THE ROYAL TOUR OF ALBA | Viscounty of Stormont

ztbmHbjgw31aUL8z0McqHA6NmW_8sodmyjSf1Ra5SYipRTodBBHvxhua_Mj0diAigYNAERiQIMB3161DIEnrqmhnjv_5CmdUDi0XktuNpHkVjjldK1XVpBM9Ld6jATGVdh3Zt3fvtvDgVAjifsWqHdw

jcFfLeoQ_Ge0lCpnESHuXxboON8gpLU0IhOudddMQLkLH5ECv7KIhrTNjIoLRxLAz5juMtB_Ui5ULQF2x8-5HuSRsmFmxq-7p0lN4yYwUfmg1Lox7az7UJgMrEXaWMEO_PsPVNqtlB86i2JOKTv0yxI
Gba9saTW8k3xg1Uuuyts70E19_jQbOOSIZjbdRrbFCYd_w2tGhh0awr4iyJKc2dbneTDyhvxGFNpp6WecQ8nn33GShy06MhzsLXGygkNHLW7xHrEDWgMquiM7AGtwaGmcXy2udbGF5O1HiKrZG27bF8

Counting down the months until I wed the Lord of Alba, together we had planned meticulously our pathway after marriage and the impending duration of our honeymoon. With the confederation only born only hours after the announcement of our engagement, I suggested to Prince Charles that we should embark on a royal tour whilst we are still young and full of optimism; a chance to know our future vassals, both of Petran and Aaunish origin. Thus, the ROYAL TOUR OF ALBA was born. Within the year did we begin to lay out the foundations of our visits, contacting noble lords and ladies alike upon their availability. Each location we are to visit will be recorded and published for the use of education amongst the PARADISIAN COURT, so that future generations will know of their noble peers and landholders’ humility; an example made of them. 

The first stop of our tour found ourselves in the heart of the Petran province: VALLAGNE. There, the VISCOUNTY OF STORMONT and seat of HOUSE REINHOLD reside.

I confess, dear reader, that I had not known the VISCOUNTY OF STORMONT too well before our visit. Yet, upon our arrival into Vallagne we noticed that despite a lack of place of their own outside the once-capital of Petra, they had made themselves at home in their corner of town. Our entourage approached Manor Raònoir, and made our presence known. Upon first glance could I tell that both Sir Reinholds prided themselves on their gentility, for when they showed their faces did they beam as radiant as the sun. SIR WILFORD REINHOLD in particular took my interest, as he offered a polite bow and asked us how our evenings had gone.

No time was wasted after first introductions, for we were welcomed into the manor before we knew it. SIR ATTICUS REINHOLD informed us that their newly-established family prided themselves on their artisans; craftsmen, painters, and architects. Whilst I found the space of the manor well-utilised for a makeshift exhibition of one’s family crafts, I could not help but feeling as though they would be better suited for somewhere humble, yet their own, to have rooms and rooms of artwork proudly displayed for all to see. Established art galleries instead of a salon-made. Yet, enough of my nitpicking. My royal husband is not one to engross himself in the arts, but that did not stop him from engaging with the paintings.Whilst I took to discovering the history of House Reinhold and how they came to live in Petra, he and our esteemed companions braved the parlour for artefact viewing. I will not dabble much into the history of House Reinhold (I believe you should, dear reader, take the time to ask the good sirs yourself), but I admired the devotion and work they put into establishing themselves amongst the ranks. Two great minds, each with different skill sets, came together to form a strong partnership. They are a testament to what great effort can award you in life.

Here I note how incredibly informed LADY ADELYN REINHOLD, the heiress of Stormont, was. She did not hesitate to enlighten everyone on the painter, her aunt Angelina. She is an esteemed architect throughout the province. I was not familiar with her work before spotting her portraits upon the wall, but dare I say Princes Charles and I now are now fans of her artistry. In my eyes, Lady Adelyn should appear more in society so that she may grace others with her presence for she was a delight to be around.

One piece that piqued my interest was an open sketchbook by Lord Oliver Reinhold. Sketches, both in colour and lack of, displayed various pieces of clothing. Some were formal dresses, others casual daywear, though it was clear upon further inspection that. There was even a mannequin in his tailoring. I express my utmost, and commend him on his fine needlework. I have yet to meet Lord Oliver, but when I do I shall put him in good word with my own Mistress of the Robes, Miss Lucia.

