Shimazu Clan Dojo

Ctc9592

Shimazu Clan

ShimazuBanner_zps6110cd60.png

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Lore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

------------------------------------------Basic Lore------------------------------------

The Shimazu Clan dates back to the beginning of Aegis, although that was not what they were originally called. They started as the Faldings Family, a warrior/merchant family that lived and traded around the capital of Al’Khazar. They were not prosperous merchants, but what they lacked in trading, they made up for in swordsmanship.

During a time of recession, the Faldings family became bankrupt, and had to leave their home in search of something that could bring the family back from bankruptcy. They headed to the east and since then, the Falding Family was not seen for three years straight. During that time, almost all had forgotten the Falding Family. When they returned, they were no longer the Faldings, but called themselves the Shimazu Clan. They had lost sight of their original goal through rigorous training in the east, but many of them came back as fierce warriors, some wielding the infamous katanas.

------------------------------Shimazu Clan and the Spirits---------------------------

On their journey to the East, the Faldings family had to trek over the mountains before they could travel any further. As they rested from the climb after reaching the summit, they were approached by something divine, something the Faldings have never seen before. From what the stories and records the Shimazu family members wrote and said, it is believed that they encountered multiple divine beings. These divine beings approached the Faldings, and from what was described by the Faldings, the beings were surrounded with a blinding light. The beings spoke, saying “The ways of our people, the ones we have stored for ages, are dying. Save us and our culture, and we will reward you.”  They were all terrified of the mystical beings, but the elder of the family, James Falding, walked towards the spirits and asked the beings what they meant. Legend tells that James Falding took the deal the beings gave. The spirits granted their promise and gave him and his family the knowledge and revival the family seeked. The family soon after renamed themselves the Shimazu Clan and were believed to be protected by the spirits that approached them on the summit of the mountain. The spirits, according to stories, taught them the ways of the Eastern lands and told them “The East is no more. Return to your lands and create us a new homeland.”

---------------------------------The Last Days of Aegis--------------------------------

The period of when the Undead were converging onto the capitals of all the races, the Shimazu Clan stood with Oren armies in defending their homeland. Many Shimazu clan members died during the onslaught of Al’Khazar, including James Falding, who had changed his name to Shimazu Hirosima in honor of the Spirits. The Shimazu Clan fought bravely with their Oren brethren, but the actions and sacrifices of the clan were later forgotten by Oren, losing their honor in their eyes. As they left Aegis and headed to Asulon, they vowed to avenge their fallen clan members and retrieve the honor they lost back for their family.

--------------The Betrayal in Asulon and the Rebirth in Anthos--------------

The Shimazu Clan in Asulon was very profitable and noteworthy, training novice swordsman and knights and selling handmade Katanas to buyers. But deep in their hearts and minds, they wished to break Oren and demand their honor back, but they all knew that they did not have the strength to do it. So they continued on with their business, and occasionally tried to gather allies between the different lords of Oren and outlying regions and gain some support for their endeavour. On one particular day however, a day the clan would never forget, they put too much trust in a single lord and he betrayed the Shimazu Clan by divulging their plans to Oren’s military and king. The Shimazu were soon branded traitors and were hunted down.

All were wiped out except five: three male humans by the name of Shimazu Hatomi, Shimazu Ryuunosuke, and Shimazu Satomi, a male dwarf named Shimazu Hashimoto, and a female elf named Shimazu Hiraoka. They escaped to live in Kalos, then traveled to Anthos soon after. Unfortunately, Shimazu Hatomi passed away from old age and left the four siblings to their training. They plan to regain Clan Shimazu’s honor in anyway possible.

The Belief of the Shimazu

This is what you must learn before you can learn Bushido

The Seishin Belief

It has been passed down through many decades of the Tetsingun people that the flow of nature and destiny is governed by the Seishin (Spirits). These spirits are not ordinary ghost but they are gods of knowledge and they appear for each thing in nature. The Seishin are governed by  two unique spirits Yin(Darkness) and Yang(Light).

Yin- The Darkness

Yin represents the dark areas of our lives. The areas it controls are when we are passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak. This is the time when we are the most weak but this is the time we act the strongest to not show the darkness in us.

Yang- Shining Light

Yang represents the light in our lives. The areas it controls are when we are bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. These are times when we are at our weakest because we believe nothing can happen to us so why take precautions so we show more light in us.

These two Spirits separate are both weak and both strong but when they are together to form Yin and Yang which is “Balance.” The two spirits combined make the world go round making the perfect balance of the dark and the light.

