The Mountaintamers

Ever

THE MOUNTAINTAMERS

20120107162726.png

[uNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Who are they?

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THIS THREAD:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/41055-thread-under-construction/ I AM PLANNING TO FINISH THE LORE UP WITHIN' A WEAK OR SO.

Their existence has always been debated. Very few people had ever met a Mountaintamer, and only one has ever lived among them, a scribe by the name Of Arnet Montour. Arnet was said to have stayed with the Mountaintamers on their sacred mountains, living and working alongside them for many years. There he compiled a lexicon, detailing all that could be learned from the tribal people. But the fate of Arnet and his book are not a mystery; both perished alongside Al'khazar.

In the past few years, more and more of these Mountaintamers have left their sacred mountains to travel the land in search of adventure, and of course, a mountain of their own to tame. They are quite the sight to see, standing anywhere from six to eight feet tall. Like an Orc, they generally have one to two tusks and sometimes pale, green skin. Their human blood, though, gives them a fair complexion.

A unique culture has developed among the Mountaintamers after having been cut off from society for so long. They choose to worship the animal Spirits - Bird, Boar, Bull, and Wolf - and the heavens. According to them, the stars are Aenguls and Daemon, placed into the sky by the Great One, the sun. The moon was a star, said to have fallen from its place among the heavens.

The Mountaintamers speak a language not unlike the other races, though it seems to have been influenced by their Orc father.

Language

[i drew all of the language from >Esperanto<, for the most part. I couldn't develop a language without feeling like I was being influenced by too many other sources. Esperanto is perfect for a few words and phrases here and there.]

Jaw - You

Salu - Hi, Hello

Dankon - Thanks, Thank you

Ne - No

Jes - Yes

Fire - Cook

Stulta - Stupid

Tent - House, Home, Building

Or - Orc

Hume, little one - Human

Quick one - Elf

Kial - Why?

Kiu - Who?

Kiam - When?

[Will be adding more words and phrases along the way.]

Their History

The creation of Aegis, as told by the great Mountaintamer storytellers.

In the time before time, when only darkness existed, The Great One was the blacksmith of Aegis, molding the land and giving it shape. Needing someone to inhabit his land, he shaped two beings from the earth, Father Or and Mother Hume. Father Or stood sturdy and strong, his skin the color of fresh grass. Mother Hume was dainty and pale, but very compassionate and loving. The Great One loved Father and Mother, blessing them with many sons.

The Great One watched over them as a great light in the sky. To help guide Father and Mother, The Great One placed in the heavens a multitude of Aengul and Daemon. He placed them in such a way that they would teach any who devote themselves to learning their intricate patterns. To keep Father and Mother's descendants company, The Great One formed from the earth the Spirits: Wolf, Bird, Boar, and Bull. All were happy in this, and they worked and laughed and played under The Great One's watch.

And it came to pass that a star fell from its place. This star was a Daemon, whom we call The Dark One. The Dark One fell close to the land and became the Moon, shrouding the land in darkness. And in this darkness, evil arose. Foul beasts tainted the land, and The Great One's light was not seen. Father Or crafted a great sword with Boar and Bull's help. Wolf called out to Moon, distracting him while Father Or flew on Bird's wings. He flew so high as to talk to Moon, and they talked of many things. Moon would not, however, allow The Great One's light to be seen on the lands. So Father Or fought with Moon for many years, neither able to best the other. It was with Wolf's help that Father Or was finally able to defeat Moon, cutting him in half, straight down the center. Moon is not dead, though. He returns every night to do battle with the sons and daughters of Or, never able to defeat them.

But Moon is not one to be feared. He teaches much, allowing the many Aengul and Daemon to shine bright during his nocturnal reign. Father Or realized this, and allowed Moon to shine bright for many days. In this time, Or and Hume, along with their many children and the Spirits, formed the many mountains found in Aegis. They lived on the peaks of these mountains, close to the heavenly host so that they could study them and learn of their words. And Moon and Or continued to fight, Wolf and the other spirits continuing to aid Or that he might vanquish Moon each night, allowing The Great One's light to bathe the world once more.

