The Frozen Thorns [Guild]

Praetor

*Altariel sighs, stretching in her comfortable leather chair and reading through the last notes brought to her. After a few minutes, she picks up her quill, and writes another note, sighing lazily.*

"You have been allowed to join. Speak of our..secret. And suffer the consequences."

OOC-

-MC name*: Moorke

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: Nope

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*: moorke7

*As night falls over Arethor Vanya slowly makes her way down the many backstreets, scuffing her feet with an air of boredom as she spins her newly aquire skull mask. The chill of the night creeps down the back of her dress sending a shiver through her body. Taking a quick look around her Vanya picks up her pace, making for her accustomed table in the cosy corner of the Viridian tavern

After collecting a bottle of ‘ArmaLuna’s Finest Pumpkin Wine’ and a glass from behind the counter she settles down to a drink before sliding the crumpled note out of its hiding place down the neck of her dress. After reading the form several times she lets out a sigh before pouring herself another glass, resigned to filling out the piece of paper.*

Name:

Vanya Galleon Norodiir

What do you wish to join as, why?:

Thorn

Haze

Gal Gold – Money is what keeps me alive.

What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?:

I just do what I need to survive. Steal from the stupid, dispose of folk who try to hurt me.

Race and Sex:

Female

High El Wood

Elf

Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.:

Aye if you look after me I’ll look after you.

Do you have any previous or current loyalties?:

To my family, they be the only ones who have ever looked out for me.

*Vanya puts down the stick of charcoal and tries folding the wrinkled paper as well as she can, sealing it with the wax of the candle on the table. Her joints protest as she stands, cracking several times as she walks towards the door. Taking a quick look around to see if the coast is clear Vanya crosses the path quickly into the stable and slides the sealed letter into the crack the previous letter was found. As she exits Vanya’s eyes dart around the street before returning to her seat and bottle.*

*A note is sent to the last applicant by bird. The bird holds the not in it's beak. The note is written in dried blood, as always.*

"You shall be contacted with a meeting time with our recruiter. Be there."

OOC-

-MC name*:

cruzazul8

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*:

Yes, it's linked right here.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*:

Yup!

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*:

Yes, username is zbroseph.

IC-

-RP name:

Tiburon (Tendril) Leary

-What do you wish to join as, why?:

"I seek to join the haze. I have learned to become stealthy in my many years of training."

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?:

"I excel in maneuvering through tight situations. I have always been the stealthy type that likes to remain hidden and watch with a keen eye."

-Race and Sex:

Male, High Elf

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.:

"Aye."

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?:

"I am a Lord of Khabbi. That shall not interfere with my mistress' requests though."

Situational RP Question ((Choose the one appropriate to the

Rank you wish for.))

Haze--- You are ordered to go to a certain Arethor noble and get the money he owes you for weapons by any means you deem necessary.

Tiburon nods to the mistress, his masks going slightly ajar with the sudden movement of his neck. Not saying another word Tiburon hurriedly walks to Arethor in search of a certain noble. Once in Arethor Tiburon feels his mask, making sure it is covering his entire face. He nonchalantly walks up to what looks like a common peasant and asks him where he can find the noble. The peasant points to the fountain right inside the Arethor gates.

Tiburon narrows his uncovered eyes, not taking them off his target. He sees the man walk into a small abandoned shop. Understanding that this is the perfect place to engage the man, Tiburon draws a small dagger, covering it with his overhanging sleeves. Seeing the man inside the shop Tiburon quietly walks in and shuts the door. The man hearing the creak of the door looks towards Tiburon direction and stands up, seeing the hostile look in his eyes. Tiburon slowly reaches into his sleeve for the dagger and steps closer to the noble only one things running through his mind... profit. Tiburon begins to speak in a mumbling voice, the mask not directing sound very well. "It has come to my understanding that you owe a certain amount of minas to my mistress." The man tries to back up, his hands shaking nervously. "If you do not give me what is needed I will take it from you."

The noble places a hand on his rapidly beating heart and says, "I-I paid her last week. S-She already got the money." Not believing the man Tiburon steps forward twirling the finely crafted dagger through his fingers. He says, "You have five seconds to hand it over... 5, 4, 3." Before Tiburon can get to two the man drops a large bag on the floor, the minas inside clanging together. Seeming satisfied Tiburon walks out of the shop, returning to the mistress with a smile on his face. "Here you go m'am. I didn't have any trouble getting it from that one." Tiburon sets the minas on the table in front of her and returns to his house smiling from ear to ear.

