[Complete] Asulon Olympics

Thu'um

** This Event is currently under heavy revision, which is why this currently lacks a large amount of detail. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please ask away. We seek suggestions for the Olympic Events and structure. **

Event Planners, MC Names: BuildToSurvive (Thu'um), Volutional (Volutional)

Event Type: Asulon Olympics

Event Date: To be Determined (TBD)

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Any Nation or Faction that wishes to participate.

Event Location: The first Olympics will be held at a Nation that will offer to host it. Then, after that, Nations will be tasked with the responsibility to host it (much like how the Olympics are held at different countries every 4 years.)

Summary: This idea was obviously thought of due to the fact the London Olympics are currently in progress. The Asulon Olympics will consist of a set of events and a select amount of Olympians from each Nation may be able to compete. The event will occur bimonthly (Once every two months). Athletes will have a chance to win a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Medal (See the Concept Images/Screenshots). This event is under heavy revision and construction. Currently, this is lacking a lot of detail and content; So we wish to reach out to anyone who will offer any ideas for events or the proposed setup of the Olympics. The judging panel will be the leaders of each Nation (however the leader may not judge their nation). Athletes that win medals will be distributed medals (ingots).

Current Events:

1.) Obstacle Courses

2.) Pillars (Jumping from Pillar to Pillar to reach a specific point)

3.) Archery (Archers are tasked with shooting targets from progressively larger distances)

4.) Fencing (Sparring with Swords)

5.) Boxing

6.) Hurdles

7.) Track & Field

8.) Mountain Climbing

9.) Swimming

Concept Images/Screenshots:

Athletes will receive ingots as their medal.

A set amount of medals will be put aside by each nation for use in the Olympics.

The Medals:

Gold: Grid_Gold_Ingot.png

Silver: Grid_Iron_%28Ingot%29.png

Bronze: Grid_Clay_%28Brick%29.png

Olympic Setup:

Under Construction

Other Information: --

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes, if possible.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: We'll need builders to construct the entire Olympics events and setup.

Bronze should be coal :l

The Nation would require to build it themselves. The events are generally given as a guideline.

Event team can play random failing athletes or store-clerks. Or referees.

Bronze should be coal :l

The Nation would require to build it themselves. The events are generally given as a guideline.

Event team can play random failing athletes or store-clerks. Or referees.

I'd guess that'd be better if the Nations built it themselves.

We'll still need to determine a format for the olympics and how it should be built

I think this should be a ooc event. it it's name is going to be the Asulon Olympics. Because the Olympics is a green tradition.

Anyways, very good idea, and I support it.

I think this should be a ooc event. it it's name is going to be the Asulon Olympics. Because the Olympics is a green tradition.

Anyways, very good idea, and I support it.

This can be accomplished In-Character. It's purpose is to create role-play. When an Olympic Archer pulls back his arrow along the string, the entire process should be role-played until the point to where he releases the arrow. It's supposed to create role-play. When an athlete climbs a mountain, they'll role-play it that they reach for each rock, expressing emotion and struggle. Also, each Nation would come together to compete in the Olympics; So this creates competition and also further relations between nations.

Unless there's women's swimming and beach volleyball I'm not interested.

Unless there's women's swimming and beach volleyball I'm not interested.

I'm sorry there are no Women in Bikini's, though I suppose we could add swimming.

Idriel in a bikini, I'd participate.

Idriel in a bikini, I'd participate.

I don't even think Bikinis exist in Asulon, Athletes would probably wear some really light form of clothing to swim.

I must say I quite like this idea, perhaps a change of name would be necessary so you don't receive too much criticism ;), but all in all I like the idea quite a bit, and I'm sure the rest of the event team will feel the same and be happy to help.

I also think that boxing could be a suitable event :3.

I must say I quite like this idea, perhaps a change of name would be necessary so you don't receive too much criticism ;), but all in all I like the idea quite a bit, and I'm sure the rest of the event team will feel the same and be happy to help.

I also think that boxing could be a suitable event :3.

I've edited Wrestling to Boxing as it opens more opportunity for Role-play. It's easier to RP Boxing then Wrestling.

It's a good concept so far. In its current stage, I don't really have much to say other than to expand on it as much as you can (which you probably know already), and that I would like to see this happen. Keep up the good work!

Orcs will win anything related to strength, it is what our race is superior at :3 Unless there is a math quiz we lose...wait goblins we win...wait dynamite......we're all dead because of math quizes XD

Support, this would be interesting. Change the name to something different and have the entire thing be made by the neutral monks :3

Orcs will win anything related to strength, it is what our race is superior at :3 Unless there is a math quiz we lose...wait goblins we win...wait dynamite......we're all dead because of math quizes XD

Support, this would be interesting. Change the name to something different and have the entire thing be made by the neutral monks :3

Monks were an option however we felt it would be better with having it ran by the Nations. The monks could of course determine who would host it every time it happens.