Laurelin Vanguard - Recruiting!

Aerinyes

Overview:

Laurelin Vanguard is the official guard of Laurelin. The Vanguard is responsible for protecting Laurelin from outside threats.

The Vanguard is currently headquartered in the center of the Capitol city of Laurelin. High Prince Native constructed a barracks as a base of operations and supplies. It is expanding fast as more elves and allies flock to the defense of their homeland.

All races and walks of life are welcome in the Vanguard.

Rank and Structure:

High Prince - The current High Prince is the Commander-in-Chief of all forces (Vanguards, Wardens, and various other sects)

Prince/Princess - There is a designated Prince or Princess of Malinor that oversees the operation of domestic affairs that the Vanguard is responsible for.

Magistrate/Magistrix - Commands the Laurelin Vanguard. The Magistrate/Magistrix answers only to the Council and the High Prince.

Sylvan Warder - Assists and aids the Magistrate/Magistrix. Depending on the size of the Vanguard there could be 1 to 2 of these or more if it grows larger. The Sylvan Guardians take command when the Magistrate/Magistrix is absent, missing, or incapacitated.

Sentinel - These are the regular officers of the Vanguard. They manage the every day affairs of the Vanguard such as wages, personnel, materials, and equipment. These officers can manage and command small squads during time of crisis or war.

Watchman - The trainers, the standard of discipline, and the focus of the Vanguard. These brave guardsmen are veterans that imbue their knowledge into the newer members. They enforce the standards of the Vanguard and correctively retrain those members that stray. (Think Non-Commissioned Officer)

Guardian - Full fledged members and battle hardened elves of the Vanguard. These warriors possess great skill and courage and are ready to inflict the wrath of Malin's Children upon all that threaten Laurelin.

Scout - New recruits to the Vanguard. The bravest members of elven society, these new members of the Vanguard have taken up arms for the defense of their families, their culture, and their sacred homeland. Malin bless these courageous individuals.

Duties:

Laurelin Vanguard has a sacred duty to protect the city and its inhabitants from all dangers to the city of Laurelin. We will offer protection and aid to any that require it. In a time of crisis, war, or invasion, it is the duty of the Vanguard to quickly respond to the threat and hold it until reinforced by the Wardens and other sects of the Elven Military.

The Vanguard acts as a city guard for the Holy City of Laurelin. Arrests can be made by Vanguard members against those that commit criminal acts or profanely cause disorder in the city. These individuals will be confined in the barracks until a Prince or Princess of Malinor, or one of their representatives can recommend sentencing. They will then be transported to the Prison in the southern part of the city.

The Vanguard can also serve as a reserve component to the Wardens and our Allied Militaries.

Vanguard Creed:

vanguardcreed.png

Regulations:

Insubordination - This is defined as directly violating a valid order of a superior. This includes failure to obey a valid order, and dereliction of duty. Depending on the order violated or ignored, this could result in demotion, extra-labor, or removal from the Vanguard.

Assault - Striking a member of the Vanguard, an innocent Citizen of Malinor, or an innocent visitor of another nation is considered Assault. Depending on the severity, such as if weapons were used or not, if lethal intent was involved, or the station of the victim (citizen, officer, or nobility). Punishment could result in demotion, extra-labor, removal from the Vanguard, as well as any civil punishments the Elven Council may decide in addition.

Undead are not considered innocent and should be treated as monsters.*

Theft and Wrongful Appropriation - Stealing anything from the Vanguard, member of the Vanguard, or anyone else is not permitted. The Vanguard does not harbor thieves and brigands. Punishments can involve demotion, extra-labor, or removal from the Vanguard.

Spoils taken from the enemy in time of war will be property of the Vanguard to be distributed as a senior officer, Grand Highborn or High Prince sees fit.

Harassment - At no point will a Vanguard search, seize, or question an individual without their consent. The children of Malinor will enjoy the rights of freedom. Only by the orders of the Council (High Prince and Princess/ess) will we detain anyone for questioning or confinement. Malinor will NOT live under a tyrannical rule. Punishments include demotions, extra-labor, or removal from the Vanguard depending on the severity of the offense.

