MATSUDA | MAINTAIN FAITH

OyfTTsOI1y-yatBfkfGKc6iw94QKnxPtug9Tl7ZdHIWIjw2FaSJBlUkdYbZyFHZkQNCWndx_FMQsYq2W7FMKQYAAHWJXjT8K2jssSBFnTPu9TMMJa7ytPWC6uca1yJ9UXDEx215RRRvjOwqtzkdoDYs

MATSUDA | MAINTAIN FAITH

0LjlTJw4cIX2vaSNBDdcioq0jQ9RTA48kMn2RWpD5e6HxHfgUkABeZITWUKU6TiJWzld9B83KuNqOHbpam-Rgmh542TG21jfvLD65EBh0673VCJqHTnbjCHwYRaShU3fm297SdE_AsPy8lEVLRIHQLY

OyfTTsOI1y-yatBfkfGKc6iw94QKnxPtug9Tl7ZdHIWIjw2FaSJBlUkdYbZyFHZkQNCWndx_FMQsYq2W7FMKQYAAHWJXjT8K2jssSBFnTPu9TMMJa7ytPWC6uca1yJ9UXDEx215RRRvjOwqtzkdoDYs

Oh venerable Monk Matsuda, your concerns are not misplaced. Indeed, I - Danzen of the Moving Mountain - too held the greatest of worries for the White Comet. And indeed, your outrage is warranted. Just as a father would lament his son undertaking a wicked path, so too do I lament the actions of a few foolish men. Even so, I must assert that the investigation lies within the lands of a most worthy man. Too have my initial misgivings been misplaced.

Indeed, the Bishop Westerland - Father Villorik - is an upstanding clergyman. In speaking with him as a man would a brother, he withheld no information from my prying queries - despite myself being a stranger. With compassion does he seek the truth of this affair, and I believe his conviction to be one which radiates a bright and warm light. The parish of Jorenus is most fortunate to have a man so caring; we are even more fortunate that there is he to whom we may impart our trust.

Yet still, your outrage is not totally misplaced. The mishandling of this investigation, in my opinion, lies with Cardinal Jorenus and his Holiness. In seeking to avoid worldly scandal, the Cardinal had opted to convene with his fellows in a most private setting. Too did he immediately deny allegations levied towards his King, leaving those in wait beyond the Pontificial Chamber to only speculate an attempt at cover-up. And indeed, his Holiness yielded to the demands of the Cardinal who had sought to maintain the independence of Jorenus and the reputation of his King.

The consequence, though quiet, has been dire. With my own eyes I had beared witness to the seculars of Haense accosting and banishing truthseekers. Per Pontificial Decree, these seculars had been empowered to remove ANY virtuous man from their territory at the charge of mere question-asking. Too has this emboldened the nobility of the realm to forsake any accusation - as seen with Lord Gudonov - for they are content with placing their faith in totality to a King, even above the Church. And so it is that this motion has not brought comfort to the Haensetic man, but rather the maintenance of a secular government and hierarchy.

Further, the distrust levied upon Jorenus has only amplified per the Cardinal’s unwillingness for transparency and cooperation. Your missive, venerable Matsuda, is proof enough. Rather than yearning to work with the fellow clothbearing men of Jude or otherwise, Cardinal Jorenus has opted to instead keep his fellows estranged. After all, it is reasonable that these contemporaries may yet become rivals in the future. In treating the clergy as pieces upon a political game, he has failed totally in the charge of a Cardinal. And I warn you, venerable Masuda, to not walk the same path.

Only through Bishop Westerwald has any form of kinship been offered thus far. He has been most dutiful in his charge, and I believe that he may be key in vanquishing the tension between the many squabbling factions. I would say to my good friend - Bishop Callahan - do not forsake this man! Work with him, and be of utmost respect. It is worthwhile to respect his boundaries and lead, for he is not a wicked man. In maintaining a disposition of distrust forthright, the wounds of our spirit shall never heal. In assuming wickedness thus, the brightness of the truth shall dim.

The priority of the Pontiff, and all faithful clergy, should thus be compassion. There are no rivals, and there are no enemies. Evaristus and Clement wandered the lands to spread and preserve the honored Virtue and Spirit - THIS IS THE MISSION. It is well that you have highlighted error on behalf of Jorenus, but such admonishment should not be preceded by distrust nor a desire to tear down. Just as the mother would scold her son for reaching towards an open flame, we must do so with the same reasoning - care for their wellbeing.

Yet, who is Danzen to convince you? Danzen is an apostate - a heretic by the regulations of Canon Law. Yet still, Danzen is a most pious man; and little more than one, too. Shall his wisdom be ignored by the venerable Matsuda? Shall he earn the ire of Cardinal Jorenus and his Holiness? These things are beyond Danzen’s control. He can only promise that should the truth not come to the light by means of the Comet, it shall be presented by the means of the Sun.

NAMU MYŌHŌ KANI KYŌ,

Yasu-Tori Danzen

Filled with a great negative kani, a military governor makes preparations for a total victory against the dark forces of Gashadokuro and revenge against those that aided him to get to this point. :murder:

Monk Matsuda Sakuraba prayed at the Orange Chapel at the Monastery of Juli'el. He had mediated there for days, intent on joining the Society of Saint Julia of Parasidius, the 'Julians'. After his third day, he climbed down the mountain and returned to the main hall of the complex, where a courier delivered this very missive to him.

In his many years on Aevos, the aging elf had not interacted much with his kinsmen, the Oyashimans. Reading, he was filled with pride an melancholy. It was not easy for this man, who practiced his faith much more comfortably as a hermit, but knew his work was not yet finished. As he took on a new habit, he would reach out to Father Callahan as the missive advised, and another to Father Villorik

His thoughts lingered on a potential pilgrimage to see the wise Denzen...

A bloodied and bruised An-Gho nodded approvingly at the missive amidst a burning and smoking church. Besides him, two combatants struggled to the death.