ON DRUIDISM II | Addressed to Zaelyn

Werew0lf

QpLQZsqiw80DF9gflGQMRK95hOoaz2dzoqw74bAVDtwXOFc0HMTmRspyQpTXQ_0Q5qVP0fKTKeCLZ2XXylPrRz1U4l_iUY-pRTR5GN_5PIjrdIuBL8NdNKIAFqWEXx6bY3p9a0DsChsmHBm0UZFd54Q

pBn5aKnixme13B4fVHuw7qmwKlFHxCGX2743V9wWa_qYsWjT25b4yyRSEZYYP8ZvVkJExWsRPMGbLKiDDV5F_Bcb1ETZZsTwrO0hmKuBpxTsKdnNepZp0WEfpSv5E7D6WHkWTdmslbEgioY5-sIORGQ

LCArYnCxHei_JKCj_bPj_UJd7hbn4FLTUSVOkmm8KXDcNn62NfEupeTDFbtopjf77ZpMokPpmjm5V6rxIKdovSgFvOUiUrN77GnB-DR2---IL_Eh5YvcLLBEThiHa33ghwE-ro_7l9jBROJKB6kgTjw

DopPFXAm709Gbom94KrNI5zQRsyncVzOUmU-BfGXB7ZrumAeaqN9oZ9jSDehb_g-tIiYI7Fw3GuaFr9yYNsUqPKwGbkDN2GwkewktUAlBz45JjP0hhpmVhf2LJS2_VB_lakHA_YG0kVezL92FKG3gSA

To my teacher,

I write to you this missive in regards to the second task that was set for me. However, during my perilous journey in order to find an absolute place of building, there it was - a giant serpent, at no size greater than the tallest canopies, looking to battle me. As both of us were injured, desecrating my garden, I fled. Same again, I was met by the old seer, who afforded me this wisdom. 

ᚤᛟᚢ ᚨᚱᛖ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚠᛁᚱᛋᛏ ᛟᚠ ᚴᛁᚾ, ᛏᛟ ᚷᛟ ᛞᛟᚹᚾ ᛋᚢᚲᚺ ᛈᚨᛏᚺ ᛟᚠ ᚾᚨᛏᚢᚱᛖ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛈᛖᚨᚲᛖ. ᚤᛖᛏ, ᛁ ᚲᚨᚾ ᛋᛖᛖ ᛁᚾ ᚤᛟᚢᚱ ᛖᚤᛖᛋ, ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᛒᛚᛟᛟᛞ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛏᚺᚢᚾᛞᛖᚱ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛒᛖ ᚤᛟᚢᚱ ᚢᚾᛒᛖᚲᛟᛗᛁᚾᚷ.

You are the first of kin, to go down such path of nature and peace. Yet, I can see in your eyes, that blood and thunder will be your unbecoming

Yet again, please draw from this strange wisdom. 

dJsmqgRhzo_Qo0v7n7ZdwNColZzTZZQxokDTNb-TGYD0xwAEJru4H1MNIsgb8OCpaghhwv8FCJ_yYR0QLtsSNf7ikUyoCtX9ARkC7-KCY1AyP1Avif2kV4y0xaPkzslfM-36jCq6N2KkA0VhK1uyiEg

My favoured teacher, you set onto me the path to find purpose in nature. You said to understand it, and in order to do so, you wished for me to grow a garden, a wreath of strawberries that would be for me to claim afterwards. At first, I saw this as menial labour, and went up to the highest of hills, where roots would dwindle, and where water would stream. I chopped logs, and planted my farm, expecting nothing more but success. At first, it looked wonderful, seeds plucked in, and ready to grow. 

66UEx3n5380gUDVAHyUWcRYyxdyFdVAheD8Qf30tk5rsmlktooOyDv6Li7qIF0TLRroyeYAJ9YTwdeugOF99LlpAp8egBbOKDcBYAgtRnOTybT4IDvIWEQ8zJwKSoYPYFQZwSkzSHRHhhQwD7jpRraA

For the first coming months, I returned, watered, and waited. Nothing occurred, nothing grew, it simply stood there. I went out to find someone absorbed in nature, and soon realised that the canopies of the surrounding trees blocked out sunlight, a fundamental aspect of growth. In doing so, I placed down sources of light, enough to bask my seeds in. I saw miniscule growth, a small festering, a bud. 

otrTRAZncQfzzNMPxwITjYqRGVHU0UuTxCBqK0se2DPd3kwL4hulvMLAeXFo2_3q9zIxRhc-jfhcPPCqOv5ZlL8ac2SCJAm7vRE_5sd4dJa-dMrOMoPKeGRMYnwPbL_JgBYIYnPphJ9at1SrS121ayg

A few more months went by, and nothing had changed. I watered, and waited, and watered, and waited. However, I soon realised that it was not enough to water it once a week. My comrades, vikings and all, told me that vegetables and fruits must be watered daily! How could I do this, to go up and down hill every day, in order to water this plant? So, I decided to make a camp nearby, and then it started. Every day, for the past month, I watered, until strawberries had grown in the weeks. Upon tasting them, they were sweet, and wonderful.

Hfj5Dq5oBWxi9gZhKxMnOnlAfgRgKiVCqqiGNVFGo_6ZGpKuXHcbErbY1sPUoXvB5nUoF8R1M-vBHfXJpgpP2WWHD6xNKE8iCwt7lPKrGP0NzvqZ6ju7OSC-JZxfv9rYEYsHSeE2vUlERB364NRZq2I

And from this lesson, I have learned:

Nature is a  pain in the ass, man

Signed,

Thor.

[!] The riptide looked over the missive with a softened chuckle. “That it is” a softened nod was offered in agreement to the closing statement.