○ ASPECTISM ○

Amayonnaise

KHM7i_sfkVGNTlPWcCEeH5ZhxvbDJpVAcmIQNGJ_7nW5ASe1Cu2mlxR4PjdQGpvhv3R_7EpA2Fhr-Fe7rcSBT7qyWNXbXpkXdqybNybZp8CH9RCCX5PEokcQYnjMDxZHbQ6fXmu2IMYoNP7BLf4srYQ

qGzrGYzPAFiafV9OLTYGAiLnkW-i0D93nbetTxD-7ypveOGXng3Om0ApOedMM_qn__zjBr1ad8TRE_joNa3d-U5QkdTIHZhb6IgHsf_dZ392fS4EqN8CZQ084ASeb44q05M44QQZSaZ63eb-cJ6p-60

YR_FF1nclvpzO4-C_jaPjyif8bkHy7YU-CczmCtPmT9AX_yoP2fHJrA54JdvcdWxy01FfCQlNW72kV6-DYYwpoDA_d_5Aqg2-Wq7r6LoI8Jr1wtTx_AjVPxVdKKDmzyLcxZ6qrpfYvuXcEjB84FuU9Q

Aspectism is the worship of and devotion to the Aspects and the Balance of the natural realm. While the Mani exist within Aspectism as servants of the Aspects, it does not involve the reverence of the Mani, as such customs are upheld by the Wild Faith. However, Aspectism and the Wild Faith may be followed simultaneously, for both serve the purpose of worshipping deific figures of the Eternal Forest, and the natural realm that they created and protect in unity.

QfoB89_UHZAnxTrZOX6LEs1luFQXBcD3cJM2UiqpXegW2SSye3K3hT-YIrFCi3LNt0qX_jcP_ruJigp4_0VnJl-YRbbLT2UqTApomS4IYh7omOvUmgEtHZXUeFJX_VxHHTJe1LeWVmpwOSbk73tUxiQ

History of Aspectism

Spoiler

Age of the Aspects

In the era of Aegis, long after the era of Malin and before the discovery and revival of the Seeds and the Aspectist Faith, the first Druid arrived upon the Shore. Respiren Nox the Wayward brought with him the seeds that would become the elder trees, and the gifts of the natural world. Many would seek him out to hear his teachings and rise beside him as the first generation of Druii, though these Druids lacked structure and faith, and only served the balance of the natural world around them.

In time, Maiavel the Dawn Druid and Petyr the Salmon Druid would each develop the fellowship of the Druii into a structured organisation; bringing forth ranks and leadership within their Circle, alongside the rites of dedicancy and attunement. Even with the Druidic Order taking shape, the realm around them would soon begin to almost hold its breath in wait, drawing anticipation upon the Druii.

Suddenly, nature would begin to speak. Each Druid was granted peculiar dreams of mysterious figures born of nature itself who reached forth to connect with them through their gifts. The Aspects had begun to call upon their new children, risen by the Wayward Druid, and revealed themselves as the deities that had bestowed the gifts of nature.

Thus, the Age of the Aspects was ushered in, with Cerridwen and Cernunnos being embraced as the primary deities of the Druii. Many monikers and titles would be granted to each of them, soon followed by rites and rituals to utter prayers in their name; bringing forth the first revival of the Aspectist Faith since the era of Malin himself.

bp-K-MIDVNzzzwgwgx4eWdxYxFCkJbH5kb97cnPIjBCrtnQ_gbs-QmFECOIlgS7vGJ7iLCZwfEs8kDDUm0MEaqGcteJTjsgT7iA4kj5D4WrAwfp7MYZbQIthZd2VUw8NuT0Ed5pXETMjXqOrhYvtrWY

Age of Decay

The Dominion of Malin fell in the later days of Atlas, and two warring states rose from its ashes. Aegrothond, the land of the Almenodrim, and Gladewynn, home of the Alderfolk. As the Dominion splintered, the Mali’ame people were split between these two nations. Aspectism was practised within Aegrothond, with seaglass mosaics depicting the Aspects and the Mani dotted around the seaside citadel of Arcas. Within Gladewynn, the Aspects began to lose their place, with the Alderfolk revering the boar and wolf Mani, Moccus and Morea.

