[Complete] The First Asulon Healer Hall

Asulon's First Healer Hall....An Event Proposal

Event Planners/MC Names

Nimshae Annamea Najade and Devarent (Nimshae_Moonwind and Bobspoons)

Event Type:

The first ever Healer Hall for Asulon, this would be a permanent “world” role play area that would be open to all inhabitants of Asulon to use as either a patient or a healer. Efforts have been made to make this area as open as possible for the general public so even if “the original” event planners are not online, that people can still use the premises as either a healer or a patient.

Event Date:

As soon as we have the go ahead, and a location is agreed we will set forth on building and constructing. If this is via creative mode it will be probably under a week, if not then obviously it will take us time to gather the materials and build through legitimate means using game mechanics. However either way we will put an in character notice on the forums as it nears completion.

Factions and Nations Affected by the event.

This will be open to all of Asulon, I have gone to great pains to write a Hippocratic oath that echo’s the real world practices of medicine, and their insistence that all sentient beings should have the right to treatment and comfort while sick. It is my wish the Healers show no prejudice or racism to anyone in this regard, and should you need our help, then it will be gladly given.

Event Location

I have spoken with Roze and Lirinya as to the viability of having this close to the Asulon Markets on a specially crafted area of Oasis in the deserts. This is for the same reason that they chose their location. It’s in a central easily accessible area for everyone to make use of, and thus to greatly promote role play interaction.

Summary

The Healers Of Asulon....

The moon shone brightly down upon the dense forest canopy ahead, shafts of silver light lancing between the leaves overhead. Painting her and the world around her in lacy patterns of ambient light. Wolves howled in the distance, their cries forlorn and melancholy, a piercing soundtrack to this clear, crisp autumn night. The leaves crunched and crackled underfoot, her breath stark and loud to her ears, even as she watched it mist and form clouds in the air in front of her. She deftly, and quietly made her way where she was needed, her bag of healing supplies hanging heavy on her shoulder. The robes of deep violet swirling about her ankles, the mark of a Master Healer.

Leaves and twigs caught in her hair as she passed and she impatiently brushed them out of the way, trying to hear the frantic steps of the person in front, the one who had roused her from her slumber at the wee hours of this morning. The youth had been barely in his teens, his face blanched by panic. Nimshae had not been able to calm him sufficiently to be able to rest the need for her presence from his lips. All she knew was that he had been told to fetch a Healer, that is was most urgent. Taking her bag she had always left packed with the essential tools of her craft, she hoped that it would be something she could tend to quickly. A problem she could stabilize and treat quickly. Not for the first time she pondered why there was no such place people could seek to be treated. Rather than relying on her being available and present when a crisis occurred. It was true that in these times of fiscal enterprise very few people sought the more humble profession of healer.

Yet as the tree’s thinned before her and the small forest glade came into view, the little house lit brightly with lanterns, the young boy racing to his father, the bawdy cries of pain coming from a female obviously in the throes of labour. Nimshae grinned....to her it was the most rewarding of professions their could be. She lowered her hood and raced forward to help ease the new life into this world.

The Meat and Potatoes of this proposal....

Welcome fellow inhabitants of Asulon....and so starts my proposal for a new profession in Asulon, and hopefully a whole slew of inspiration for some interesting and engaging role play in the world we love to inhabit.

How did this idea come about, well it started quite by fluke actually. We applied for the sever, much like the start of everyone's personal stories on here, and after perusing the forums and site for a couple of days. We donated and got our nice 50 x 50 plot. Originally we did plan to go off to the wilds like everyone else and make our steading. However it became apparent as we were reading that if we really wanted to role play. This probably wasn’t the best course to take.

So an idea began to form, especially when in my very first ever role play interaction of this server I had to tend and dress an axe wound. Asulon is beset by wars, bandit attacks are frequent and true you have the monks. However they are NPC’s, what if there was a place to tend to your health and well being run by players themselves. Thus promoting role play. Once this idea formed well I couldn’t seem to shake it and hence this whole....very long post was born.

Healing what is it, and why is it different to what the monks do....

