Rainy Thoughts

Bawg

1116633224_JungleStorm.thumb.jpg.5aece9150ded9d53444973d525695f5a.jpg

The Valley of Jagged Rocks

“Ascend to the highest peak and you will seal our pact,” Angath said to himself as he stared at the peak of the valley from the bottom of the basin. The overcast up above dim the sun’s shining rays and an aura of gloom hung over the valley. The valley of jagged rocks seemed like an overestimation at first glance, but underneath all the trees and the bushes is not meant for the faint of heart. The orc exhaled sharply before beginning his trek to the peak when suddenly a familiar voice begins to speak to him. “You.”

“I know you. I know who you are and what you are.” The voice whispered into the ear of Angath as he scaled the mountainous walls of the valley. The skies grew darker. The scent of rain filled the air. “It should have been you. It's all your fault.” The greenskin continued to climb as his thoughts clouded and another barrage of insults assaulted him.“They would be here if it weren’t for you. You failed them when they needed you most.” These words he has heard hundreds of times already, but every time it still cuts him deep inside.

The sky rumbled in the distance as gusts of wind forced the trees to dance to their song. The light rain suddenly turned to a downpour. Angath struggled, but he finally was able to see the bottom of the basin from the peak. He fell to his knees, closed his eyes, and attempted to contact the spirit, Lluvia. In return there was no response, except the same taunting voice, “What makes you think you could have ever endured the storm?”

Overwhelmed with exhaustion, guilt, and doubt, the orc fell back and opened his eyes, turning his gaze to the clouds as they shifted in the sky. The raindrops falling upon his face gently washing away his sweat and tears. As Angath watched the lightning flicker behind the dark clouds, a comforting voice echoed. “Through my fury, you found calm. My clouded skies granted you clarity. Now let my tears shower you and heal your heavy heart.”