This was a fun application, I hope you enjoy the read!

*A bird is sent to your location, it holds in it's claws a small note which is , as always, written in dried blood*

"You have been permitted to join us. You shall be contacted with a meeting time and location."

((related to the frozen thorns))

*A page flys through the air aimlessly you can chose to catch it or not it reads

"The thorn, it shapes you makes your destiny whatever you desire, it turns you heart cold as ice. Frozen even the sun can't thaw out your heart after the thorn enters you, it does not leave. Only one controls this "weapon" once three sisters is one, it is "Her" fear her and love her nothing more or less".~ Unknown

((I wrote this hope you like it :)))

A letter arrives with blunt and basic handwriting, a rolled up scroll with the attached recruitment letter flutters in the soft wind.

OOC-

-MC name*:

Geoboy66

Indeed

I do promise, else I’ll let you beat me with a stick.

I do have a Skype of which you already have. geo.angus

IC-

-RP name:

Octazylalsuun Illidariruk though most call me by the name Octa

-What do you wish to join as, why?:

I wish to meld within the banquet of artisans in which you call the haze, my anti-social well being relies on my separation from others and my skill in subtly. I wish to offer my loyalty in the name of the mistress for both profit and power and hope that with greatest interest that she may be able to add my array of abilities to her silent arsenal.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?:

I can bring with me the silent soles of my boots that will scale whatever wall you desire. The tip of my dagger than will silence the throats of those who dare speak out against you. My dire cunning that would match a fox tenfold. Most importantly I can bring my loyalty, of which you may limitlessly hoard.

-Race and Sex:

I am a dark elven female.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.:

I swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?:

I am loyal to myself and those whom give me reason to be loyal to them. So yes, myself.

Situational RP Question ((Choose the one appropriate to the Rank you wish for.))

Haze--- You are ordered to go to a certain Arethor noble and get the money he owes you for weapons by any means you deem necessary.

Octa’s head slowly dips as he nods to the mistress, his black mask shrouding the grin that grew upon his face. Her mind exploded with adrenaline upon her ordering and her feet almost carried her away before she could finish her sentence.

“Yes. Mistress.” She hastily spoke, anxious to leave the presence of her Mistress.

Octa had made her way to Arethor through the day, knowing this would be much more beneficial to her from her past experiences and as she arrived at the gate she arranged herself to be hidden behind a large platform, her eyes still having the line of sight they needed for the gate. She did however take one look at the three mounted knights galloping through the gate as it opened and decided that she’d take a detour, not willing to risk being caught so blatantly in the open. Her feet made the soft “Crsss” they always did as they patted against the grass, sprinting as she arched herself low across the Arethor plains. She followed the wall for the most part though she knew that the entire journey would unfortunately not be on land. Her eyes skimmed the water before she came to yet another decision though this one far more brief and as she pulled down her face mask. She jumped

She submerged under the water and it was a good while before she came up again, she spent a lot of the time in the water and could hold her breath for a good time among those she’d met before her and as she grasped the wooden edges of the pier she looked around. Night was beginning to fall, the moon being her crown as it fixed itself above her head and it followed her as she ran across the walls of Arethor. Not but a glorious silhouette as it danced through the alleys, eyes pinning to each window that were passed... until finally the house was found. He was sat there on his chair, the old coot rocking back and forwards as if to mock her presence though unknowing of it. Her hand wrapped around the large wooden doorknob and as she twisted it a little click could be heard. She repeated the same maneuver in reverse as she silently closed the door with a subtle grin upon her face. Only as she got closer she realised just how loud the roaring fire cackled, it muffled her breathing by at least half as she wrapped her fingers around the rocking chair’s ribs... slowly rocking with the rhythm.

It took her awhile to gather the pattern of the rocking chair but eventually she set the tip of her little boot onto it’s base and slowly but surely it would come to a stop. The man sat there as he began to stretch out, letting out a large and tired yawn. His jacket lay hung on the very chair in which he sat, perhaps to cushion him from the rough straw like material in which it was made from. Nevertheless her two fingers slowly descended within the left pocket and after a moment of fumbling around she retrieved nothing. She was close to flinching as the man let out a sneeze and then returned to warming his hands at the flickering flames as her hand tried her luck at the other pocket. To her satisfaction her finger slipped through the hole of what appeared to be a key and as she slowly took it from the fabric encased cave she cupped it within her palm. Slowly she stepped back upon the rug on the floor, her hands releasing the chair as she let him rock blissfully once more.