Well we all know that although they aim to keep Asulon as realistic as possible, there is no death here except in specific circumstances, and usually you are found by the the monks and by mystical means, presumably, you are healed and deposited at the temple, or spawn point. However these are NPC characters and lets face it we don’t always need help of that extreme variety, however we are injured or suffering from a malady.

This is where your healers will come in. First of all there is nothing at all mystical about them, and what’s more I am going to insist that to avoid power-gaming and unrealistic role play that if you wish to be a healer you must first train, and also stick rigidly to the tenents and information you will find here. Later if this is accepted I will make a thread that lists all registered healers. Healers of Asulon will practice the forms of medicine that would have been popular in the medieval times. This comprised of herbal and biologically occurring ingredients that they would have had to manufacture themselves. Surgery was not an option and all forms of internal disease or injury would be fatal. Also grievous injuries such as loss of limbs would very rarely be survived.

I would like to stick to this, there will be no waving about of hands, no suddenly the wound closes. I would like people to role play this as much as possible which is why with this proposal I have been as thorough as I possibly can be. I would like to ask if the profession of healer is treated much like that of a mage, that they use a set of ideals that are set down to practice medicine, and that no deviation from the agreed terms is allowed. This I believe will cut down on the power play and make the role play much more realistic.

So why should you be the first Master Healer....

Well for a start this is my idea, and my proposal. Second of all, I worked in medicine for nine years as a Pharmaceutical Technician, I used to dispense and manufacture drugs as well as gain a whole slew of medical exams in order to further my career. Couple that with a natural love of homeopathy and natural medicines and I believe I can role play this role, realistically and with much skill so that it’s as entertaining for me as the people I am interacting with. I can also say that a lot of work went into the Pharmacopeia for this, not only so that every healing ingredient can be gathered or gained through the mine craft game client itself. But also to ensure that every singe item used was comparable to a real world alternative...and here is the cool thing. That does the same thing.

For instance White Oak is our painkiller, which I took the inspiration from Willow Salix which is closely related to aspirin?. I wanted to make Healers not only a fun and challenging class to play, but also a realistic and believable one. There is enough mystic healing in the world, the path of a healer should be hard, and paved with blood and sweat.

So how do I become a Healer....

Well if you are an adept role player and you wish to spend time with me at the Healer Hall so I can assess where I think your skill level lies you will be promoted pretty quickly in this new professions infancy. It’s not really how well you know the craft and terms that will determine this, because you can always check a guide printed at the side of you. It will be more how good you are at playing one, how well you can interact and your staunch avoidance of power play at any cost.

Healers come in four ranks and I will explain them below....

Master Healer

Wears violet robes, is the head of a Healer hall and is ultimately in-charge, and responsible for all the patients, healers and students that reside within. They not only heal, but actively teach others as well as being the only professional entity that can promote a Healer to Master Rank.

Healer

Wears dark green robes, is a fully trained Healer and only ever reports to the Master Healer of the hall they work at. They can promote to Healer rank as they have earned that right and can

also work without supervision. These are usually the main trainers for Journeyman healers.

Journeyman Healer

Wears teal robes, healer in training however not fully qualified yet and must be promoted to full Healer to claim the title and practice unsupervised. A Journeyman would be adept at all

healing practices but would be really just gaining experience at this stage in their chosen craft.

Apprentice Healer

Wears brown robes. These are your students and never ever work unsupervised. Generally know very little and are mainly studying, gaining knowledge and helping the healing staff in order to gain the requisite skills to be promoted.

I have created skins below for the healers which are on transparent layers, which you can slot onto your existing skin and with a little editing should fit!.

Masterhealer.png

Healer.png

Journeymanhealer.png

Apprenticehealer.png

At the infancy of this profession anyone who wishes to become a healer will have to come train, and interact with me. This applies to any race. Healers will need to follow an oath and the prolonging and comfort of life should come before any racism or prejudice as it does in the real world. As with real world Healers anyone who doesn’t follow our scared oath will no longer have the privilege of plying their healing craft. For that reason I am hoping many races come to train with the intention of opening Healing Halls of your own in your own towns and nations run by a Master Healer. Or Maybe having a small cottage manned by a Healer in your village.