True Aspectist worship among the Mali’ame of either state gradually faded and became lost to time, and the Mani rose to prominence. Even within the village of Siramenor, a Mali’ame settlement within the lands of Aegrothond, shrines to the Mani were in abundance and true reverence of the Aspects was a shadow of what it had once been at the height of the Dominion. Siramenor and Aegrothond eventually merged to form Elvenesse, but a few short years later, the Mali’ame population of Elvenesse re-splintered to form the separate settlement of Nevaehlen which exists to this day. While the Mali’ame of Nevaehlen undoubtedly know of the Aspects, their presence is diminished in favour of the Mani. 

bp-K-MIDVNzzzwgwgx4eWdxYxFCkJbH5kb97cnPIjBCrtnQ_gbs-QmFECOIlgS7vGJ7iLCZwfEs8kDDUm0MEaqGcteJTjsgT7iA4kj5D4WrAwfp7MYZbQIthZd2VUw8NuT0Ed5pXETMjXqOrhYvtrWY

Age of Revival

On the realm of Aevos, two elders from the era of the Dominion would eventually return and find the Aspects they once worshipped now mostly missing from the teachings of their younger kin. These elders were Lady Illynora Sylvaeri and Avyndriel Aurë'naerï Née Calithil, elfesses born to ancient Seeds who had now joined together to compile lost knowledge and histories upon the Aspectist Faith. 

Their work would be greatly aided by the restructuring conducted by Lady Sonna Vulnrith of the Glade of Hileia, whom had already begun to bring back knowledge upon the Aspects and their prayers. By scouring through older scrolls and tomes, their work would eventually culminate in an attempt to revive the Aspectist Faith as it once was, bringing forth a new era of worship.

KHM7i_sfkVGNTlPWcCEeH5ZhxvbDJpVAcmIQNGJ_7nW5ASe1Cu2mlxR4PjdQGpvhv3R_7EpA2Fhr-Fe7rcSBT7qyWNXbXpkXdqybNybZp8CH9RCCX5PEokcQYnjMDxZHbQ6fXmu2IMYoNP7BLf4srYQ

The Aspects

Cerridwen

uIYruDItyudnLrYsuT_2VgeJFxIlOjAUJLVgN6gWSZ3UfquGWmfausgRNLNxZWiXPHG6ivyjIubTtxYrI907otyoKnIz5t_fLSJovzJ_be-z1AbUhbZL0_yd2qH80fH3g5BkP005N0KUtGZMfjzd7-c

The Green Lady | Mother of the Harvest | Aspect of Fertility & Growth

Domain

Cerridwen is the lady of light and life itself, often depicted as a gentle woman with a lengthy hair woven of leaves and ivy. She is revered for the creation of the natural realm, and her unending duties in drawing forth new life and nurturing it until its eventual demise in the cycle. 

Prayers

Cerridwen’s blessings are sought during rituals and prayers for expecting mothers and their newborns, unions of marriage and eternal partnership, and for blessings upon crops and cattle.

New Beginning

A Spring ritual, spoken with the offering of a braid of one’s hair, seeking a new beginning.

Common

“O’ compassionate mother,

I offer you a piece of my essence,

So that you may imbue me with your sacred breath,

And reform my soul anew,

Free of the burdens on my shoulders.”

Elven

“O’ Haelun’Lle,

Kae’leh tal’hiylun nae illere,

Iyal il’nae’leh aheral iheiuhii kae illereh,

Kaeleh’ehya hiylun fiyem bilokera

tilrunen’onn myumin y’kae’leh.”

A Mother’s Gift

A ritual for a newborn, spoken with the offering of a baby’s lock of hair, seeking the blessing of good health.

Common

“O gentle mother,

And benevolent lady of life,

Grant this my joyous bequest;

Send out your grace on (he/she)

Fill them with life unending,

And start them on the path of goodness

That they may spread life and happiness

To all that lay their eyes upon them” 

Elven

“O Leyuan Haelun,

Lari’Taynaan ehya,

Kae iyl adonten illera;

Nae’leh ahernan y’(lae/hae) myumiera

(lae/hae) il’taynaan ordiveth ahera,

y’Elnarnsaenlle’ehya annilera

Iyal (lae/hae) taynan orwyn’ehya oerneh maeluere

Iyl’ehya y’heya suliera y’(lae/hae) oerneh illere.”

The Essence of Healing

A ritual for healers, spoken after drinking sacred attunement springwater, seeking the Mother’s grace and mercy upon a patient in their care.

Common

“O’ earth Mother, benevolent to the weak and weary,

Who spreads the gifts of life and good health over the emerald wilds.