From then did a man of our flank, squire George Halcourt, find himself engrossed in a blade displayed. Our attention was drawn towards the encounter, like a moth to a flame, that I could not help but marvel. Sir Wilford was the first to speak on the dagger, which we found out was his craftsmanship. George was able to wield the blade himself, which proved to the knights of Petra his future alongside them in the knighthood of the Heartlander Confederation. Sir Wilford's work was impressive, given his extensive years of refining his talents. One ought to seek the lord out for commissions.

Due to the group’s size, Sir Atticus asked us whether or not we had an interest in archery. I opted to sit out of this activity as I wield particularly poor aim unlike my party-goers, who appeared excited for the opportunity to show off their archery skills. We found ourselves being led through the Vallagne square and out of the city walls, until we reached a point which one could only describe as a small campsite, with a few placed targets. The winner was Count Emilio Varoche, whose aim with a bow will remain victorious amongst the congregation. The reward he will be given is a weapon designed in his likeness by Sir Wilford. The game, whether spontaneous or planned beforehand, was a breath of fresh air and provided much needed fun to a day of sight-seeing.

e8pXbRNJctUJnXgOw57piQv1eoGvU97ZIhqxUSnLMoqMbtXfQ7LhOqWyNJRDtETE_6glYMOqyufjDt2ScX-Lmr_uODusmCXCD2NGfIpoX_-U6a_tOQqLUObl2n9eay7BeXLn7REYgT-jFcsfpFBmYHU

We look forward to seeing Sir Atticus and Sir Wilford Reinhold as they continue to embark on changing the legacy of the Petran province. Furthermore, we would be delighted to visit again in the foreseeable future and thank them for their time. The Viscounty of Stormont shall receive a COMMEMORATIVE PIN in honour of their hospitality.

WRITTEN AND SELF-PUBLISHED;
In the Hand of Horen at Whitespire,
On the 10th of Horen's Calling, 1976.

Her Royal Highness, HEDWIG OF WARSOVIA,

Crown Princess-consort of Aaun, Lady Chamberlain of the Paradisian Court

& the Lady of Alba

-iDh8BWm_PyNfE5OlFbkOrgQczOFTU5AUnnwHwaRmJ-ofWL3CwsfZ2vLnlvW6Mq9cET8iwF2QexbADW5h5EN0JunLW_6C_36T0dN9rfnii6BANPYpuZgkRwkd8uudowuSLPP3pXXf7bxI56ayyMTUSQ

Spoiler

I would like to thank @Hom, @mothsthetic and @frenchfrogss for taking time out of their schedules to sign themselves up for the Royal Tour of Alba. Both @Olox_ and I enjoyed ourselves, even if it was really late for us.

Lady Adelyn Reinhold was thrilled that Her Highness thought so highly of her. She would indeed plan to make more appearances within the Province.

“Look at this!” Atticus is beaming as he dashes into the study, waving the paper in Wilford’s face- Then, actually handing it to him so he can read it. “I didn’t expect something like this- I mean, our occasion was fairly humble- But this is wonderful!” He pauses to wring his hand out, then chuckles. “Her Highness has fantastic penmanship- It’s an honor to be described in her writing. Do you think we’ve really outgrown the house though?” He questions, thoughtfully. @mothsthetic

Charles Alstion let out a sigh as he thought of the night spent at the first destination of the royal tour "I hope that the rest of our hosts will be as nice as the Reinholds. We should pay them a visit some day, naturally once the royal tour is over!" The Crown Prince said with a smile to his wife - Hedwig of Warsovia

@ibiou

Wilford has to lean back in his desk chair to actually get any sort of idea as to what is partner is waving at him. When he’s handed the paper he holds it rather close to his face, squinting through his glasses as he reads. As he nears the end, his eyes light up. “Oh-! Oh!!” He looks up from the missive with a wide smile, “I’m glad t’ey enjoyed et- I was worried et was tae simple-“ The aging Knight pauses, glancing around the study for a moment. “Maybe et’s time fer an update.” @Hom

38 minutes ago, Olox_ said:

Charles Alstion let out a sigh as he thought of the night spent at the first destination of the royal tour "I hope that the rest of our hosts will be as nice as the Reinholds. We should pay them a  visit some day, naturally once the royal tour is over!" The Crown Prince said with a smile to his wife - Hedwig of Warsovia

@ibiou

"They left quite the impression, did they not?"  HEDWIG OF WARSOVIA replied in tandem with her husband. She was beginning the next volume of her work, The Royal Tour of Alba: Free City of Chambery, in their little holiday home, the candlelight in their chamber flickering with the final flames of the night. "I dare say that we have high expectations now." Putting down her quill did she peer over towards CHARLES ALSTION with a gleam in her eye. "A good idea it was for both of us to engage with our future vassals. A success, surely. Knowing them personally has left me feeling rather inspired."