Yin and Yang are what combines the other six Spirits. The others are Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Metal and Wood.

Hi no seirei “Fire Spirit”

The Spirit of Fire controls the world of destruction. This spirit is the cause for the many man-made disasters such as wildfires, house fires and fire arrows. But besides destruction this spirit is in charge of the strength, emotion, and change inside us. Without the fire in us we cannot show our true selves.

Mizu no seirei “Water Spirit”

The Spirit of Water is controls the world of provisions. This spirit is the reason every race is still alive, without water everyone would die. Beside providing the Water Spirit is in charge of the flexibility, intellect and momentum in us. When the times are rough you must tune yourself out for the outside world and become like a flowing river which does not care for the hurt and destruction but the peace within us.

Chikyū rei “Earth Spirit”

The Spirit of Earth controls the world of life. Without soil and the mud where would we be? We would be nothing without the soil to be born on. The Earth Spirit is in charge of the endurance, determination and fertility in us. We all like the way things stay the same but when things change, we have that moment of resent to keep things the way they are.

Kuuki no seirei “Air Spirit”

The Spirit of Air controls the world of movement. Without the wind we would not be able to move across vast oceans in matter of weeks instead of months. The Air Spirit is in charge of the speed, creativity and confidence in us. All races wish to expand and in many different ways. This is the Air Spirit working inside us.

Kinzoku no seirei “Metal Spirit”

The Spirit of Metal controls the world of discovery. In the ground there are all types of metals and precious stones  which all races find and use. The Metal Spirit is in charge of the focus, willpower and potential in our lives. All races must adapt to survive, and we do this through our minds of inventiveness. This is the Metal Spirit working inside us.

Ki no seirei “Wood Spirit”

The Spirit of Wood controls the world of nature. The plants that provides us air to breath, food to eat, material to make items all come from the nature. The Wood Spirit is in charge of the vitality, patience and purity inside us. When time are tough but you still manage to bring a smile through the darkness this is the Wood Spirit helping inside you.

ShimazuClanDojoSign_zpsf53a388b.png

Laws

1. Student and Family Conduct

All students and family members must respect each other. No fights between family members and students, or you may be expelled. Duals may be placed against each other, but in form of non-lethal, wooden swords.

2. Murder

Murder in the clan is a serious crime. Murdering a fellow clan member or student will cause in death by sword or forced suicide. Murdering a non-Shimazu affiliated will be punished accordingly to the other non-Shimazu member’s laws.

3. Stealing

Stealing is a minor to major crime, depending on the stolen object. Money would cause immediate return of money, and shame upon your honor. A second time will cause you to be sentenced to jail. A third will cause banishment from clan. Objects are the same way, only that it may cause banishment on the second time, depending on the value of the object.

Teachings

Each Sensei(Teacher) will have a specialization that they will teach here are the ones we will teach now.

Bushido: The Way of the Warrior

Kenjutsu: Traditional Samurai swordsmanship

Archery: How to operate a Yumi Bow

Honorifics

We use commonly three honorifics:

San,Sensei and Senpai

When you're using the term San you would address either a lower classman or a equal classman. “Michael-San”

When using the term Senpai you use it for higher ranked classman so anyone above you are Senpai. “Kate-Senpai”

When using the term Sensei you would only use this for a Shimazu Teacher. “Shimazu-Sensei”

OOC Information

Goals of the Shimazu Clan

The Goals of the Shimazu Clan are few and very simple: They wish to spread the Culture of the East to all of the races, and they wish to regain their honor from Oren.

What you should expect from joining the Clan

You should expect training in the faith of the clan and fighting techniques if you have not learned them before hand. Also, we treat all members as family, especially those who have been inducted into the family, so expect a more ‘family’ feel towards you and other students.

Ranks for Students

Samurai: This is also a Shimazu Clan only rank. The Samurai have completed all the Training and have showed enough determination to be entered into the clan family. They may only have allegiance to the Shimazu Clan

Ronin: This is the final rank for the Dojo where you completed your training but have not shown enough skill to be allowed into the clan family. Ronin can take up ranks into the clan military. They may also leave the Dojo at any time.

Disciple: They are skilled in what we have taught them and are close to completing their training but are not there yet. They must live in the Dojo Student rooms or nearby

Pupil: The beginner class for the rank for the dojo they have been accepted and have now begin their training. They must live in the Dojo Student rooms or nearby

Sub Ranks for Ronin and Samurai

Sensei (Samurais only): These people are apart of the Shimazu Clan family and train all the students in the Art of Bushido.They must have only allegiance to the Shimazu Clan. This can be given to those are extraordinary students but are apart of a Family or Clan already.