You who gifted me my own life, and their life,

Pray for my soul and bless my hands with your healing light.

O' compassionate Mother, look down upon me,

I ask that you help your dutiful servant,

so they may continue to serve you and spread your goodness across the land.

Elven

“O’ Haelun’Taynan, orlle ay’adiln divcerun’ehya,

lae heya elillern’tayna lentera hiyluan’ehya y’ameantaynei.

nae heya kae’leh taynan illerale, kae’leh wynan’anuh il’sulwaleh, nae’leh ehya orahernan illera.

O’ Haelun’lle, y’kae anoh’suliera, kae ay’nae’leh tilrunhaleral mediera adontere,

iyul kae orern nae tilruereh, nae’leh ehya lle’saere karin’ento.”

QfoB89_UHZAnxTrZOX6LEs1luFQXBcD3cJM2UiqpXegW2SSye3K3hT-YIrFCi3LNt0qX_jcP_ruJigp4_0VnJl-YRbbLT2UqTApomS4IYh7omOvUmgEtHZXUeFJX_VxHHTJe1LeWVmpwOSbk73tUxiQ

Cernunnos

W3sRl_u7YhxDfGzgl4Kdr1iEH9O-IfGAJ6WcTQfvzXcNHsUz92GVZd6LJAmMXsCH0bvDkolwsEHDOm9rvbcsUjRdcmIwk4QxIVQenvUG_hmh-fXYo1flG2RW6a1I9SOgUJu_XA3UtsjcOVuT4cCQVKA

The Horned Lord | Father of Huntsmen | Aspect of the Primal Hunt

Domain

Cernunnos is the lord of the hunt and primal world, often depicted as a fearsome, hooded man with horns and the skull of a stag. He is revered for instilling the necessity of the balance through the death and recycling of living matter. His duties are often witnessed in the primal instincts of predators as they stalk and hunt their prey, and the nourishment of dying fauna and flora upon the surrounding environment.

Prayers

Cernunnos’ blessings are sought during rituals and prayers for huntsmen and warriors, before hunts and combat, and in mourning for lost lives.

Heart of the Hunt

A ritual thanking Cernunnos for a successful hunt, spoken with an offering prepared from the remains of the hunted prey.

Common

“O’ father of the hunt,

Blessed be to this bounty, whose hide will clothe our young,

Whose flesh will fill our stomachs.

As we take from your realm, we give back

So our souls may be one with the great balance” 

Elven

“O’ Maln’Orran,

Aheral ito iyl fihn, tuvehn kaen’leh Maliian evareh,

Taliiynan’ehya kaean’leh hilyunan fihereh karin’ento.

Kaean nae’leh tuvan, kaean illerae’yem

kaeanleh’ehya hiylunan ito tal’Meracahe orern lenterih karin’ento.”

Prayers to both Aspects

Though Cerridwen and Cernunnos claim dominion over separate parts of the balance, their work often overlaps in a cohesive display of service and protection. Thus, some rituals are dedicated to both Aspects, to call upon their might and blessings in recognition of their union.

Essence of War

A ritual for warriors preparing for battle, spoken after consuming a vial of boar’s blood, deemed the essence of Cernunnos.

Common

“O’ Lord of Death, strengthen my arm

In our time of need, I beg you to come to your people’s aid.

Fill my heart with the honor of those past as I face this newest trial

As we remember you in all our earthly troubles.

Benevolent mother, wipe fear from my heart

Never abandoning your children, always tender,

Preserve me that I may see my children and yours live,

I place my trust in you to hold my life from the end.”  

Elven

“O’ Laurir’Orkina, kae’leh wy’anuh ceruereh

Ito kaean’leh enet’adiln, kae nae’leh lye medinera adontere.

Nae kae’leh taliyna lentere il’Sirame bilokereh, ay’kinal karin’ento

Wyl kaean nae peritherae, ito kaean’leh lluman.

Haelun’Lle, lluman kae’leh hiylun myumiera’onn

Partuva nae’leh y’Malii suliera, partuva llean.

Kae’leh hiylun evara, iyal kae’leh nae’leh Malii’ehya yallran oerneh suliere, karinto.

Kae ay’nae halere, kae’leh hiylun taynan’ehya tennae kae’leh eth myumiera.

Prayer of Fortitude

A ritual for those seeking strength of mind and soul, spoken with the offering of one’s braid of hair or drop of blood.

