A Betrayal of Kin? [RP Post]

TheHeftyDonut

The darkness overtakes this person, perhaps a serpent should take refuge in a den where no one will ever see them again. One could just see, one just saw colors of the world, and now there is only emptiness in their visage. But for how long?

Freya had been in this state of darkness for some time over an elven week now. The only thing she could remember seeing was the argument she had with her mal’onn, August. Being of ancestral birth in the Athri’onn faith Freya whispered small prayers to her ancestors, those Matriarchs and Patriarchs that had come before her, “Ancestors, why have you taken my sight, why have you deemed me unfit now to lead this family and see to the growth of my kin. When you chose me over the rest of my kin to lead?” 

The Athri’onn continued through the days, only going out of her home when needed within court meetings of Celia’nor, simply when asked. “A public figure, So much I have yet accomplished, please. . .” She pleaded prayers and other uncertain phrases to herself every day and cried herself to sleep with these every night. The insanity this ‘curse’ has brought to her is something one might never be able to work past, would it be better for her to be like her mother and dive deeper into her arts to the point it drives her even more mad? This disease was given by the ancestors through a speaker of their stories, a family elder. How could she have upset them this much? 

“I only wish to fix the things I have broken, I only wish to please you. Please I beg of you for the sight back for this curse is too much to handle.” Her mind continued to wonder with these thoughts. . .

((VISION DEPENDING ON ACCEPTANCE OF FA)) 

Finally, Freya fell asleep after hours or even days, in this moment she felt in a place of peace to sleep. During her slumber she began to toss and turn, terrible vision would plague her- a serpent dead; pierced by a gem on an emerald crown. Soon after a static-like image was given to her before another image- a serpent wrapping around a grimoire, then a flash of energy, a voice. . . Something she felt she recognized, “Mother of Serpents. . . Look at us.”

The flash of energy dimmed as all was in her head now, and she began to wake - looking around a room that seemed to be a dimly lit library with a floating book that held an olive-hued aura emitting from it. There were figures on the second floor of the library but she couldn’t see who they were. “Freya. . . We have heard your call. And have accepted you have learned from the lack of effort you have put into our kin.” The voice echoed through the halls of the library. As Freya looked back down at the book she realized a figure with blonde hair standing next to you, though one could not see the face of said being, it was simply darkness. 

The figure spoke, “Young lari. Daughter.  It is time you claim what is truly yours.” This voice boomed through the halls louder than all who spoke previously,  it then waved its hand and a gust of wind knocked Freya to her back. She had truly woke from her visions now, with whispers of, “The Cloth” - clear directions for the lari.