Honor Guard (Samurais only): These samurais are guards for the temple of the spirits and the sensei. They are the most trusted of clan members, and is rarely bestowed onto an individual.

Defender (For Samurais and Ronin): These ronin and samurais have trained in becoming defenders of the dojo. These are also the main backbone of the military strength for the clan. All defenders must be trained in the art of katana and bow.

Diplomat (For Samurais and Ronin): These ronin and samurais have preferred their skills in the art of tongue and speaking. They will travel to different towns and races, depending on the current circumstances. All diplomats must still be trained in using a katana.

Application

OOC Info

Minecraft Username:

Timezone:

Why you're interested in becoming a Shimazu Clan student and maybe one day become apart of the Shimazu Clan?:

Do you have a problem with the Honorifics?:

Are you willing to learn?:

IG Info

Name:

Race:

Skills:

Do you have any family?:(Name them if possible)

Do you follow any Nation: (Example: “I am a Knight of Oren”)

Do you accept that you might fail from the beginning:

Will you respect all races that are in the Dojo?:

If asked will you drop all loyalties to a certain nation or other group to follow the Shimazu Clan?: (NOT A NECESSITY)

How to Join

The way to join is first copy the the Application then type in the forum “So and So has sent a bird to Shimazu Ryuunosuke” then send me a PM with your application and I will get back you. If by chance the message doesn't send, post it on this thread.

News and Developments

Currently we do not own a Dojo so for the time being we are going to use a open meadow near Oren's Capital soon we will have a Dojo in House Ishikawa's territory (The Ishikawa Clan)  

Dojo Roster

Sensei(s):

Shimazu Ryuunosuke (Ctc9592)-Bushido and Spirit Teacher

Shimazu Satomi (Yopplwasupxxx)-Kenjutsu Teacher (Rp Fighting)

Shimazu Hasimoto (crazymajor1221)- Katana Smith Teacher

Shimazu Hiraoka (RiddleMeDoo)- Teacher Aid

Honor Guard(s):

Defender(s):

Diplomats(s):

Student Ranks:

Samurai:

Ronin:

Disciple:

Pupil:

Cassus (Onihonoo)

Malis Moonwalker (Bucky_24)

Raktar'Ugluk (chimp2008)

Maletone (aquaticsunnymoss)

Ivan Bronte (Kyle4924)

Colton Hampton (TheRealKiru)

Jex (deadoor28)

Aang Al-Jabbar (sprintindwarf)

Maki (Survivalism) 

Yua (Razorblade123)

Adrall (Jason)

Mizuki Azumaya (Popette)

((Mate I commend the effort, but be prepared to be hated on with all this Katana and Samurai stuff, as far as I know only the Shinzawai clan of Oren has any ties to ancient japan, there was a culture but the users have been banned and/or left))

(Currently it is the Ishikawa Clan and the Shimazu Clan that have ties to it atm but I do hope that I do not get to much flak)

((I'm curious, where did this samurai stuff come from, dating back to its origin in aegis? Was it used in the falding family?

I doubt that in those three years they created a whole new culture.))

((The whole idea of Qyzians died so there is no real Japanese culture group. You guys should probably adopt leadership of Qyzians, which is the Japanese culture. The only reason I say this is because they already adopted words such as samurai... which is clearly used in this.))

((I'm curious, where did this samurai stuff come from, dating back to its origin in aegis? Was it used in the falding family?

I doubt that in those three years they created a whole new culture.))

We didnt create the culture we were brought into it

(( Origins of such things come from me and I am the Ishikawa this is how I've role played since I joined the server, and I've had ties to Oren since in Aegis))

"Hmm seems they are getting their name out into the public, with my consent of course."

(( Origins of such things come from me and I am the Ishikawa this is how I've role played since I joined the server, and I've had ties to Oren since in Aegis))

"Hmm seems they are getting their name out into the public, with my consent of course."

((Sounds cool. Good luck Shimazus!))

((Thank you for explaining that Kais))

((Sounds cool. Good luck Shimazus!))

And thank you very much

The Dojo will soon be up once the Ishikawa Clan of Oren Manor is established we will begin construction. If any of the students wish to help build it please post below. 

Domo Arigato and may the Spirits guide you. 

-Shimazu Ryuunosuke.

*Message sent by bird to all students*

Colton Hampton has sent a bird to Shimazu Ryuunosuke