Common

“Let nothing shake my soul,

Let nothing strike fear in my heart,

For when the world falls apart, I remember this:

The Aspects never fade.

Your faith in them gives you the world

Whoever has the light of the lord and lady lacks nothing;

The Mother and Father alone bring great treasures”

Elven

“Oerne kae’leh ethereh,

Oerne kae’leh hiylun’ito khel myumiereh

Ay’heya tuvan ullrere, kae iyl perithere:

Eletaliynan orchulne ullrer.

Nae’eh ay’eletaliynan mayilere nae tuvan illere.

Heya elsul’elemaln elehaelun’ehya ay’divtuvan oradilne;

Elehaelun Elemaln’ehya sioln maorakal myumiereyae.”

Last Rites

A ritual the dying or recently deceased, spoken over their form to bring peace and guidance to the departing Spirit.

Common

O' Mother, look upon me now.

See here that your gift of life has ended,

That his/her heart is still and his/her Spirit weary.

May you bring him/her to peace and slumber eternal.

O' Father, look upon me now.

See here that your gift of the hunt has ended,

That his/her voice is silent and his/her blood grows cold.

May you bring him/her to honour and strength undying. 

You have held this Spirit until the end,

And he/she now passes into the Balance.

Flesh to soil, blood to water, bone to dust.

Blessed be.

Elven

O' Haelun, y'kae oerneh suliera.

ito suliera, iyul nae'leh illern'taynan ethere,

Iyul divhiuw ito lae'leh/hae'leh taliiynan, divcerun'ehya ito hae'leh/lae'leh hiylun.

Oerneh nae ito hileia lae/hae myumiera, ciwn'ehya uell.  

O' Maln, y'kae oerneh suliera.

ito suliera iyul nae'leh illern'orran ethere,

Iyul leyun ito lae'leh/hae'leh iheiuhii, lae'leh/hae'leh ehya taliiynan feta lentera.

Oerneh nae ito Sirame lae/hae myumiera, cerun'ehya uell.    

nae iyl'hiylun, tenna eth, myumierala karinte,

lae'ehya/hae'ehya Meracahe narna.

taliyna ito nor, taliiyna ito vallei, tur ito malomii.

Ahernal ito.

Whispers of the Third

Though her name was crudely blasted across the realm of Almaris, upon the rise of the Mori, The Third remains a topic of private, quietened discussion. Such is the way to truly honour this figure, and thus any writings on her may only be found in the darkest corners of elven libraries, tucked away for the truly devoted to find.

The Three Tenets

After the schisms of the children of Malin, Irrin Sirame emerged to guide the faithful of Malin’s kin into the forests to adapt pure, natural lifestyles as the Aspects had originally intended. These elves and their Seeds would eventually bow to the guidance of the druidic dragaar Taynei’hiylu, a creature in direct service to the Aspects themselves, who became their prophet and dictated the three tenets of Aspectism.

I. Prayer and Offering

“Always worship the mother and father. Hold them dear to your heart. Have their names upon your lips when you experience fortune, and pray to them when you face suffering. Leave offerings, material or symbolic, before their sacred fire.”

The first tenet of Aspectism is that of worship to the Aspects themselves. Such worship not only honours the deities that created the natural realm, but also honours the memory of Malin himself, who held the Aspects in close reverence. 

Offerings are thus granted at Aspectist shrines; altars nestled beneath statues or depictions of the Lord and Lady with a burning brazier for sacrifice. Offerings are placed either within bowls of water or flames whilst prayers are spoken, seeking boons and blessings from the Mother and Father in times of need, or to show thankfulness with achievements.

II. Bodily Purity

“There exist powers pulled into this world from other plains. Taint not your body with these arcane corruptions, for the veil between the void and the Aspect’s realm is fragile. Taint not your body with the afflictions of the undead or the cursed, for their very nature defies the balance of the wild.”

During her address to the Aspectist Seeds, Taynei’hiylu delivered warnings against the arts of the Void, the Dark, and the Corrupt. She spoke of the disastrous effects it could have upon the world the Aspects had cultivated; that the veil between the mortal plane and the void, if permanently broken, could swallow up the world entirely.

Taynei’hiylu decreed that to be a true Aspectist is to abstain from the Void, the Dark, and the Corrupt. To do what is necessary to stop its spread upon the natural realm, and purge its taint and blight from the living. 

Bodily Purity is thus - to keep your soul and form pure of otherworldly taint, though some Aspectist Creeds take this ideal of purity even further.

