Black Templars? ((Ooc))

Bucky_24

Blundermore:

1. You're barely in Oren and you still seem to enjoy criticizing us a lot with a certain kind of arrogant, passive-aggressive attitude that seems to communciate a kind of superiority. It annoys a lot of Oren players and makes you look arrogant. Terms like 'Prancing around as nobles' and such contribute to this perception.

2. It makes RP sense that Oren's military is going to crush something it doesn't agree with. These people would be a danger to the realm and would be handled as such.

Aside from that, the reason people are criticizing this idea is because it basically sounds like a whole bunch of guilds that -we already have-. The idea is killing magic users/heretics/being a zealous group of Knights. The Roses and Teutonic Order already are this. Furthermore, it doesn't seem like this person has anyone with them or any experience running a guild, which is also worrisome. It's a big mistake to just jump into something with no prior experience, let alone something which is fundamentally the same as something else. So, that's why I think people are objecting politely; they dont hate the guy, they just don't think it's a good idea, and I'd agree with them.

Overall, I'd go with Mog's post - Forming a guild is fine, but you need experience with being in one first and some people to found it with you, and you probably also need a bit more originality in this idea. The Templar concept is very overused.

Why worship Krug when you can worship this guy?

J0J5iVy.jpg

If you're devoted enough to set up and maintain a guild, there's no reason not to. Guilds seen to have died out since Aegis, with only the big and old guilds being around/ (and they started as small, new guilds).

Might not want to go with the Templar theme though. As Tornado said, there are a few of those already.

Thank you for all the comments, I agree with the concern that this random "newb" with like 55 posts seems to be a bad leader, but if you check my account I have been around since Aegis. I am not new to RP as I have Role-Played on multiple games ranging from simple Roblox, to Runes of Magic, to Warhammer Online. None of which didn't already have huge groups of people that RPed there.

I did start small guilds in a few of them and had a blast doing it. I am not creating the Black Legion to counter or steal from the "Mighty Oren" and their superpower orders, but create more Dark RP. I don't want to I guess "Base" my Legion off of Templars. It may have sounded that way, but I am trying to work AGAINST magic and religion. It makes people too blind. Krug isn't one I see with many Orc sitting in a church. No you always see the mighty Orcs taking what they believe in and fighting to the death for it.I'm am glad I have doubters because that makes this complex game of chess that much easier to come out of no where.

I do not plan on becoming this end of all RP group, or "hiding" away in some tiny village and spread the population thin. I don't even plan on recruiting until my IRL friends that I am bringing to LoTC get their applications accepted and have some experience. I just wanted to let everyone know my intentions. I will bring forth the Black Legion, and I will not falter even at the steps of the Holy Cities. This is not just who I am in real life but who my character is. I wrote no back story for him because I feel that it is cheating to create a new character and become master of everything because my back story said so. I want to have my character learn swordsmanship from a true RP Master when I find one. I want to make small "Inventions" when I feel that LoTC can handle it. I have been around since October of 2011. I am no newb, and I am not afraid of what others think.

Thanks for listening to my rant by the way, keep posting!

Maybe Oren should start to actually allow some RP other than prancing around as nobles near it for a change to grow, instead of just stamping on it and kicking it out in spite before it even has a chance. Like most of the cities in Asulon and guilds, there's RP, and then there is just not showing any form of restraint OOC'ly as to how much you destroy. 

Who says that the city has to "let" them be there? Who says that actually, they are going to live in a hide away that is unknown to the city nearby Hmm? I lived practically on the front doorstep of Oren as a Dread Knight with my Entire fortress right under your noses and got along just fine. I think that if a shambling, hollow suit of armour could trick a bunch of Oren guardsmen with some bushes and redstone, these knights could probably do the same thing. 

Why is it a bad thing that they are bringing RP to you? If you had no one to convert your RP would suck ass, surely then you would be on the side of "for". 

As for creativity, Oren isn't exactly the greatest flair of Creative willpower ever displayed on server either... it isn't fair to deny someone the stereo types simply because you took the stereotypes already, if they develop in RP, no matter what you say, or do, they can do what they damn well please, stereo type or not... 

Who says that they will be crushed by the Oren military? I hid out with about 5 other people and we took on all of Oren and you STILL couldn't flush us out, speaking in absolutes brings out the wrong impression really that you're going to powergame/meta game where they are and kill them the moment they rear their heads, Because absolutes is making it sound like that. You don't truly know what might happen, you're just trying to predict an outcome and stick it over the top of it saying "NOPE IT'S GONNA FAIL". You don't know that, who says that it won't go on to be the best guild ever made? Sure, I don't know that either, but I know for a fact that there is just as much chance in that occurring as there is what you predict occurring. 

Stop shooting ideas down before they even begin, most of the good things on this server started off as blatant stereotypes that worked their way up to become what they are today. for example:

The Mages Guild

The Teutonic Order

Oren

The War Ugz

Elves

Dwarves

The Anguel and Daemon Mythology

The Creator

The Ascended and Undead

The Druids

The Shamans

The Dark Brotherhood

The clerics

The Five Wizards

Etc...

Need I go on? All these things started as stereo types... but over time they grew into what they are now. Sure, it might not be the "GREATEST IDEA IN HISTORY OF WORLD", it might not be the best writing, but don't shoot it down just because it follows stereotypes, because that argument in itself is completely hypocritical down to every last fiber. 

I'd say give it its' shot. If it fails, it fails, if not, then well then, we have a new group on the server to join that list of names.  

No offense to Oren Go'ers, but you will only let your RP improve if you allow other RP to flourish, not everything needs to revolve around finding the source and crushing it as quickly as possible.

Was mostly basing that point off of the way Oren acted back in Aegis, with equality for all, equal men/women right etc...

Perhaps allow a more experienced player to do this, stereotypes can only be good if done well... Oh and totally off topic: I WOULD LOVE TO BE A DREAD KNIGHT!

I hope you weren't talking about me being inexperienced...

Perhaps allow a more experienced player to do this, stereotypes can only be good if done well... 

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.