Her footsteps tipped the ground once more as she crept along to the overpowering arch of the door, to her it seemed like a large gate than a door and she began to take more impacting breaths. Her other palm gripped her lips tight shut and almost gasping at the panic she was about to get into as she slipped from the room. On the counter in the kitchen sat a small bronze lockbox, the construct itself didn’t look very expensive but at the same time it didn’t look like he was trying to hide anything in it but rather store things. Her hands nimble inserted the key into the lock and she bit her teeth together as she heard a small rattle within the lock with each twist, clicking harmoniously as it’s lock foiled. It opened without a sound and her eyes bathed in the sight of the gold that was in it, there was at least three times as much as the Mistress had wanted, easily. She was sure the Mistress would be pleased if she brought her extra... She slowly closed the lockbox and locked it, slipping out of the back door and swiftly dancing through the night on her venture back to the mistress.

A letter arrives with blunt and basic handwriting, a rolled up scroll with the attached recruitment letter flutters in the soft wind.

*A bird is sent to your location, it holds in it's claws a small note which is , as always, written in dried blood*

"You have been permitted to join us. You shall be contacted with a meeting time and location."

OOC-

-MC name*: ramage888

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: I Don’t have one, but I am willing to create one

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*:yes I do.

IC-

-RP name: Nicomo Cosco

-What do you wish to join as, why?: Nicomo Cosco used to be an infamous mercenary, however after a brutal betrayal he fled and his name was forgotten by all hoping to once again be part of a major mercenary he seeks to join the thorns to reclaim his infamousy, even if the onl ones to know are in the Frozen Thorns.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?: Nicomo prefers to talk his way into and out of situations and is cunning, however he is a tough man and will not backdown from his job and will always find a way.

-Race and Sex: Human Male

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: Yes

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: No

Situational RP Question ((Choose the one appropriate to the Rank you wish for.))

Thorn---You are given as mission to find and beat up the minister of a small village, for he has refused to pay taxes to you.

Silver---You are tasked with selling drugs in Arethor and the Mistress wishes for you to have sold 500 emeralds worth of it by the sunset.

Gold---You have just been given a cache of spears to be transported to a group of bandits in a city one day away, how do you proceed?

Bronze---You just spotted 3 teenage girls in a forest, ideal prey. What do you do?

Haze--- You are ordered to go to a certain Arethor noble and get the money he owes you for weapons by any means you deem necessary. Nicomo would disguise himself and sneak into the nobles home, he would wait in the nobles presence until he has a chance to get to him alone, he would then reveal himself and try and talk the noble into paying, if this fails he will start talking about how it would be a ‘tragedy’ that his family would get hurt, and make other subtle threats. In the last case scenario he would use violence to make the noble give him the money.

((Once you have a VA, I will accept you. Unless you have a Minor of sorts, though for this kind of character you will need a full VA.))

((Other changes incoming by the way.

Frostbites are revealed, and Gold and Silver became one thing.))

*A message flies to te leader of the Frozen Thorns*

I 'ave a business proposition, send did bird back if ur are interested.

((PM on forums))

Application!

OOC-

-MC name*: Jchizz

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: Yep. Here's the link: Trevor Wyles' VA for 1a/b, 2a, and 4a/b.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes.

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*: Yep. Skype name is jchizz (simple, right?).

IC-

Trevor's application is neatly written on ink and parchment of average quality. His answers are short and concise, though by no means does the document appear to have been written hastily.

-RP name: Trevor Wyles

-What do you wish to join as, why?: I would be joining as a haze. It's where my skills would be most beneficial.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?: I've got a silver tongue, in every sense of the phrase. I'm quick and quiet on my feet, and I'm adept with all sorts of light and medium weaponry, capable of combat from any range. Plus... I've got a pretty innocent face.

-Race and Sex: Male, mostly human.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: I wouldn't apply if I didn't plan on it.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: *the beginning of a sentence has been thoroughly crossed out here* Let's discuss that in person.

It was the dead of night. Trevor quietly picks the lock to the back door of the manor. It amazed him that nobility thought that having multiple entrances to their homes was impressive... to him, it was just stupid. After twice failing, Trevor finally here the satisfying click, and slowly slides the door open. The manor's layout was simple and typical, and Trevor quickly found his way to the noble's bedroom. He and his wife slept soundly. "Good," Trevor thought. "This'll go off without'a hitch." Trevor spotted the chest against one of the side walls, a few yards away from the bed, and quietly moved to it and knelt down in front of the lock, going for his picks.

