Elven Sentences

Sporadic

OOC:

Could it be possible that this thread is pinned? I find it rather useful.

Also a very important one most people get wrong: Adjective comes AFTER the noun! e.g:

- Large Elf <--- plain English structure we all know and love

- Elf'large <-- English words structured in correct Elven grammar

So adjectives in Elvish are like french adjectives with an apostrophe? :P

Pretty good thread. I don't use it often but it's always nice to add a little something to rp by using one of these.

So adjectives in Elvish are like french adjectives with an apostrophe? :P

Large elf

Elf'large

Grand elf (French) Un Immense elf / Un elf immense. (French often goes in front but is sometimes interchangeable.)

Did you make up those elven words, or is there a source to it? 

If there's a site where the languages are based on, let me see.

Did you make up those elven words, or is there a source to it? 

If there's a site where the languages are based on, let me see.

The elven language has no preexisting sources, with only one word of exception: uruk, which comes from the word (non-elvish) for orc in Lord of the Rings (ie, 'Uruk Hai').

Grand elf (French) Un Immense elf / Un elf immense. French often goes in front but is sometimes interchangeable.)

SpamShok, you literally chose the exception. These adjectives go first:

Beauty

Number

Size

All others in french go last. He was right!

Beauty

Number

Size

Righ you are. I need to spend a little more time thinking when I post that stuff, don't want to get bested in my own native language again. :p

The elven language has no preexisting sources, with only one word of exception: uruk, which comes from the word (non-elvish) for orc in Lord of the Rings (ie, 'Uruk Hai').

Technically tenna, lye, oment are all Tolkien too but used somewhat differently. Uruk wasn't actually Tolkien just happens to coincide ( I think? It was a while back and I didn't actually make that word )

Technically tenna, lye, oment are all Tolkien too but used somewhat differently. Uruk wasn't actually Tolkien just happens to coincide ( I think? It was a while back and I didn't actually make that word )

I believe we may have used the blah word for Orc, as it is what they called themselves before Elven did.

Uruk'hai

I just use random phrases that I think of. Like my farewell today was 'Illesde Navida' was farewell today.

Beauty

Number

Size

Woot Canada FTW!

XD

Dun even know if yous Canadian or just know your ****, I'm just proud to be a maple leaf right now. XD

This has helped me out a bunch when roleplaying as a High Elf for the first time.

You're awesome, guy!

This has helped me out a bunch when roleplaying as a High Elf for the first time.

You're awesome, guy!

No, YOU'RE awesome!

(( There may or may not be rumors of classes on this starting up in 4.0 for the Mali'aheral. Hint hint nudge nudge.))