I would like to see different practices of medicine for all races, elves and humans would make use of herbs, and natural medicine. I can see Orcish medicine being much less refined, and a lot more brutal and empathic. If you are adept enough to play a Master Healer without power playing and ruining our professions reputation, then I am willing to help people design and work on their own healer halls and healing practices, if they need it. However this proposal ONLY concerns the Healing Hall that I will be running. Although I am very keen to see this expand into other nations as this really would promote role play in quite interesting ways. I would like to help, but not take over someone else's further idea’s for this as I think it will stifle individuality and personal creativity.

Medical Practices...

When I asked for feedback on this idea, one of the concerns was that it be not mystical at all in any way, and be conducted as realistically and historically accurate as possible. As I have stated already another concern was Power Playing so I think that every Healer should follow similar practices so as to avoid this. It should be noted that we are not here to save people who are grievously injured or suffering from fatal diseases.

To aid with setting down firm limitations and guidelines for other healers to follow I have worked on the following Pharmacopeia a tome of all healing materials found in Mine craft and Asulon, and their use for medicine. This was made with direct inspiration from real world occurring natural and biological cures. These have been written in a very simplified way so would be healers will have no trouble following the direction, and prescribing the correct substance for the correct ailment.

Healing Practices will be limited to...

1. The tending of wounds, dressing, cleaning and stitching.

2. Prevention of infection

3. Splinting breaks and sprains.

4. Treating the symptoms of diseases and sickness, and administering natural immune boosters and antibiotics.

Mortal injuries we cannot cure, nor can we cure internal injuries or attempt surgery of any kind. This would not be historically accurate or realistic.

The Asulon Pharmacopeia...

Pharmacopeia1.png

phramacopeia2.png

Pharmocopeia3.png

phramacopeia4.png

phramacopeia5.png

Tenents and Rules of Healing....

Anyone who wishes to be a healer will be subject to the following oath, this is binding, failure to follow this oath will result in you being denounced as a healer and forbidden from plying your craft. This is based on the Hippocratic oath of our time, in-fact I have tried to keep this profession as realistic as possible.

Healers will heal ANYONE who asks for aid, regardless of their race or alignment.

The Healers Oath....

I swear a vow and fealty to the aid and prolonging of life, as all life is scared. My craft is dictated through the need for my skills. Not race, material assets or personal gain.

I hold those that have taught me these skills in the highest of regards, we are a family, our skills binding us. Healers stand together, we stand for what we believe in. I swear that I will neither harm or strike another fellow healer for that would show gross disrespect to my skills and my oath.

I swear to share knowledge I have gained to any healer who wishes to learn, to teach those who wish to take this vow and follow in my footsteps. I will do my upmost to guide and mentor any apprentice who approach for training. Instilling in them pride of their work,competency, a respect for the sanctity of all life as well as the healers oath.

I will tend to the sick and the dying to the best of my ability and judgement, and swear to never use my skills to harm others.

I will never give a poisonous or deadly treatment to a patient, even if they wish it. Nor will I ever use my knowledge to suggest ways to end someone existence. With honour and faith I will guard my craft.

Whatever abode I visit will be treated with the upmost respect and honour. I will only be their to ply my craft at the permission and invitation of the rightful owner. I swear to never vandalise, steal, or commit any acts of crime against and abode that I have been granted access to.

Whatever I see or hear in the course of the treatment of the sick or infirm, will be kept in the confines of my own head and heart. I will neither speak or think of it in front of another living soul. Such are the burdens of a healer, and all confidences must be held in the highest regard. Likewise I will never let a patients views, opinions or actions cloud my ability to treat them.

I will charge no payment for plying my trade, good health must never be only a privilege of the rich and titled. However donations if given freely and honestly may be accepted.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and my craft. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

The Healing Hall It’s Self

This has been designed to be as friendly as possible to players that wish to use it for the purpose it was created. As a set and area to play a healer or a patient. It’s been designed to be built contained on a 50 x 50 plot that we have acquired through a diamond donation to the servers. 85% of the entire Healing Hall building is completely open to the public with no locked doors so that in the event that I am not online I do not impede others role play progress as this is the first hall of it’s kind.

