Two Letters of Faith

_oV6-O6pEMtZW31gxPv-B2atxwym73qaBPL7vnXgmHQZxTs5AWy5Ce37s-kfm4aG10za0P3K66t5JUBXh9nZpUJm6UUF6tC4y2Oc6wRqhO7VXbCNyfGLZXg2pQ6DyOFQwrmx8Ks9blLcMJuH9fQll1k

[!] Two missives, written by the same author in side-by-side years, arrive soon after each other, finding their way to their intended reader through courier, mailbox, or otherwise.

TO ASK OF RECOMMUNION

By Mundoberht of Tuhrosweyk, Messenger of the Owynhar Alliance - 1970

@MadOne

Spoiler

Greetings and hail your Holiness, Caius Primus, I write to you today to inform you of two subjects and ask of one. Though firstly, it may be prudent for me to explain who I am, and from where I hail. I am Mundoberht, Messenger of Owynhar Alliance and Denizen of Tuhrosweyk, a small, barren landmass far, far from your own, one wrought of winter, cold, and scarcity. Our ways are primitive and without tack or advancement, our tools stone and bronze. Yet despite our barbarity, we are of faith, first converted by a former local, Venerable Father Seghwert many decades ago.

I am here on behalf of the Faithful Tribes of Tuhrosweyk to ask that you recognize our attempt at contact, and thus communion with the Holy Mother Church of Canondom, for we have long been without proper knowledge of current events or decisions made by GOD’s Vicar and those under his rightful church. 

I have also been told to inform you that a majority of our homeland has been successfully converted, be it by word or fire and blood, only a small holdout of heathenry remains in the south-eastern swamps, yet their foul sorcery keeps our pious warriors at bay. Secondly, it is important to note that I will be writing for the return of Father Seghwert’s remains, they will hopefully be given to the church and should be cremated in traditional Owynist fashion with the exception of the right hand, such being an important symbol of faith in our culture. If possible, I also ask that a reply is returned whenever possible, as to inform my homeland.

A REQUEST OF ENTOMBMENT

By Mundoberht of Tuhrosweyk, Messenger of the Owynhar Alliance - 1971

@LithiumSedai

Spoiler

Greetings to you Sir Daris Verethi or whoever of the Salvian Syndicate that receives this letter. I write to you to request the return of Venerable Father Seghwert’s remains to the Holy Mother Church of Canondom - This is the will and request of the Owynhar Alliance, a Canonist Tribal Coalition from Tuhrosweyk, homeland of the Venerable in question. The body is requested to be returned intact if possible, moved with pious haste to the Holy See.

My knowledge of your possession of our kinsman’s worldly remains is based upon the missive titled ''A Relic Retrieved ''. Please write back if possible, for uncertainty leads to doubt, and doubt leads to fear, fear becoming anger and wroth, a most foul sin.

Sir Daris Verethi and his compatriots kept the courier detained at the Salvian legation in Whitespire, suspecting a plot or conspiracy of some sort. However, when his motives and authenticity were proven, Daris penned a reply and released the courier so it might be returned to the tribesman.

@Norgeth

TO MUNDOBERHT OF TUHROSWEYK, MESSENGER OF THE OWYNHAR ALLIANCE,

Three blessings to you and Saint Ottomar's eternal grace and protection. I am overjoyed to know that this outlander Venerable of yours has not been forgotten here, and I assure you that his remains are safeguarded by our Syndicate and treated with utmost piety and respect that a brother of the Faith deserves. However, if your wish as his next of kin is to have them returned to the Outlands, to the custody of the Mother Church, I shall respect that wish and see to it that Ven. Fr. Wert's relics are shipped back to Aevos. Long has it been since the days of a Church infested with trickery and betrayal, and His Holiness is a Waldenian ally trusted by the Syndicate and a proven enemy of the Deceiver. Within a Saint's Week, our honor guard will have the body returned.

WEALTH BEYOND MEASURE,

zK000tNXeeqM7ViaZfqbvA6VmNX9cIydm1U7Z9YZzCEXg85WNQf1DPEB-URJbINgv3RsAVVvKt9DR9DgSi9hnFc1fgcwQOl1BhgaKRGxhEkx4R7gxn2P-gbh2LwBj83L0IrC1Swr--4FWxSXvAMWtQ