The Dark Brotherhood

Lawrence Berell

By all form of power invested in me by the Patronus Negotii I grant you the single opportunity of initiate. Fail this chance and gaining a second one will not be easy.

If all have nothing left to say I extend the chance, officially to Ragnar. Any who have issue with this may speak now or will have spoken too late. The orc will be contacted and brought to a designated location where his life among the Sicarius shall begin.

Expect to hear from a Brother soon.

((We'll have someone set a meeting up with you through pms.

Anyone have nothing to do?))

((Alright i might be on tomorrow not sure. If i am it will be late probably around 10pm? Or later. Let me know if you want me to contact you on the forums when i will be on.))

((Alright i might be on tomorrow not sure. If i am it will be late probably around 10pm? Or later. Let me know if you want me to contact you on the forums when i will be on.))

((If you make your way to Hanseti, we can meet you faster.))

*Raven dipped in sheep blood, flies by major cities of Asulon, carying note*

"Jullius, Bowshire. Heart cut off.

10 diamonds.

Big G. (( Amanlu ))

Gwuud."

(( If it's non rp as i wrote my letter here, just say me, and i will remove it. ))

Brothers and initiates alike, soon we shall have much work available. Promotions shall be common to all that stand below the rank of Magni Sicarius. Those that participate in this string of assassinations and missions shall be rewarded with not only glory and position but other rewards as well.

If you seek advancement in our ranks, find me or report to our main location. There I shall brief all that wish to take apart in this. If you decide not to attend these missions, I shall not hold it against you but know that I will be hesitant to pass along jobs your way in the future.

Any questions should be aimed at me, I will try to answer any quickly. I write little up here due to spies and enemy informants. So good day to all of you and may death forever be a step behind you.

((For now, this thread is the primary destination. If (or when) we change, there will be a final redirecting post. And yes, we are still recruiting. Just a brief period of inactivity to give the higher members an opportunity to work on school finals and the like.

If you're interested in joining, post the app and I'll personally approve or reject it. Saying something like "Good luck" would make it seem like I doubted your ability (not true, I haven't judged you yet) but still, good luck. ))

Name ((MC)): POTATO3

Name ((IG)): Muryo

Real Life Age: 17

(sub)Race: Human

Combat experience: Fought in multiple battles and wars for the Wolverines and gotten into plenty of fights in the wilds, almost all of which were won.

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum)

Directly taken from my VA:

Well, here I am. Another rotten soul waiting for the day when Asulon meets the same fate as Aegis had. Just another one of those scumbags that I once despised. My parents were never around to teach me better, and the only person who cared for my well being was murdered before my eyes when I was only 10 years old. I hid behind a ditch as I endured my only friend's cries for mercy. Ever since, it has been almost impossible finding people that I could trust, and have only managed to make a handful of 'friends'. I left the criminal infested village the day that my friend died, and have tried to make a living without interfering too much in other people's lives for the past 9 years or so. It was hard, and seemed impossible at times, but I used to overcome that. However these 9 years of being a pathetic rogue who begs for bread every once in a while have changed a lot about me.

After I left my village and was completely alone for the first time, life was tough. I could not wield a sword as good as I had thought, and was too young to find a decent job. Therefore, food was rare and shelter was impossible. I would travel around from city to city, nation to nation, grabbing up whatever I could from wild animals and weak monsters. Everything that I didn't need would be traded for small portions of food and fresh water. Nature was my home. That and free farms. I loved free farms so much, mainly because the people there were just as worthless as me. I almost felt superior at times. Yet at night, when I lay down in other people's tents, or in monster infested caves, I would remember how pathetic I was.

Eventually, after having to protect myself from dangerous creatures for so long, I started to become somewhat skilled with my rusty old blade. I was finally able to start hunting certain creatures that would previously had killed me in a heartbeat. I also made a fishing rod using the remains of my left over junk and managed to catch food for myself. I hated fish, but it ended my hunger and eventually I became quite healthy. After about 8 years of living like this, I finally met someone who helped me out and assisted me as I helped him. His name was Wesley and he is my comrade. I saved his life from a couple of giant spiders once and he re payed me with a huge bundle of wheat. He mentioned how he was a traveler with no specific destination and how much he needed someone like me to protect him, and I knew I could use a farmer to fetch me some food, so we decided to travel together. Eventually, I had made a few more comrades who helped me as I helped them during our travels throughout Asulon.

