The Butterfield Map

ft8pjgB6lJR8sV42WrKAaH4ISNVbu6DinOaBMrmQA5J2paADK1TMr3sCbHtqOeRzq94_UqUly57-qjMeM_mQmsY3J4_MqypM39AIYGHvfu3SZmcKv0L8IGnmeoDSNJrVD0Vh06vmaEuhUDF5m6j6BP4

cHIvmOq.png

3IwxPdd.jpeg

(High Resolution: https://imgur.com/a/Ng7WM2x)

Spoiler

BIG THANKS TO @seannie for their scouting of the in-game map in order to help with accuracy!

b7k0VWwwZOm_ernU9O-uMgo4oXyDOlDt4x67lGof1dbUEBupuyHdmzvD3uY6jAg3CwDP3DNtq594p9sW2nImrJKKcA7er8-eIRi5EGuTHimgyYDELIXACWkgfLCOgxaEAFGl9TBr8Gn4Q0bnaf-XcV0

Produced by Montague Butterfield, owner and operator of The Butterfield Company, the Butterfield Map is a stylized projection of the continent of Aevos in the One Thousand Nine Hundred and Seventy-Fifth Imperial Year of Our Lord.

Montague Butterfield has ventured around the continent for decades as a traveling merchant peddling the world's most exceptional libations and culinary delights. Over the years, he compiled meticulous notes on the locations and boundaries of natural wonders and civilization. Initially produced for internal routing of trade caravans, the Butterfield family decided on a public release of this essential travel companion to celebrate the one-thousandth successful voyage of their trade fleet. Butterfield artisans faithfully reproduce this product using state-of-the-art block presses, powered by Heartlandic ox and muscle, available in all sizes, from pocket to floor murals.

b7k0VWwwZOm_ernU9O-uMgo4oXyDOlDt4x67lGof1dbUEBupuyHdmzvD3uY6jAg3CwDP3DNtq594p9sW2nImrJKKcA7er8-eIRi5EGuTHimgyYDELIXACWkgfLCOgxaEAFGl9TBr8Gn4Q0bnaf-XcV0

Discrepancies and Complaints

Discrepancies identified by the public should be expressed in writing and addressed to The Butterfield Cartography Division. Mail can be received by raven or messenger at 189 Butterfield Lane, Heartlands.

Complaints can be sent by raven or messenger to Complaint Burning Pit, 190 Butterfield Lane, Heartlands.

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord if you realize any of the borders are incorrect. The goal is to make this map the most accurate it can be and useful to all players/nations. However, please understand I do this as a hobby and out of a genuine interest in map making. So be kind!

Brought to you by:
WhY7yMJ.png

The Miller's Mark™, King's Ivy Tea™, and Hammer Time Road Repair LLC are subsidiaries of the Butterfield Company.

gXJwgt7cLvI1cG4FW99ncA0NGAjtTWyrdyz_epYw8yLUS_M-dvjYAO1jnpd7SsStFx7yRrsTpegNUS2aRNtrQhsG9iqonsEqNG6gC11ji2AOVH0YQTmdmVNZbGYijpZhsZjlS-tMIn7fHJqgGXW2oDg

The Duke of Brabant was stoked to be put on the map. "I must offer this company a sizeable donation!"

"Our cook is deeply accomplished!" Exclaimed HEDWIG OF WARSOVIA as she showed her husband the Butterfield Map. "My curiousity on his culinary skills only grows."
@Olox_

Andrea smiled as she looked at the map. "Interesting lost art"

The King of Ravenmire looks over the map "Ah one did not travel to the far northern sea, I see." giving a slight nod.

"It's called Celia'nor not Celia'lin... and Shugonate, not Shogunate... really- argh.." Grumbled elf, "Celia'lin was a village in Lurin. Valah..." Mumbled Raziel.

7 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

"It's called Celia'nor not Celia'lin... and Shugonate, not Shogunate... really- argh.." Grumbled elf, "Celia'lin was a village in Lurin. Valah..." Mumbled Raziel.

A few days would pass and a letter would arrive bearing the seal of The Butterfield Company. Inside would be the plain words of "Your discrepancies have been noted and the map adjusted to reflect elven and Oyashima traditional spelling variants. - Edward Butterfield of The Buttterfield Cartography Department"

Henry Arthur Haverlock, the Duke of Blackworth and a vassal of Ravenmire, pens a letter to Edward Butterfield. @CharmingCavalier

"Good Sir, I hope this letter finds you in good health. As a member of the Ravenmirian Government, I wish to inform you of some discrepancies that we have taken note of regarding the map. Do note that I have a deep respect for your line of work, and this letter serves merely to inform of minor errors."

"First; Ravenmire's capital, Ravenmire City, is further to the north and sits exactly along the coastline - If you were to visit it in person, you shall see that it sits beneath the cliff and uses artificial supports to extend out and slightly into the Northern Sea."

"Second; Ravenmire's borders. Ravenmire as of late has seen gradual territorial expansion - My own fief, the Duchy of Blackworth, sits right along the northern border of Norland, and so it would be appropriate to display the borders of Ravenmire to encompass the majority of the peninsula which we sit upon. Allow me to send you the borders which our Kingdom currently holds."

On the back of the letter is attached a sketch of the Kingdom of Ravenmire's borders, including the two vassal fiefdoms of the Rhosmark and Blackworth.

Spoiler

SN9Dk9ciCAFq8PDIEHD-1_kIHRC9LkhOtC7gHo4HHPxbOT5lhvW6gnSUtGg1h3fm0saR8BKSCEOzZuQYPx5WdlQl53DAY6li0PKTz5SNq7RpqJwxR3tcurOhFRYfX_dJMYgQFUyt_VLJ6Pay7lU26Bk