General Article - All disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the Vanguard. This includes bringing discredit to the Vanguard, as well as civil crimes within Laurelin. Punishment depends on the severity of the offense.

Punishments:

Demotion - Includes being dropped by one, more, or all grades, depending on the severity of the offense.

Extra Labor - Involves completing tasks such as gathering materials for the Vanguard IN ADDITION to their normal duties. The task will depend on the severity of the offense.

Removal from the Vanguard - Permanent removal from the Vanguard. Grave offenses may incur this.

Confinement - Serious offenses can result in confinement. Usually accomanied by other punishments (removal, extra labor, ect.).

OOC Information:

All rules of LotC will be strictly adhered to in the Vanguard. Being in the Vanguard involves much Role-Play, rather then just fighting. We accept many individuals, even non-combatants to help with the efforts, as maintaining a military is a large affair.

* "Undead are not consider innocent and should be treated as monsters"

This does NOT give you the right to No-RP Kill. You must still enter a dialogue with the player before attacking or engaging in hostile actions. They are players too and will be treated with the respect and dignity that they deserve.

During war, city defense, or other such events, Vanguard members should prefix their names with LV_ as this will help identify them in large scale RP events. Officers (Sentinels, Sylvan Warders, and the Magistrate/Magistrix will display their rank instead).

Promotions are based on Role-playing ability as well as seniority to a lesser degree. Being the best fighter will not get you rank as fast as showing an ability in Leadership both ICly and OOCly.

Finally, being a Laurelin Vanguard means you are here to RP, not merely kill stuff. There's been a constant problem with replying OOCly to IC speech. This will stop. Make sure you know the difference between IC and OOC speech and respond accordingly. Ideally I'd like to see OOC speech in the RP channel cut to a minimum. /t is acceptable for OOC as long as you indicate it is RP.

Since you all have approved server applications I'm expecting one of a few things:

1. Have a clear understanding of the English language. And can form coherent sentences.

2. Have a clear understanding of Role-play. Know how to respond ICly to IC speech and OOCly to OOC speech.

3. Know the Rules of Roleplay. We haven't had a problem with this, but I absolutely do not wish to see Metagaming, Powergaming, or Mary Sueing. If you don't know what those things are, you shouldn't have a server app, much less a guild app.

4. Know the lore of Aegis to a basic degree. Dark elves are not drow, orcs are not Greenskins from Warhammer.

Also know this, you will be functioning as a guard of Laurelin for the most part. This means the standard of RP is a bit higher then normal for the server. You will be given a certain level of authority to enforce IC laws. Because of this the Vanguard will only accept quality RPers. To give you an idea of how strict this standard is, I've personally been Role-playing in an online environment for the last eleven years. (Please put "Malin's Blessing" after the Vanguard Creed to show you've read this) I don't expect everyone to have the same experience as I do, but if LotC is your first RP experience, I don't recommend applying.

Application:

To join the Laurelin Vanguard we need some information about you. The IC section will be as if your character is writing it, this will be the application your character is submitting themselves, so answer accordingly.

OOC:

MCName: (Case sensitive)

Forum Name: (Case sensitive, this should match what you're posting as)

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT, such as EST being -5 GMT)

Time spent weekly on LotC: (Be honest!)

Method of contact: (email, Forum PM, ect, but please no social networking, or instant messenger, if you don't wish to disclose email and Forum PM is not available, put /t)

Guild Experience: (List guilds in LotC only)

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? (This could be in other games as well)

In Character: (Everything following is as if your character is writing it)

Character Name: (name as it appears ingame, case sensitive)

Race:

Combat Experience:

Other Skills: (Blacksmithing, Forestry, ect.)

