[Event Proposal]Shadow and Flame

Watyll

Event Planners, MC Names:

watyll

Event Type:

Pillaging and destruction

Event Date:

Whenever is convenient, hopefully as soon as possible.

Factions/Nations effected by the event:

The Mori city of Menorcress

Event Location:

The Mori city of Menorcress

Summary:

((A balrog will have found its way into Menorcress and will drive out the Mori. They may come back someday to try and reclaim it, which may be interesting :D ))

“You know what they awoke in the darkness of Menorcress…shadow and flame.”

-Saruman, from The Lord of the Rings(adapted to Lord of the Craft)

“Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Mori in the deep places of the world.”

-Gandalf, from The Lord of the Rings(adapted to Lord of the Craft)

“A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you.”

-Gandalf, from The Lord of the Rings

They were not always scourges, the Balrogs. Once, they were the Valaraukar, peaceful elementals. They lived quietly in a small tower on top of a high mountain, studying astronomy and meteorology. They looked much like elves, but their bodies were made of fire, and black mist. Many thought this beautiful, and some thought they were sacred. But then came the days of the Great War. The dark one pillaged their tower, and they fled into the mountain underneath. Iblees blocked the way back up, and they had no tools to dig out. They were doomed never to find a way out. The Valaraukar had no need for food or sleep, and they had only their thoughts…and those began to drift after centuries of living in the darkness. Their minds warped, and their bodies soon after. They were now Balrogs. They drifted apart from each other, going through separate tunnels. Two were lost in the fall of Aegis. Three went through the deep, dark passages of the earth, travelling through flaming, hellish landscapes. One particular Balrog made a den close to the present day cavern of Menorcress. Its bestial ears heard the sounds of Mori going about their business. For years it looked, searching for a passage to them. Finally, a breakthrough. It saw its prey for the first time, and both shadow and flame roared a challenge.

Concept Images/Screenshots

Morgoth%27s_Balrog.jpg

220px-Durin%27s_Bane.jpg

gandalf_vs_balrog.jpg

Other Information:

If a Mori authority would like to talk to me about this. Do not hesitate to PM.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

Yes.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: I would like to play the part of the Balrog. However, I do need builders to make a Balrog for me.

If Balrog is accepted lore, I'll complain... Think of something original.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL nope.

Honestly, most of LotC is mostly original stuff. Something of this size should be kept also original. Not only are you trying to copy the creature but you also quoted LotR. Im sorry but nope. Giant creature in Menorcress? Yes. Balrog? Nope.

Well, this would be the introduction of Balrogs to LOTC.

First, you'd need to go into depth on why they were even created in the first place. Because Balrogs in LoTR are complicated.

Shouldn't you like....Maybe just...I dunno..possibly talked to the Mori about this, BEFORE posting?

Also, a Balrog isn't LoTC accepted lore, and their is no basis behind having one in this world.

As a Mori; I do not support.

As a player; I do not support.

EDIT: Dusk said you didn't PM her. And I frown deeply upon how you posted this without talking to us about it. Since this is mainly forcing us out of our habitat.

Shouldn't you like....Maybe just...I dunno..possibly talked to the Mori about this, BEFORE posting?

Also, a Balrog isn't LoTC accepted lore, and their is no basis behind having one in this world.

As a Mori; I do not support.

As a player; I do not support.

This upsets me Spamshok. I made this so you Mori would have an event, and on the form invited any Mori to pm me for collaboration.

Edit: Why can't I please you people...every peice of lore I write gets shot down.