A LETTER TO THE ROYAL DUMA: ON THE MONOPOLISATION OF PAPER

Spoiler

main-qimg-dd0dd51fd7e40f3c62262ad16ff2b88d-lq.thumb.jpg.8e246e75ab3c933299e0de6f5d329065.jpg

Letter to the Royal Duma:

ON THE MONOPOLISATION OF PAPER

UG-3DAv5PPi9SnIiUU6jN1jEtiabWeSG731lX5Xk8d0etZEvR3Bp6vfHSnnr1izARCxG0WvD7RvW-vH678ZQC2GwQXQOHbPWcE37Q2jdVMz4QVgf1_PjCIuSjrDwJ94GC04L4vC-bz_3dIyMjYhoAWA

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG ELDERVIK,

In the pursuit of maintaining the sovereignty and integrity of our beloved nation, it has come to our attention that certain commodities, though seemingly innocuous, hold the potential to impact the stability and security of our realm. Chief among these is the trade in paper, a humble yet indispensable resource that forms the cornerstone of our administrative, cultural, and educational endeavours.

We propose legislation that restricts the sale of paper within Haense, reserving this vital commodity exclusively to the Crown and its council to cultivate and sell. This measure is not one of arbitrary control, but rather a safeguarding of our nation's interests and a strategic manoeuvre to ensure the responsible management of this resource for the benefit of all our citizens.

The rationale behind such legislation is multifaceted:

1. Security: Paper, in its various forms, often contains sensitive information vital to the functioning of our government and the protection of our citizens. By centralising its distribution under the auspices of the Crown and its council, we mitigate the risk of unauthorised access and safeguard against potential breaches of confidentiality.

2. Quality Assurance: By monopolising the sale of paper, we can establish and enforce rigorous quality standards, ensuring that all paper used within our borders meets the requisite criteria for durability, archival stability, and environmental sustainability. This not only enhances the efficacy of our administrative processes but also reflects our commitment to excellence in all facets of governance.

3. Economic Stability: By controlling the supply of paper, we can stabilise market fluctuations and prevent speculative practices that may lead to artificial scarcity or price gouging. This ensures that paper remains affordable and accessible to all sectors of society, thereby fostering economic equity and social cohesion.

4. Cultural Preservation: Paper is not merely a utilitarian commodity but a vessel for the preservation and transmission of our cultural heritage. By entrusting its distribution to the custodianship of the Crown and Its council, we affirm our commitment to preserving and promoting the rich tapestry of Haeseni culture for future generations.

In light of these considerations, we urge the Royal Duma to deliberate upon and enact legislation that formalises the exclusive right of the Crown and its council to sell paper within Haense. This measure, far from being a constraint on individual liberties, is a proactive step towards ensuring the prosperity, security, and cultural vitality of our nation.

IV JOVEO MAAN,

HER HIGHNESS, Stefaniya Barbanov-Bihar

THE MOST HONOURABLE, Henrik-Otto Ludovar, Margrave of Kvasz

JURASZ VE KOENGZ DUMA

R1P5tPWnIiHJR2Hge8bFZ27qFguhBPBqe1CQWlQ2V6V_5PjNXxsH5F6U9HnYIH8tUxAoHkGPrUFxd6-aZ9alCYnL3bbTroIt5sPLsN1TQ31yCdGnoNWGqU4VK3f6MmdInSTbs0eQ

“KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM.”

EA BYK ZWE ZANYOTSKER ZWEER EA TER PETRAVEZKER.

“I WOULD HAVE PERISHED HAD I NOT PERSISTED.”

INTRODUCTION

To protect the state of the treasury of the crown, this bill defines those who perform the wrongful act of selling paper within the nation of Haense to be thieves of the Crown.

Addition

Section VII.VIII will be added to the Haurul Caezk. It shall read:

Ch. VII. “Regarding theft, trespass, and general menace”

VII.VIII. Let he who wrongfully administers the distribution of paper upon Haeseni land be guilty of theft.

Introduced in Duma by Stefaniya Barbanov-Bihar and Henrik-Otto Ludovar in 529 E.S

"I am Henrik-Otto Ludovar, and I approve of this message." He'd say with a smirk.

Sigmund Ludovar seeing his papej signing on the missive, he'd nod in approval.
"Ai! I agree for this bill! And Ludovar shall stand upon this hill for it!"

The King's Cupbearer, Milena vas Ruthern, pondered upon the contents of that public letter in relation to that mysterious trunk of free parchment offered in the name of her family beside the city's aviary. As of yet, her ducal sister and their father had yet to uncover the individual responsible for its placement.

"Let us hope the trickster does niet get us into trouble before they're caught," The gloomy girl remarked to herself.

"I am Mikhail Colborn, and I approve of this message." He'd say with a smirk.

Petyr Baruch initially nodded in agreement, but after a moment of further thought, he shook his head and set the letter aside.

"A good idea in theory, but our people could take a five minute ride on horseback to the next city along instead, stock up on cheaper paper, and never have to buy from the crown again. It would likely end up with the Kingdom making a marginable profit. If anything, setting a minimum price would stop shops from undercutting us, and their peers. A better solution for all."

Later on in the day, the Baruch Heir nailed a poster next to the Aviary, illustrating a figure hoarding all of the country's paper:

𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖕 
𝕻𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗 
𝖋𝖔𝖗 
𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝕸𝖆𝖓

" bah, i have been selling paper for cheap for years, there should never be a forced monopol, it is up to the every man to earn his monopol. If the ware is not up to par, it wouldnt get sold, this is clearly yet another would be merchant that think they know best"

said Cesar, before going back to his stall to refill the paper stacks, marked for only 0.0,1  mina