[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

(( Minecraft Name: Pmck6 ))

A piece of parchment, covered in flowing and neat script, is carried into the main offices of the Ministry by a small owl, whose feathers is tinged with red. It's soft hoots bring attention to it quickly, and it drops the parchment on one of the desks. Still hooting irregularly, it waits to be given a response to be taken to it's master.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Applicant Name:

Charles Redwing

Race and Age:

Human / 24

What Position are you Applying For:

I am applying for the position of Librarian, and if possible, to also study as a Phrenal

List Any Experience You Have:

I was born to a family of scholars, with both parents working as authors and historians. This exposure to the scholarly arts meant that I began to read, write and speak much earlier than other children. I was taught by my parents until age fourteen, learning about the history, culture, politics and law of our world, as well as the various other academic subjects such as mathematics and science, however to a much lesser extent. At age fourteen I was taken in by the Grand Librarian of Solace, and became an apprentice at the library there. I was allowed free reign to read and learn there, and was personally taught by the Grand Librarian himself. 

Because of this upbringing, I believe I have plenty of experience to be a Librarian at the Ministry, as I have had experience in running, organising and maintaining a proper library and the books within it. I also believe I have the necessary experience to study as a Phrenal, as I more than most understand some of the true nature of knowledge, and how to pass it on.

Describe Your Interest:

At age 23 I left the Library of Solace, and began travelling through the world to find my place in it. My aim from the outset was to learn all I could in my travels, and ultimately become a professional author and historian in my own right. This passion and drive was put at a new level when I heard of the Ministry and it's goals, and I will do all I can to learn what I am taught, and care for the Ministry's library and other academic facilities.

Should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses, do you understand this:

I understand this and willingly subject myself to the Clauses.

Minecraft Name: Origin_Lark

Applicant Name: Salazar

Race and Age: High-Elf/Human Halfblood, 21

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: None, I-I am a n-new stud-student o-of the ar-arcane a-ar-arts.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): ((While I have yet to find someone to teach me Alteration, I figure Salazar can study magic while he waits)) I-I am a v-very cur-curious p-person and I-I wish to learn a-about magic an-and stud-study it for the good of-of t-the world. T-That and I-I e-enjoy stu-studying od-odd things.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Y-Yes.

Minecraft Name: Comradealecneav

Applicant Name: Hector Hale

Race and Age: Human 23

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Phrenal

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: As a younger man I was taught in the ways of philosophy and logical thinking. In my adult life I have had no experiences regarding this, but I hope to be able to gain experience with this guild.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): During my schooling I had the strongest of interest in the matters of philosophy and logical thinking. I don't quite know why, but I enjoy learning about how others think as well as developing and ever expanding my way of thinking.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes.

((I apologize greatly for my lack of activity, finals will be done this week and I graduate on Friday. Then the fun shall begin.))

Minecraft Name:  Xmaslightguy

*An old piece of parchment is stuck under the poster.  While the paper is of very poor quality, the handwriting inside is surprisingly good.*

Applicant Name:  Yric Telcontar

Race and Age:  Human of 6 and 40 years

What position are you applying for?  Phrenal in the Department of Erudition

To the Human Telcontar,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

(( Minecraft Name: Pmck6 ))

A piece of parchment, covered in flowing and neat script, is carried into the main offices of the Ministry by a small owl, whose feathers is tinged with red. It's soft hoots bring attention to it quickly, and it drops the parchment on one of the desks. Still hooting irregularly, it waits to be given a response to be taken to it's master.

Applicant Name:

Charles Redwing

Race and Age:

Human / 24

What Position are you Applying For:

I am applying for the position of Librarian, and if possible, to also study as a Phrenal

To the Human Charles Redwing,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: Origin_Lark

Applicant Name: Salazar

Race and Age: High-Elf/Human Halfblood, 21

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven

To the Halfblood Salazar,

Minecraft Name: Comradealecneav

Applicant Name: Hector Hale

Race and Age: Human 23

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Phrenal

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: As a younger man I was taught in the ways of philosophy and logical thinking. In my adult life I have had no experiences regarding this, but I hope to be able to gain experience with this guild.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): During my schooling I had the strongest of interest in the matters of philosophy and logical thinking. I don't quite know why, but I enjoy learning about how others think as well as developing and ever expanding my way of thinking.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes.

To the Human Hector Hale,

Members of the Ministry of Contemplation and hopeful applicants,

The construction of Hedion University continues due to the efforts of myself, our anonymous architect and the worker teams he has brought in. The scale and ambition of our construction, however, necessitates the following request,

-That any willing to do so may donate cobblestone, stone, stone bricks, oak wood logs, coal, paper, books and leather in any amount they feel an obligation to give.

The donation of other supplies and minas will also be met with the same gratitude, however those listed above are critical for the timely completion of the University.

Contemplate all,

-Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal

Salazar waits at the Cloud Temple Library patiently, hoping someone shows up. 

Nicodemus walks to the construction site with a goat bearing rolls and rolls of paper. He has no idea where to put this donation.

Nicodemus walks to the construction site with a goat bearing rolls and rolls of paper. He has no idea where to put this donation.

((I'm sorry, I'll set up a chest people can put donations into tonight.))