Many years passed, and Father Or and Mother Hume joined The Great One in the sky, among the sparkling Aengul and Daemon. There Father Or and his children fight Moon each night while Mother Hume attends to their injuries. Just like Or, we too shall succumb to the Long Sleep, taking our place among Father's ranks to fight against Moon.

Reserved

Reserved

Also, god damn it Philip, that was fast.

Good thing I only wanted two reserves. Yer an asshat :P.

I'ma throw you off a cliff once the server comes back up.

Posts even though she didn't say so. Oh, and I'm a Ninja 'N' ****.

Edit : Come at me Brosive!

comeatmebroq.jpg

Well for 1. Bookmarking and +1.

Secondly, I cant wait to RP with the mountaintamers. Hope I can get Honored so I can hang with them and not be one. :P

Well for 1. Bookmarking and +1.

Secondly, I cant wait to RP with the mountaintamers. Hope I can get Honored so I can hang with them and not be one. :P

This^ The Mountaintamers are one of the coolest guilds/races I've seen so far, right up there with Dwarves and Golems.

<--- Totally naming his mountaintamer Char Tyuir.

A nice little secluded mountain home to conduct my experiments....excellent.

Is ANYONE actually planning on becoming a Mountaintamer? I am getting lonely!

Clan lore/ type of Mountaintamer idea

The Kuhoorl’Gak

These mountaintamers mostly live in hot mountains, usually near deserts, for the blood of Father prevails in them. Their dark skin allows them to survive the harshness of the Sun during the day, so they worship Moon, for the night is much more pleasant then the day. However, even though they enjoy the chilly nights, they are not used to extreme winters of the cold and snowy mountains that the Allhurin live in. They are much taller then the Allhurin, but they are not nearly intelligent as their brothers of snow. Very few can even master Runespeaking , because of their lack of intelligence and naturally and genetically chosen development of strength in body, rather then wit. Kuhoorl’Gak are much more agrresive, although once you are recognised as a friend they will put themselves in mortal danger to help you. They love food and ale. Living closer to the Aegieans then their light skined brethren, they are less ignorant of Iblees, Aemon, Daemon and other things that their issolated brothers have never heard of. Of course, they do not believe in the existance of such beings, but worship the Spirits, as all Mountaintamers do.

Allhurin

These mountaintamers live in far away snowy mountains, away from any civilization. Due to their spending time in such harsh conditions, Allhorn have blue eyes, capable of resisting being blinded by the bright shine of the Sun against the snow. Mostly, they have blond or red hair. Shorter then the Kuhoorl’Gak, they lack their amazing strength, but they are clever and can easily master Runespeaking. Less open to civilization, they are ignorant of Aegian legends of Aemon and Daemon, Iblees, ect.. They differ to their brethren much, for they are much faster and are able to use a bow and arrow. The blood of Mother prevails in them. Sun is rare in their snowy mountains, and wheat is almost impossible to grow in those conditions. They worshup the Sun more, for it is rare, and it is a blessing. Reading is something that could be introduced to them, for they would be fairly interested in learning new things about the world, as their genes made them naturally a curious and joyfull kin. Much like their brethren they love food and ale, but a song is something that is fairly common with the Allhurin, whilst being rare amongst their dark skinned kinsmen.

Hope you liked this rough sketch!

Yes. I hope you do.

Is ANYONE actually planning on becoming a Mountaintamer? I am getting lonely!

I don't plan on becoming one, but perhaps I could go there as I am exiled by all those who see me... Would I be welcome?

I don't plan on becoming one, but perhaps I could go there as I am exiled by all those who see me... Would I be welcome?

As long as they come with peaceful intentions and kind words on your tongue, all will be welcomed.

As a side note, this project is set on hold while I scrounge up minas/look for a suitable mountain range.

((2a, possibly 2b/3. Iblees is symbolized as the moon. Some choose to worship the Moon alongside the spirits. These Mountaintamers are generally rabid, driven somewhat insane by Iblees. 2a is for protecting their home or roughing up some unwanted visitors. ))