The Mages Guild

Sagwort

((is this the place where i post that i want to join?))

[[ I guess you could post here. But... Well, we won't just accept you right off the bat. You'll have to come by the tower and show us what you can do.]]

((i don't have a magic application... looking to become an apprentice...))

[[...Yes. I understand that. Still, posting here ain't gonna get you an apprenticeship. What do we look like? The delvers? [ThatwasajokesorryifIoffendedyouPolgrath]]]

*walking up the stairs of the Mages College, Polgrath feels a sudden pain in his heart as if something very near and dear to him had been disparaged. He thussly tumbles down a flight or two before landing in a snow bank.

(( :P 500th post!))

Salamandra sits in the Arcanum, leaning back at a dangerous angle in the wooden chair. With a book in his lap, a quill in his hand, and a vial of ink on the counter, he busily continues scribing his works after taking them from a dark and dusty place in his memory.

"I sure hope the college will be able to use these!" he says happily.

"A library without books is a man without purpose. Full of potential, yet nothing in the present~"

(( I too am going to attempt to join. However, I have met some engineers, who have hired me as a researcher...

GAH. I want to join so bad, but I don't want to leave the Vonshlichten Co...

Also, I dont know if there are any active teachers that teach household magic, which I am very interested in... I don't like combat roleplay too much, so I want to learn a more useful branch of magic. ))

A young woman, dressed in a dirtied silk tunic of foreign cut and colors, sat outside on the gate's doorstep... awaiting a mage or someone to hear her plea or allow her inside. She was covered in frost from the cold winds and snow that howled across the mountains the Keep saddled between. She rocked there from the chill of her indignant encampment of the Guild's gates. A tiny flame flickers in her hand, and small book pouch rests against the bars of the gate, overflowing with leather-bound bibles, ink vials and quills. She's pale from sickness or nature.

The Goblins tease her from the gate, though they are in arms reach she never reaches to inflict her frustrations or angers upon them, she simply sits, waiting to be heard...

As the sunsets on her second day in front of the castle, she departs, still rather consumed with her pension to enter from the tension that was in her shoulders. Night passes uneventfully, however as daybreaks, any who walks the castle discover fresh footprints leading in from the balcony that connects the Novitate, leading into the Atrium, where she is discovered once more, unconscious curled into the corner around a dirty mug from the bar. Her determination is amendable, but is her trespass too great?

(( And yes I was able to climb into the castle. ))

We are suppose to come by? But... Nobody IC or even OOC know where the Mages live... And, of course, magi themselves don't answer me OOC and IC they end up being to busy for me to accidentally converse to them about wanting to find them.

(( I ended having to wander around until I quite literally ran into, my face still hurts somewhat. There are people out here, a few gobs and a few hopefuls, yet to see the mages but I've been here while they're offline ))

(( I ended having to wander around until I quite literally ran into, my face still hurts somewhat. There are people out here, a few gobs and a few hopefuls, yet to see the mages but I've been here while they're offline ))

Disclose the coords? Or just say where it generally is? I've wandered around and ended up deep in the wild near the elves, where I heard they are suppose to be near, but didn't run into them at all.

((I managed to find the college, but nobody would let me in... so i sorta just sat by the entrance for a while until a lich came by, hit me over the head with his cane, knocked me senseless and pushed me off the edge of the cliff.... I lay there while the good lady come by and tried to get in.... I eventually died of exposure...))

(( I got in, to Hammer's dismay as he was dismembered by a squid... Also check the OP it kinda tells you where...))