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

*writes below the poster

"I, Thrain Grandaxe, is offerin' ye as much land as ye need free to build a university in the huge Southern marsh. I have circled it for ye on this map in case ye do not know where it is."

*the map: (( https://docs.google....FAqw/edit?pli=1 ))

To Thrain Grandaxe,

I do appreciate the gesture, but unfortunately construction of Hedion University has already begun in Cloud Temple lands. One may also question the structural stability of a building built on ever-damp ground that foundations can easily sink into. I thank you for the offer, however.

Contemplate all,

-Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal

Minecraft Name:

Charlie22

Applicant Name:

Bayron

Race and Age:

High Elf 210 years old

What position are you applying for?: 

Maven

List any experience you have had with matters of your department:

Sadly the only experience I have regarding magic is the little I have gathered from library books.  I do however have dedication and a desire to learn and in my opinion that is worth more than any current knowledge.  Such a thirst for knowledge can lead a man to do great achievements in the time others spend bickering over land and money.

Describe your reason for interest in that position:

I was born a High elf but when I was very young my family was killed and I was sent off to live with a family of wood elves.  As soon as I was of age I joined the Wardens who were at the time the equivalent of the Elvish military.  I loved it there they were like my new family.  Sadly they were disbanded, the group I had dedicated my life to was suddenly gone.  In addition my physical strength that I had prided myself on was beginning to fade.  I wandered around for a while and one day found my self in a library.  After reading for hours, I realized what I needed to do with my life.  I realized the one way I could find the stability that my life had lacked was through intelligence and magical arts.  Knowledge could not be as easily taken from me like my family, the wardens, or my physical ability.  For the past few months I have been searching for a place that would allow me to further study and was overjoyed when I found the Ministry because I knew it would be that place.  That is the reason I am interested because I believe the Ministry can lead me on the path of knowledge.

Do you understand that you must adhere to the common clauses:

Yes I will gladly add the clauses to the many laws I already live by.

Minecraft Name:

Charlie22

Applicant Name:

Bayron

Race and Age:

High Elf 210 years old

What position are you applying for?: 

Maven

To the HighElf Bayron,

((I am there now))

Minecraft Name:

Radahan

Applicant Name:

Charles Napier

Race and Age:

Human, 25

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Department of Naturalism, Field Researcher.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

I have once in my life been abroad aboard a ship, but was caught in a most dreadful typhoon, where it proceeded to sink off the coast of the Kharajyr Lands, and wash me ashore. I was able to survivor for three months, and in that time, was able to find and document some precious findings, but little more then that.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

The biological anomaly of the Kharajyr has captured my profound interest, as there is little known about them in our records, aside from the occasional pelt or artifact. Other then that, there is little much publicly known about them, and that is something I would dearly wish to change. On brief interaction, I have found them to be far more sophisticated then originally thought, and this would require much study. But alas, for study, one needs funding, and a prodigious organization such as this can possibly offer me such.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

But of course!

Minecraft
Name: SebastianA500

Applicant Name: Alastair Ravenwood

Race and Age: Half elf/Northern Human
and of the age 33.

What position are you applying for?

(Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

I apply to be an Analysts of The

Department of Naturalism and work my way up. But I have also an interest in
History, primarily historical documents and archaeology. But I don’t seem to
see that as an option here. Perhaps in the future it may be implemented into
the ministry.

List any experience you have had with
matters regarding that Department:

I grew up originally as a hunter

for my family. Going out into forests, understanding the nature of plants and
the animals I was hunting, was a large part of my life.  I have ever since had
curiosity and have done my own several studies on some natural things and some
unnatural things. Exploration and guiding myself in foreign lands was a common hobby I took up. While hunting as a young man, tracking and knowing where a being travels by evidence was also a technique. I have done a wide variety of my own personal studies. Not that I am proud of it, but I have  done several studies on the work of Cactus Green. I am also planning on learning
the languages of the other great nations, to help me participate and travel better with work. I have also read much books from modern history back to the days of Aegis.

Describe the reason for your interest

in that position (>5 sentences):

The study of the things that live

around us has fascinated me since I was a boy. I have yet so much more to
discover, and that desire is very strong. I have learned much in my years
already, but to bring in that knowledge into work would be a great pleasure. As
of being a hunter for a while, I know the ways of traveling through foreign
land and have been able to adapt to those changes. I hope to bring in research
and new knowledge to this group and be able to spread and teach that knowledge.

By applying, should you be accepted you
are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:
At the utmost agreeable terms, indeed I do.

Minecraft

Name: SebastianA500

Applicant Name: Alastair Ravenwood

Race and Age: Half elf/Northern Human

and of the age 33.

What position are you applying for?

(Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

I apply to be an Analysts of The

Department of Naturalism and work my way up. But I have also an interest in

History, primarily historical documents and archaeology. But I don’t seem to

see that as an option here. Perhaps in the future it may be implemented into

the ministry.

To the Human Alastair Ravenwood,

Minecraft Name:

Radahan

Applicant Name:

Charles Napier

Race and Age:

Human, 25

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Department of Naturalism, Field Researcher.

To the Human Charles Napier,

((I will be on again in a few hours, I can arrange the meeting then.))

((Just a quick heads up, still playing lotc but getting the Internet hooked up at my new place is taking somewhat longer then expected. Hoping to have it up and ready by end of this week))