Guide To Being Kind

Goldd

First and foremost I would like to say, I have had not one problem with a single member on this server. I have never posted a ban or strike report and never really felt the need to. Do you want to know how I pulled this off?

I was kind. I followed the GOLDEN rule. I also helped those role-players that wanted that super over-powered character of doom. I tolerated every single thing I didn't like and treated it with simple kindness. I have no grudges or problems with anyone. I am thankful that this community taught me to be kind. 

Without further ado please follow these steps accordingly

AVOID

speaking your opinion in an unprofessional way.

too much ooc communication, such as Teamspeak and Skype.

being a troll.

DO

help other players with their roleplay if they need.

be tolerant and patient.

make lemons into roleplay as my good friend RHcrow does.

follow all LotC rules.

respect others and follow the golden rule.

DON'T

be a jerk.

try to lie about, bully, or manipulate someone you do not like.

COMPETE or try to be the best.

be a sore loser.

Just follow this and you will be a problem-solving, happy shroom person in no time!

When someone makes a guide to tell you how to be nice you know that the community is in a bit of a situation ;_;

On a lighter note, nice guide. Short and sweet. +1

Thank you good sir. I made a similar one not so long ago, because I was expecting drama like this with all the new world tension and government malinor drama. It is here, and a bit better than this one. http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/82406-happiness/#entry710831

I'd suggest adding not to force roleplay onto those who are not enjoying themselves.

However, I appreciate this guide very much.

It seems to me that people have trouble being kind simply because they're caught up in themselves. Most people claim they don't mean it when they hurt or offend someone, but they don't realize the impact of what they say or do has on other people. That or they don't care. This is why people who are known to their friends as a 'good person' can be extremely offensive.

Another reason is language. The English language has a lot of weird nuances, so you can very easily say something you meant in jest, or even out of kindness, and really hurt someone. Every choice you make in HOW to say things matters, a lot. If you actually take a step back and think about what you're writing, you'll often find that some things just don't need to be included, or one word would be better substituted for another. So please think before you say something. Unless you're intentionally trying to offend someone... if that's the case, you already know what you're doing wrong and there's not much to be said about it.

If there was a school for being kind i do believe i would ace it.

Not bragging lol.. Is that even a thing? *Kid walks into school "Hey Everyone! I just helped an old lady cross the street OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

Good advice! I enjoy RP with people who accept things not going their way just for the sake of a good RP session much more than people who try to force things the go their way. 

:) +1 for you, good sir. I feel the server's gone a bit off track these days, some of the RP truly is a bit... Selfish. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys getting a crossbow bolt in the heart. It's fun RP... Unless I had some RP I was SUPPOSED to do there and then get killed. XD Who cares, it's fun to die. (In RP, I have no intention of killing myself and defibbing myself over and over again because dying is 'fun' IRL. Not so fun in real life, I meant it's fun to RP dying. XD )

<3

A good guide. Straight to the point and short. It came at a good point in time, too... I feel like there is a new ban or strike report every week.

It's amazing how we need a guide on how to be nice. Praise Gold for making this, but seriously? It's a game. Games are fun. Have fun.

we need a guide for this...?

nocountryforoldmen4.jpg

A nice short and sweet guide. (A tad worrying we need a guide but still a nice read~)

Nice guide. It is a bit worrying that we needed this though....