[Lore] [Complete] Dwarven Legion Equipment

TheNander

Ready for Acceptance?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Very nice, well done. However you should... (comment)
    • Needs a lot more work. First off... (comment)
    • No

Nalro Grayhammer sits in his brewery at his rather small drafting table. He begins drafting a tool that Dwarves can use in close-quarters combat. Upon the designs completion he attaches it to a page of his journal which is equipped with a lock made by Farren Starbreaker, Master Blacksmith and put in place by Olaf Stormhammer. Nalro then publishes a brief literature on the new equipment and distributes copies of it.

1pw9pf.jpg

Nalro then begins writing a journal in magnificent calligraphy.

"The Digging Tool (or D-Tool as it is better known as) is a razor-sharp miniature spade that is as long as a half Om ((One Om = 1 block)). I have previously made a stone prototype which was used to cut off the hands of Dormin Doomforge. The issue I seemed to notice with the stone head was that it chipped constantly causing a blunt edge. Unfortunately for Dormin we were not aware of this at the time of his punishment. Sorry Dormin. Anyhow, I had Farren smith me another prototype, this one of iron. The problem with it is that it isn't as strong or durable as i'd like it to be. It is significantly sharper, but has a short lifespan. I have deemed it not safe to issue to the legion as of now."

"He did it. Farren has made the final version of the D-Tool. This one is ready to be issued to the Legion. The head is composed of a sturdy material smelted by Master Blacksmith Farren Starbreaker using iron. The wooden handle is composed of oak which is found to be the strongest out of the woods we've tested."

Nalro, now satisfied with his previous invention begins sketching a new design, a design for armor. The design is then given to Olaf and then returned to his journal.

With the designs in hand, Olaf gets to work:

nx6fkg.jpg1t0zh2.jpg2z6gjcx.jpg14y0yr.jpg2ujlaie.jpgsy56qh.jpg2ue626w.jpg

chl08.png

"I have noticed somewhat recently that all Legionaires are patrolling the hold with this hot, heavy, and clunky iron armor. The other day I saw a few Legionaires attempting to apprehend a criminal, but was unable to succeed due to the criminal outrunning the iron-clad legionaries I have decided that the city guard needs a light, flexible, and durable armor that has lots of functionality. As a result there should be an increase in both arrests and morale."

"I have brought Olaf the design and he has created a harder, more durable leather. He has studded it as well, without my approval, but it seems fine. The armor also includes a belt with pouches and a sheathe for a combat knife."

((TLDR: New gear for members of a certain rank the Dwarven Legion. The above RP is a series of Journal entries. Only those of a certain rank and above will be eligible to be issued the new gear. The armor is lightweight compared to their current armor of choice which is iron armor. It will be about as strong as chain mail, hard leather, and give the wearer more mobility than they would with most armors and less weight while still providing a somewhat decent amount of protection. It will be represented in-game as Leather armor dyed black. It will have tougher more durable leather tanned by our Dwarven tanner. It is also sized to fit a dwarf so anyone larger that a dwarf will be unable to wear it. The shovel is basically a sharpened iron Entrenching Tool. In-game it will be represented by an iron shovel and be forged by the master blacksmith to make sure it was made correctly.))

Have dwarves written any lore for steel? If I remember correctly, only orcs have lore-approved steel, and its created in an odd way. Other than that, this all seems pretty much fine to me. Good post, like the screenshots too.

No enchanted weapons, If they are dropping from mobs then we shall fix that but at this time if you have an enchanted weapon please dispose if it!

At this point in time, absolutely no one should have ANY enchanted weapons, even if there is only a single enchantment and it's tier 1. If GMs are giving them out, they are doing so without notifying the rest of the team, as they'd be met with a simple "No". There will be enchanted weapons in the future, possibly the near future, but they will be from major (and I stress, MAJOR) events, and major events only. If you see anyone with an enchanted weapon, I suggest notifying a GM to deal with the situation accordingly.

Well, second time I do this today... These quotes are from 2 GM's on the thread http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/82848-remove-or-nerf-enchanted-weapons/

So I would sugest just using black leather armor and maybe naming it if needed. There is no need for enchantments and the leather can be rp'ed as better than normal, as it was designed expecially for this task. As for the shovel... I don't know, probably just using a named iron shovel I guess...

Well, second time I do this today... These quotes are from 2 GM's on the thread http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/82848-remove-or-nerf-enchanted-weapons/

So I would sugest just using black leather armor and maybe naming it if needed. There is no need for enchantments and the leather can be rp'ed as better than normal, as it was designed expecially for this task. As for the shovel... I don't know, probably just using a named iron shovel I guess...

I'm probably going to end up doing just that. Forgive me for not getting the memo. I posted this not even 6 hours after that thread was made.

Have dwarves written any lore for steel? If I remember correctly, only orcs have lore-approved steel, and its created in an odd way. Other than that, this all seems pretty much fine to me. Good post, like the screenshots too.

Steel is a grey area. I was told it doesn't need one by one person and I was told it may or may not need one by another. I think it's too much of a normal smithing technique to be worthy of a lore post. This isn't mithril, just steel.

"Ferrum smithing occurs all over Asulon, but it varies from nation to
nation. Oren blacksmiths forge an 'alloy' from ferrum they call 'Steel',
which is stronger and less brittle than your average ferrum blade or
plate. The orcs stubbornly forge their weapons from base ferrum, but
their smiths are so masterful at working with it that their cast iron
(they call it Skahiron) weapons are comparable to Oren's steel. I have
never discovered how the dwarves work their metal, but it must be
impressive, for while I have seen orcs look at human blades in disgust,
it is not unheard of for them to keep and use dwarven blades they pick
up on the field of blade in lieu of their own."

Dates back to Asulon, so metallurgy may have advanced since then.

Dates back to Asulon, so metallurgy may have advanced since then.

Thanks for clearing that up.