Short Bio: (Explaining why your character wishes to join, what they expect out of the Vanguard, and what they intend to do for the Vanguard)

Recite the Vanguard Creed: (Copy and Paste won't work :evil: , don't worry its, short.. but you'd know that if you read the post)

Copy and paste this into your reply and fill in what is needed. Make it look neat and tidy so we can read it! Not using this format risks your application being skipped.

[u][b]OOC:[/b][/u]

[b]MCName:[/b]

[b]Forum Name:[/b]

[b]Timezone:[/b] 

[b]Time spent weekly on LotC:[/b]

[b]Method of contact:[/b]

[b]Guild Experience:[/b]

[b]What is your Roleplay Experience?[/b]

[u][b]In Character:[/b][/u]

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Combat Experience:[/b]

[b]Other Skills:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Recite the Vanguard Creed:[/b]

Edited:

December 18th, 2011 - Updated Application Section.

December 12th, 2011 - Updated OOC Information.

December 10th, 2011 - Updated Application Section.

December 5th, 2011 - Updated Duties and Ranks and Structure.

December 1st, 2011 - Updated OOC Information.

Ebs approves this message.

Question: how will my position as engineer fit into the guard? Do I need to apply?

though I'm a warden I would still like to help lauerlin not as a vanguard but as backup

by the way if you need one to be like a quartermaster to organizeing the storage (armor, wood, food all that stuff), making sure the soldiers get food and weapons in times of war and all that cinda stuff thats where my skills are useful send me a letter if you want my help

Warden gladeguard Lenson

Question: how will my position as engineer fit into the guard? Do I need to apply?

Yes go ahead and apply if you would. Indicate you are an engineer in the Other Skills section.

though I'm a warden I would still like to help lauerlin not as a vanguard but as backup

by the way if you need one to be like a quartermaster to organizeing the storage (armor, wood, food all that stuff), making sure the soldiers get food and weapons in times of war and all that cinda stuff thats where my skills are useful send me a letter if you want my help

Warden gladeguard Lenson

Its my understanding that the Wardens will help augment the Vanguard if needed and vice versa. I'd prefer for a Sentinel or Sylvan Warder to manage as a quartermaster, but if personnel seems a bit short, then I might need your services.

OOC:

MCName: BestTurtle1

Forum Name: BestTurtle1

Timezone: (In Relation to GMT)Central Time Zone

Time spent weekly on LotC: at least an hour a day so 7 hours a week.

Method of contact: (email, Forum PM, ect, but please no social networking, or instant messenger, if you don't wish to disclose email and Forum FM is not available, put /t)

Fourm PM me

Guild Experience:None

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? I have helped the oren military a bit but have never been in the military

In Character:

Character Name: Dalmin

Race: Elf

Combat Experience: Swords and Bows put preferably bows

Other Skills: (Blacksmithing, Forestry, ect.) Farming

Short Bio: (Explaining why your character wishes to join)

I wish to protect the elves and all allies. I have wanted to join the elven military ever since I found out I could. I would also make Laurelin a safer place.

Recite the Vanguard Creed: (Copy and Paste won't work , don't worry its, short.. but you'd know that if you read the post)

I will always protect Malinor.

I will never except defeat.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear.

OOC:

MCName: Jon021

Forum Name: Jon021

Timezone: Gmt-5(I need to check, and if this is wrong, I'll change it)

Time spent weekly on LotC: 10-15 hours(may change depending on school workload)

Method of contact: forum pms work well for me

Guild Experience: next to none. I started the Yosawas

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any?

I was a seargent in the Oren Guard and a Lieutenent and Captain of the Alstion Guard

In Character:

Character Name: Jon Evaglno

Combat Experience: I served in two human militaries. ((My sword skill is about 60, if that's what you're asking))

Other Skills: engineering

Short Bio: Jon Evaglno wishes to join the Vanguards because he feels that it was his fault that Alstion fell. He does not want the same thing to happen to Malinor and will use his machines to ensure that it doesn't.

Recite the Vanguard Creed:

((Can't copy and paste? Challenge accepted.))

vanguardcreed.png

OOC:

MCName: Mr_SneakyFace

Forum Name: Ergent Seth

Timezone: GMT - 8

Time spent weekly on LotC: 3-4 hours a day, minimum, time permitting.

