[✗] [The Spirits Amendment] Thulezia

satinkira

OLD

Thulezia - Spirit of lust, pleasure, and beauty

Appearing as a succubus-like creature who shifts between male, female, or both. Will attempt to lure all who summon it into temptation and seduction. If it succeeds it will entrap them.

NEW

Thulezia - Spirit of temptation, vanity, manipulation

Appears as a representation of what the individual wants or desires most. Will attempt to lure the summoner with false promises of the fulfillment of their strongest wishes.

Spoiler

Shamans, you claim you dislike excessively weird romance roleplay, yet you have a succubus spirit. You will therefore agree to its being amended, will you not?

image.png?ex=66336392&is=66321212&hm=1f7

(It is undoubtedly true that via Spirit lore, a Spirit of lust will exist. As far as I'm aware, Thulezia has not been interacted with solely for the purpose of 'lust' and 'pleasure' (as in sexual pleasure) for a very long time - and even if it has, that's pretty odd behaviour. Via this amendment, vanity and temptation leave open all the non-odd forms of desire; things like addiction, money, gambling, all fall under temptation. This amendment has been worded with the fact that folks can interact with Thulezia on the basis of 'desire' in formats other than sexual. I'd also note that this also leaves open the potential for a 'Mirror of Erised' dynamic almost, one where an individual is tempted by what they want, not what they necassarily should have. This amendment serves to neutre the romantic-odd part of the spirit whilst developing upon its temptation aspect - because, in that mind, opens up more room for roleplay, and is just more interesting.)

Aw shit here we go again, and in a freeze as well.

In all of my time playing a shaman I have not once heard of/seen this particular spirit being interacted with. The redlines for this spirit in WD lore also prohibit anything inappropriate or suggestive. Not too sure this is needed.

Just now, Boknice275 said:

In all of my time playing a shaman I have not once heard of/seen this particular spirit being interacted with. The redlines for this spirit in WD lore also prohibit anything inappropriate or suggestive. Not too sure this is needed.

I don't think it can be considered at this point (I forgot about the Shaman freeze) but the rewording essentially just works to remove anything potentially inappropriate whilst maintaining the potential for all the other forms of temptation/desire (alcohol, addiction, vanity, so forth). I suppose it does the same job as the redlines, but if the redlines contradict the lore, then it's worth writing the lore to not contradict the redlines/vice versa (in this case the lore), at least in my opinion.

We are in deep freeze guys plz no more submissions! 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.