It was after about a year when we came up to the giant gate that leads to Hanseti. We were in need of work and ended up becoming grunts for the Wolverines at that gate. We each protected the gate to the best of our abilities, and supplied our leaders with resources in return for food, armor, tools, weapons, and shelter. It was going fine for those first few weeks and I was even promoted a couple of times. It was then that I believe I changed. I was becoming strong, and wasn't hungry anymore. I was actually pretty wealthy and felt like an entirely new person. I didn't have to be afraid of anyone any longer, nor did I have to think carefully of what I should do next. I had power and whether I was a Wolverine or not, I had become strong. I can do as I please and not have to worry about someone not feeding me. I no longer knew the meaning of restraint and felt like it was my turn to enjoy my life. I have faced death in the eyes many times, and I have been betrayed by people that I thought I could trust. I've had to fend for myself for most of this time and I've had to get down on my knees and beg for a small meal. All of this showed me how cruel people are, and helped me understand how joyful life can be if you let go of fear, guilt, regret, and all other useless feelings. I have now learned how to embrace who I am and to stop thinking of myself as a 'good' person. The truth of the matter is that I'm not. I've become one of them, and I'm okay with it.

Would you consider being a spy?: I have never considered it before, and have absolutely no experience in the field, however may look into it if persuaded.

Past military experience: I've been soldier for the Wolverines for the past 5 or so years and have fought countless battles, ranging from short 1 on 1 encounters, to massive wars and have almost always been a successful fighter.

Past criminal experience: I've robbed a couple people before, yet I mostly do it to provoke a fight. Needless to say I've gotten into many of those and have killed several people.

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc): I'm a master miner, but prefer to do jobs that consist of me using my blade.

Useful, Non-military Skills: Best miner I know.

What have you heard of us IC? Nothing more than the casual whispers of the commonly mentioned Dark Brotherhood. Rarely anything precise.

What have you heard of us OOC? A couple of friends have mentioned this group, yet the information isn't in-depth. Of course, the forums explain pretty much everything that concerns the lore, motives and jobs.

What skill level do you currently hold on the following? Note, to rank past Neopyhte a skill requirement of 40 is required in one of these fields.

Swords: 100

Axemastery:

Archery:

Wrestling: 30

Preferred weapon: Sword

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required) Evils 1, 2a and 2b http://www.lordofthe...__1#entry363856

Are you wanted in any countries? Not that I'm aware of.

Why do you want to join?: I want to be part of a group that could put my skills to use. I'm aware that you handle things in a different manner than myself, but am willing to learn your ways and become an even more dangerous person.

Define powergaming thoroughly: Powergaming is acting through means that are unrealistic in roleplay. An example of this could be untying your hands after someone has restricted them, or running at the speed of light, disregarding the laws of physics while wearing a full suit of armor.

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC? I would have no purpose to do so. The reason for me joining would be for the chance of becoming stronger and putting my skills to use, I wouldn't risk it by being an idiot.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary. No, I wouldn't.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion? Yup.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath. Yeah.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood? Only if it would be to prove that a job has been done, or to help me during situations like being filed for a ban report.

Name ((MC)): POTATO3

Name ((IG)): Muryo

After examining your biography and answers, I feel that your particular skills would significantly add to Brotherhood. Judgement has been passed as of now but I shall refrain from accepting your application just yet. During this brief period, any Brother who sees you as unfit may say so. Failure to mention any negatives shall be seen as agreement and then you will be admitted into our ranks as a initiate. Well done.

Enough time has passed. The silence of the Brothers shall be acknowledged as the support and affirmation of the newest member at this time. The Human known as Muryo shall be offered the opportunity to prove his worth to the Council and, in doing so, be given a permanent seat among the Brothers.

I, drawing upon the power invested in me, grant Muryo the rank of Initiate.

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

If you seek to advance this rank and fully join the Brotherhood, meet with a Brother and they will lead you to the place in which you may begin proving yourself. A letter or a meeting between you and I can accomplish this.

*At least a year has passed since any of the brothers have seen Jistuma. Not a soul of the brothers now what has happened, know what became of Jistuma. If he has betrayed the brotherhood, if he has fleed, if he was killed, nothing is knowned."

((Jistuma has died. It was fun being a part of the brotherhood.))

((Sad to see you go, Jist. Good luck in future endeavors. ))

Name ((MC)): Archmage_Cataris

Name ((IG)): Monk_Pasang

Combat experience: Legendary Wrestler.

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum)

Pasang Tashi grew up within a small nomad tribe of monks. Each practicing the different aspects of life, whether it be warfare, combat, medicinal or otherwise. All the nomads were taught the religion of Om'echan and are very zealous of their religion. Pasang Tashi believes in peace, prosperity and balance. He believes that peace, prosperity and balance can be brought through violence and death. He wishes to fulfill the deeds of Khali-Shi and Ka-Hooli, hunting down the damned and sending them onto the Howler After Fugitives and the Drawer of Nets.