Method of contact: Preferably through forum PM

Guild Experience: Not much, never been in a guild in LOTC.

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? I role play fairly well, I'm also a registered villain too. As for in a military or guard, I have never been in either.

In Character:

Character Name: Seth Harken/Ergent Seth

Combat Experience: I'm extremely proficient with the sword. My fighting style is not as organized, as a martial art, but it's still deadly. I have little to no use for a bow.

Other Skills: I am half decent with lumberjacking, and I could cook a bit. I also play the lute, although that may serve no purpose to our cause.

Short Bio: I wish to join, in order to find a place to serve. Seth was created in order to be a servant of something, ANYTHING. He needs a place to follow, some place where he can protect and serve, otherwise we would lose himself in the process. He needs a purpose in order to go with his life, or else, his own mind will consume him.

I will never quit.

MCName:Brinjolf

Forum Name:Igor_Pastukhov

Timezone:GMT+6

Time spent weekly on LotC:every day, three-five hours a day.

Method of contact:skype:pastuh0ff vk.com/pastuh0ff

Guild Experience:None(

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any? I am very good in RP, I can do a guard's duty well.

In Character:

Character Name:Brinjolf_The_Fast

Race:Elf

Combat Experience:I can kill Enderman or even Pigman without harming myself

Other Skills:Lumberjack-35 Swords-15 Farming 6, Mining 4, Wrestling 15, Excavation 24.

Short Bio: Was born in Laurin, In a farmer's family. He didn't enjoy the farmery, but he really loved swords. Once, when he was 15 he saved the women from five zombies without any weapon, and he decided, that he really needs to be a guard.

I will never quit.

OOC:

MCName: Blackdragonhole

Forum Name: Dragel

Timezone: Eastern Time United States

Time spent weekly on LotC: Tuesday through Sunday mostly.

Method of contact: (Use my skype account,) (My Email is not safe for Certain reasons)

Guild Experience: (Used to be in other Guilds in another Online game where it was always constant war and no Roleplay unless Roleplay was Authorized in a Certain Server.)

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any?: Ask "Oi what is your business here sir/Ma'am" Another is "Sir/Ma'am your going to have come with me" Also "Halt!" and etc...

In Character:

Character Name: Dedicant_Dragel(Part of the druidic order for now) (Old name was just Dragel)

Race: Elf (From the Village of Klah which is now a wasteland)

Combat Experience: (Fought many from the Simple zombie to a Orc) (One time killed a Undead and got his staff.)

Other Skills: (Swordmanship and Archery)

Short Bio: "After the Last Couple of undead attacks from Al'Karazar to Galahar I begin to think that this place was the Freedom I sought it would be... Instead I see that this world might become a wasteland as well... But me wish for not that to happen... I wont let it fall as like 'Klah' did..."

"I will always protect Malinor.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

So help the grace of Malin, I swear it."

Other Information: Im still looking into this. I'm still thinking about this but I may leave the Druidic order and join the Vangaurd... Not for sure right now my choice will be made sooner or later.

MCName:megajosh20

Forum Name:lightningwolf200

Timezone: cst, gmt -6:00

Time spent weekly on LotC: most everyday for about two-one hour

Method of contact:you can email me at [email protected], i have teamspeak to and you pm on the fourm

Guild Experience: was a warden waywacther then quit

What is your Roleplay Experience? In a military/guard if any?

Character Name: Zemdos

Race:elf

Combat Experience: i have been in fight in special event before and i was in some wars as a warden.

Other Skills: blacksmith,swordsmanship,miner

Short Bio: zemdoz want to help his poeple and protect Laurelin.this is his chance to show to his father that he can be someone and make him proud.

I will never accept defeat.

i will never quit.

so help the grace of Malin, I swear it.

Looks like many an elf wants to help protect the Princedom of Malinor, our home. I salute you for stepping up for the betterment and safety of our people.