III. Upholding the Balance

“Be you gentle like the Mother, or fierce like the Father, always remember that as an Aspectist, your duty is to the wild. Warriors, take up arms against that which threatens it. Healers, nurture it so it may run its natural course. Everyone must submit themselves to live with the ebb and flow of the cycle of life.”

To uphold the Balance is to live in reverence and respect of the natural world and its delicate ecosystems, though this service can be as simple or as grand as the Aspectist wishes. A more intense follower could actively hunt magicians of dark arts and the void, whilst others might simply take care in not over hunting or overfarming.

Aspectists must thus be consistently aware of how their actions may outwardly affect the world around them, both presently and for the coming future. They must respect the natural fauna and flora, and be accepting of death as it approaches, as is the natural course of life.

The Balance

The Balance of Nature

The balance of nature is most often described as a scale in which everything must be equally distributed at all times. When prey flourish, predators cull. When weeds grow, grass withers. When the light of the sun fades, the light of the moon emerges.

To describe this balance as a two-way scale, in regards to Cerridwen and Cernunnos being of life and death respectively, is an incorrect portrayal. In truth, such a balance is so consistently interwoven with the world around it that aiding or adjusting even one aspect could have unknown results on the surrounding realm. It would be more apt to compare the balance to a web, with each individual part adding to and affecting a variety of factors around it.

Thus, seeking to uphold and maintain the balance is not as simple as keeping everything as it is. The balance is everflowing, everchanging; pulsing akin to the tide. To uphold the balance is to be malleable and evolving, and to reflect this in one’s duties and understanding of the natural realm. Something that may have worked a decade ago may not have the same results in the modern day.

The Tayna

“Tayna. The soul of life. It is the living energy that contains all.”

The Tayna is the living energy that encompasses all natural, living entities. It exists within flora and fauna, connected and interwoven, and capable of being manipulated by the Aspects themselves. We see their work within the passage of this energy from a dying elk to the surrounding flora, nourishing and enriching the soil with new life and nutrients.

The Tayna, within Awaiti Sirame’s writings “The Scroll of the Tayna”, is said to be capable of being harmed just the same as any descendant—but also of healing, and growing. We see this occur in the cities that are constructed, which wound the earth through the extraction of minerals and resources, and the growth of flora as it overtakes those cities after they have been abandoned, creating new habitats and homes for a variety of fauna. 

Druids themselves, those attuned to the natural realm, are capable of glimpsing the Tayna through the art of Greensight. Such a gift grants them a vision of this pulsing, natural energy that flourishes where nature is abundant, and withdraws where natural, living matter cannot be found.

Taynei’hiylu

Taynei’hiylu, the Transcendent Druid and Dragaar of the Aspects, was the first to dictate the three tenets of Aspectism itself during the first Omentahu (gathering of the Seeds). 

When the Elven people split, and Irrin Sirame led the ‘ame into the firsts to resume the worship of the Aspects as Malin had originally intended, Taynei’hiylu walked among them in the form of a descendent. She sought to unify the various Seeds under one code of faith, bringing forth the three tenets that continue to serve to this day as the pillars of the Aspectist faith. 

She herself came into the service of the Aspects when she was rescued by them during a battle against Azdromoth himself, claimed by the earth and born anew as the Transcendant Druid. Currently, she slumbers within the Eternal Forest under the protection of the Aspects themselves, alongside the Demi-Aspect Owl and a handful of other elder druii.

[OOC]

If you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me a message via Discord - .amayonnaise.

hqloPamLM59bD_ypl81fQGcPcRbM10_mpLK_NBPMlreLwzaL01hPnJpVS_SlXB3sscaY7n8A5CdZGoh2wjnLs2KXOOeHh0XwpkvJA51q3sCkY0AE9TeDbxynisNGzIaTyxeXexy_rLKRkUUfOBqm9aY

Relevant Sub-Forums

Specific / Direct Links -

9kSjcIMWUaaCZp67ihyFRmmIsH9O8PwQMdYjtt5CCPkHL9K3kNi3PW-uMXVeekOTybynpIwt2PErW6fS8_oQ4jP1c991GkcmWRAC5OfdW-uoYXmPow3TFzo5F5_yTOw6Ktxn_3nCkGRzbyFjXmgjni8

Authors

Amayonnaise

ToffToffee

Proofreading & Advice

Vailoen

Drusus

Junoix

Sidmmvv