He prefers to not use what he views as barbaric weapons, that being blades, rather his own body as his weapon, or that of his quarterstaff as an extension of himself. He has been known to use sticks of dynamite as a throwing weapon. His happy, humble demeanor proves to be a deadly weapon upon those whom he deem as damned, using this disguise to get in close, as a simple monk, before striking out with deadly force at his targets throat with his palm, before ending the poor sods life.

Would you consider being a spy?: Yes.

Past military experience: None.

Past criminal experience: None.

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc): Healer.

Useful, Non-military Skills: Miner, Smith, Healer.

What have you heard of us IC? Nothing.

What have you heard of us OOC? A lot, mostly that you are low on numbers and mostly inactive.

What skill level do you currently hold on the following? Note, to rank past Neopyhte a skill requirement of 40 is required in one of these fields.

Swords: 0

Axemastery: 0

Archery: 0

Wrestling: 100

Preferred weapon: Hands/Feet, Quarterstaff or sticks of dynamite.

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required): I am on the VAT, I do not have a VA written out for this character.

Are you wanted in any countries?: No.

Why do you want to join?: Khali-Shi and Ka-Hooli demand the souls of the damned, I do as I bid to please my Gods, simple and precise.

Define powergaming thoroughly: Powergaming can be widely expressed. It can be expressed as an unrealistically powerful or unfair character, or the act of an unrealistic/unfair move without the compromise for dodging/counterattack or otherwise. It may be the action of avoiding an RP scenario for your own advantage or other reasons. It may be unrealistic or unfair way of avoiding an attack, such as being stabbed in the back whilst your not looking and somehow dodging it/counterattacking.

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC? No.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary. Never.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion? Yes.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath. Yes.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood? Yes.

Combat experience: Legendary Wrestler.

Pasang Tashi grew up within a small nomad tribe of monks. Each practicing the different aspects of life, whether it be warfare, combat, medicinal or otherwise. All the nomads were taught the religion of Om'echan and are very zealous of their religion. Pasang Tashi believes in peace, prosperity and balance. He believes that peace, prosperity and balance can be brought through violence and death. He wishes to fulfill the deeds of Khali-Shi and Ka-Hooli, hunting down the damned and sending them onto the Howler After Fugitives and the Drawer of Nets.

He prefers to not use what he views as barbaric weapons, that being blades, rather his own body as his weapon, or that of his quarterstaff as an extension of himself. He has been known to use sticks of dynamite as a throwing weapon. His happy, humble demeanor proves to be a deadly weapon upon those whom he deem as damned, using this disguise to get in close, as a simple monk, before striking out with deadly force at his targets throat with his palm, before ending the poor sods life.

Would you consider being a spy?: Yes.

Past military experience: None.

Past criminal experience: None.

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc): Healer.

Useful, Non-military Skills: Miner, Smith, Healer.

What have you heard of us IC? Nothing.

What have you heard of us OOC? A lot, mostly that you are low on numbers and mostly inactive.

Swords: 0

Axemastery: 0

Archery: 0

Wrestling: 100

Preferred weapon: Hands/Feet, Quarterstaff or sticks of dynamite.

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required): I am on the VAT, I do not have a VA written out for this character.

Are you wanted in any countries?: No.

Why do you want to join?: Khali-Shi and Ka-Hooli demand the souls of the damned, I do as I bid to please my Gods, simple and precise.

Define powergaming thoroughly: Powergaming can be widely expressed. It can be expressed as an unrealistically powerful or unfair character, or the act of an unrealistic/unfair move without the compromise for dodging/counterattack or otherwise. It may be the action of avoiding an RP scenario for your own advantage or other reasons. It may be unrealistic or unfair way of avoiding an attack, such as being stabbed in the back whilst your not looking and somehow dodging it/counterattacking.

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC? No.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary. Never.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion? Yes.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath. Yes.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood? Yes.

The scores of dead we have left in our path through history may not agree with us on many things, but this I feel even they would think a worthy addition to our ranks. While the council deliberates, I can only offer this to you, young hopeful...

You have my blessing.

Your skills, our fraternitatis is in need of such abilities. You will find us heathens by all accounts but we will offer a monk of religious standing the chance to enter into our circle of Brothers.

As I seem to be the only one who speaks for the counsel in matters such as these, I extend the opportunity of Brotherhood to you, young man. Accept this offer and I, or maybe another Brother, shall meet with you. Welcome.