The only places that will be locked is our small humble quarters, the storage, and also the farming areas and mine. Everything else without exception will be open, I am hoping that due to the griefing rules on this server I will not have cause to regret this. The Healer Hall is set up to look like it’s a self maintaining as it can be, using the limited land at our disposal. Due to the skills this may not be as viable with game mechanics however as long as we LOOK like we are self maintaining that’s fine with me.

Landaril who is my husband is going to be a handy man for the Healer Hall in-character as well, which is why we have a blacksmith’s and a mine. He will be the person who creates our items like Cauldrons and needles for stitching wounds, and repairs the furniture and items in the Hall it’s self when they are worn. Our sub race is wood elf so this is the style of architecture we have tried to follow, hopefully we will have succeeded without further ado...here is our screenshots, and virtual tour.

Concept Images and Screenshots.

Shots of the outside of the hall it's self, the grounds, the gardens and farmlands....

2012-06-27_14.50.24.png

2012-06-27_14.51.05.png

2012-06-27_14.51.10.png

2012-06-27_14.51.40.png

2012-06-27_14.51.50.png

2012-06-27_14.52.02.png

Water Wheel and Black Smiths Bellows for milling grain and powering the forge.

2012-06-27_14.52.02.png

2012-06-27_14.52.14.png

Inside and a brief description of rooms....

As you go in the enterance, the waiting room.....

2012-06-27_14.52.32.png

Dispensary and medicine manafacture

2012-06-27_14.52.47.png

Main treatment ward taken from both ends...

2012-06-27_14.52.56.png

2012-06-27_14.53.03.png

Kitchens

2012-06-27_14.53.21.png

Medieval style fridge and cool storage....

2012-06-27_14.53.33.png

Studying and admin area...

2012-06-27_14.53.53.png

Special treatment room for emergency injuries

2012-06-27_14.54.13.png

The VIP ward for heads of states and royalty...

2012-06-27_14.54.18.png

The infection ward for isolating patients...

2012-06-27_14.54.38.png

The lecture and training hall

2012-06-27_14.54.51.png

Our humble quarters

2012-06-27_14.55.31.png

2012-06-27_14.55.52.png

Inside the forge...

2012-06-27_14.58.54.png

I hope you enjoyed this proposal and see it as a good idea. I will await here with bated breath and all my fingers and toes crossed.

Sarah

I'm so proud...you guys made an event. And it's GOOD. Way better than the one I made... :) I give support to this

Actually I don't believe you had to make a proposal for this

I just want to say that SOOOO much hard work went into this (vast vast majority down to Nimshae not me, I have only had a small small hand in it, she deserves all the credit).

I feel this is such an excellent idea, not only for how well its been put together, though out and presented, but also its excelent roleplay possibilities.

Please support this, I really feel it deserves it, and anyone who would visit the hall would enjoy!

Alex

I heavily support this idea. I love how you made use of what Minecraft has offered. So much effort and love for roleplay comes from this posts and your other previous posts. If you need any help from the Event Team just PM me and I can discuss in Skype. So far everyone in ET Chat love the idea.

~ Talf

Yes but I don't believe you had to make an event for this, it is, in essence, a business, so I believe you just have to go out there and do it ;)

Hey There Guys...

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, the reason this is an event Hamin is that it's a largely open set for other people to use as well. It's not strictly a buisiness as Healers should never charge for their services.

I am not sure if we will be granted creative mode to build it, so you guys get this much quicker. However rest assured myself and Alex are also commited to builiding this by hand with material we legitimatley source.

My skype is scarlettshadows sadly I can't talk tonight as it's 10.00pm however hopefully we will be able to make a meeting soon Talf!!

*hugs*

Sarah

I don't think one is allowed creative mode but I don't really know atm and I must say, one of the longest posts I have seen yet.

Only going by this PandaAlex!!

*If something must be built, creative mode will be given and a GM will oversee the project along side you.

However this may very well be for something like a dungeon or huge adventure area, not our little hall. So not worried either way, it just means we'll be able to knock it up quicker *grins*

Yes it is long, I am known for being very thorough!! *laughs*

Sarah

+1 I fully support this and i cannot wait to see the result of it!

With this, the monopoly over healing trade the monk do will finally come to and end! Down with the incompetent monks! Long live the healers!