The first two attempts failed, and as Trevor brought his third and final pick towards the lock, he heard something creak behind him. He turned, only to see the noble man awake, on his side, staring at Trevor with wide eyes, his jaw dropped open. Trevor froze, his eyes widening as he thought what to do. Then, suddenly, he turned, stood, and drew both his swords in one fluid motion, waking the wife as he pointed them at the couple. He looked at the nobleman from under his hood and spoke quietly.

"I believe ya owe us some money. Do not speak. Do not resist. I could kill ya right here, right now. Neither'a ya would remember'a thing, and I could take what I came for and get off without'a hitch. By th'time someone found ya, I'd be long gone... so get th'money, and I'll be on my way."

The wife's gaze shifted between Trevor and her husband in confusion. The nobleman opened his mouth, hesitated, closed it, and nodded, getting up slowly and moving towards the chest. He grabbed the key from behind it. "... Damnit," Trevor thought. "Figures." The man opened the chest, slowly drew a sack of minas, and placed it at Trevor's feet, Trevor pointing the swords at both him and the woman all the while. Trevor sheathed one and lowered the other just as his arms started to tire and shake, picking up the sack and turning down the stairs quickly. He heard a shout from the bedroom as he bolted out the back door, but it didn't matter. He'd be long gone by the time the nearest guard arrived.

*A note is sent to the last applicant by bird. The bird holds the not in it's beak. The note is written in dried blood, as always.*

-------

-MC name*:

SirSmithers

-Time on the server*:

1 month and 1 week.

I currently have an accepted minor VA for thievery, corruption, conning and the like. I'd be willing to make another application for further evils should the need arise.

I do swear to uphold and obey the OOC rules.

DanielTarquinio

-RP name:

Valahan 'deGrey

-Why do you wish to join? ◊:

I wish to join with the purpose of both furthering and expanding my general pool of contacts as well as earning some valuable experience in my future... trade. Of course, that's not to say that the potential profit isn't a rather large draw as well.

-What do you wish to join as, why? ◊:

I believe that I would be most valuable in the position of 'Gold'. As an experienced tradesman, I would have no trouble selling designated merchandise. My tongue and wit are much sharper and faster than my sword. That is not to say, however, that I cannot hold my own in combat. I'd merely much rather have others partake in such in my place.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns? ((What can you bring IC and OOC?)) ◊:

I personally believe that I can bring both success and profit to the Frozen Thorns. I believe that, in time, I could act as a diplomat, agent of influence or advisor to the Mistress. [i hope to bring unique roleplay upon the admittance of my character. I aim to provide a fun and entertaining overall roleplay experience in general to all I have the opportunity to interact with.]

-Race and Sex:

Human, Male.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death:

I would not have applied should I have no intention to do so.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?

[i do indeed agree to follow all of the OOC rules.]

Gold---You have just been given a cache of spears to be transported to a group of bandits in a city one day away, how do you proceed?

Valahan leans against a damp, cracked wall in Arethor, observing the main street and the going-ons within. The rain patters against the well-worn cobble of the streets and pours in sheets off of the shingles of the nearby roof. A bound letter floats towards him in the turmoil of the stormy evening air. He snatches it, recognizing the seal of blood. Opening it, he reads. A small smile arises under the surface of his mask. He turns, vanishing into the curtain of rain.

He had been commissioned to oversee the transport of a weapons shipment from the nearby Thorn outpost to a city about a day's ride away. Spurring himself into action, Valahan goes about gathering all items needed for such an expedition. He sends a request for men to one of the Wolves. It is quickly accepted and six Hazes are rallied and prepared for the expedition. Valahan prepares his own weapons. He slips a gilded dagger into his boot and one into his sleeve, places three weighted bone throwing knives in his pack and straps on his sword-belt. He sends one of the Hazes to survey the area ahead, ensuring complete safety during the escapade. Upon the Haze's return, Valahan rallies the men and prepares the caravan. They leave down the path.

The caravan enters the city in the middle of the night. The bandits are already loitering near the entrance, awaiting the arrival of the shipment. The caravan pulls to a stop and Valahan hops down from the back of the cart. He raises his hand and his men begin unloading the spears. The exchange goes without a hitch and Valahan departs the way he came, coin purse noticeably much heavier than before.

((Small not to Ramage, could you PM me your skype?))