Elven Sentences

Sporadic

Will this post be getting any updates soon?

Also- Does anyone have words for other family members? Such as Aunt, Uncle, Grandson, Grandfather, daughter, son?

Well, maln / aunt could be.. "Maln'onn" or "haelun'onn" as, Father's kin or mother's kin. For son/daughter is simply used as malii, for child. As for grand parents, I guess you could say "Kae'leh maln'leh maln." or something advanced like that!

On several plaques the greeting involving the moon has been removed, scratched off, because of its heretical content.

(( I have used "Liiller'lle" to mean gift.

Lit: "With'give'kindness."                ))

Well, maln / aunt could be.. "Maln'onn" or "haelun'onn" as, Father's kin or mother's kin. For son/daughter is simply used as malii, for child. As for grand parents, I guess you could say "Kae'leh maln'leh maln." or something advanced like that!

(( Ma'Haelun and Ma'Maln could be used as generic terms for Grand Mother/Father, literally translating as "Very Mother or "Very Father." The apostrophe may not be needed, I'm not certain, but it could be argued that the 'Grand' of grandparent is comparable to an honorific.

Then use phrases such as "Kae'leh maln'leh maln" and "Kae'leh haelun'leh haelun," to indicate a maternal or paternal grandparent.

Using this, you could create Aunt and Uncle from Mahaelun'onn and Mamaln'onn, or "Born of grandfather/mother."  ))

(( Ma'Haelun and Ma'Maln could be used as generic terms for Grand Mother/Father, literally translating as "Very Mother or "Very Father." The apostrophe may not be needed, I'm not certain, but it could be argued that the 'Grand' of grandparent is comparable to an honorific.

Then use phrases such as "Kae'leh maln'leh maln" and "Kae'leh haelun'leh haelun," to indicate a maternal or paternal grandparent.

Using this, you could create Aunt and Uncle from Mahaelun'onn and Mamaln'onn, or "Born of grandfather/mother."  ))

This is not bad, but you can use some pointers. Marmaln (Great father) and Marhaelun (Great Mother) is for Grandparents and great-grandparents and Mamarmaln and Mamarhaelun. This works the same way Ame means forest, Taliame (part of what makes up the forest) means Tree and Mataliame (part of the tree) means Stick/branch/log. 

Also you just need Malnonn and haelunonn for uncle and aunt, it literally means 'like the father/mother' which is better as it leaves Mamalnonn and Mahaelunonn for great aunt and uncle.

Also one last thing you do not /need/ an apostrophe every time you make a compound word as it changes the meaning of the word. For example Malnonn literally meaning 'like/kin to the father' or uncle were is Maln'onn literally meanimg 'born of the father' meaning son. and just to give another example Taliame literally means 'part of what makes up the forest' or tree and Tal'ame can refer to any part of the forest. 

Will this post be getting any updates soon?

Also- Does anyone have words for other family members? Such as Aunt, Uncle, Grandson, Grandfather, daughter, son?

so here are some words I put to help you out Dwyny~ :)

The apostrophe placement is /very/ important, see above if you want to know why.

Father- Maln

Mother- Haelun

Son- Maln'onn

Daughter- Haelun'onn

Child- Malii (or Mali'ii)

Uncle- Malnonn

Aunt- Haelunonn

Sister- Liyur

Brother- Ciyut

Male Cousin- Ciyutonn

Female Cousin- Liyuronn

Nephew- Ciyut'onn

Niece- Liyur'onn 

Grandfather- Marmaln

Grandmother- Marhaelun

Great/grand(everything else)- Ma______ (mar- and ma- means the same thing, only difference is that ma- is used if the root word has be given a prefix or suffix)

P.S. words such as Great-great-grandfather can not be made in elvish as Mamamarmaln is both bad grammar and cunfusing to say

though this can also help

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/19254-recovering-the-ancient-tongue-of-the-elves/?p=208568

this is where I got

Sister- Liyur

Brother- Ciyut

though I  changed Ciyutonn and Liyuronn to cousin instead of son/daughter 

-Edit- Fixed some of the bad grammar in there, also added niece and nephew and broke up the ways to say cousin into two lines.

If there is anything I missed please PM me~ 

This was extremely handy for me considering i'm a new Mali'Fenn on the server. Ahern ito nae'leh to everyone whom put elvish words in this post. this post is simply sulian.

Spoiler

Mali, Elf

Bortu, Dwarf

Uruk, Orc

Valah, Human

Tali'bortu, Halfling

llir/lliran, Friend(s)

laurir, Noble

Mali'aheral, High Elf (literally 'blessed Elf')

Mali'ame, Wood Elf

Mali'ker, Dark Elf

Mali'fenn, Snow Elf

is there more posts on elven language? 

I propose that the High Elf San'evarir Okaarir'Maehr to elevate this at the next meeting.

Family_Sigil.gif

Edited by Box_Elf

( SO helpful, thank you! )

pls update