[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

A dove flutters into the Cloud Temple library, holding a parchment by its foot. The parchment itself is tightly rolled and wrapped in a strand of soft green silk. However it is not the typical request for joining the ministry. Rather, it is an invitation. 

Karin'ayla to you, Ptah Remneal,

Where you are reading this, may the sun fall softly and the breeze flow lightly. On behalf of the High Council of Malinor, I invite you to hold your very impressive and promising Ministry of Academics and Philosophy, among the many other aspects of knowledge you long for, within the grand forests of Malinor. We may speak in length, should you decide to take our invitation.

I await you with eager ears, Prince Avern'len San'taeleh of the High Council of Malinor. 

To Prince Avern'len San'taeleh of the High Council of Malinor,

I must apologize in that I am afraid that such an arrangement would be unlikely. The Common Clauses forbids us from entering into entangling alliances, and hosting the academy within the lands of Malinor would make us seen as allied with you, and so any strife that Malinor could experience in the future has the potential to spill over into ourselves. Indeed, this is a good example as to why we have adopted such a policy. It is known that in the past years Malinor has experienced much internal and external strife to numerous groups, and many of those groups retain a distaste and vendetta against Malinor. Associating ourselves so greatly with you would cause such groups to distribute such a vendetta against ourselves as well. We hope to maintain non-aggressive and neutral relations with as many extramural forces as possible. Instead, we plan on finding an area of neutral territory to establish the academy.

-Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal

Sertorius sets to write in cursive form on some papyri parchment atop a modest table in Thar' Brew Lodge,

"I would not mind having your camaraderie at my establishment, no need for an alliance with nearby Salvus; but to have your influence possess my tavern in learning would be an interesting turn. Perhaps with the business that seems to stream through my doors, if I could get one or two of your fellows who enjoy taking quill to script and issue out novels and treatises; let Thar' Brew Lodge be the vessel to hold them!"

To Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal,

Your stance is one I reluctantly respect, and agree with. Do take the chance to visit us, however. Our forests and people have much to offer in the ways of your studies, I would imagine. I write this with a bitter smile. You have made a prudent choice however. With hopes to seeing you and your members in the future, I send you this final letter.

-Prince Avern'len San'taeleh of the High Council of Malinor.

Minecraft Name:

Re_addled

Applicant Name:

Taeleh'avern

Race and Age:

I'm a young Mali'aheral at half of a century old.

What position are you applying for?(Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

My interests lie most closely with the Department of Naturalism and though I may not have as much experience as the other applicants I expect you to receive, I believe my perspective on the world, experiences and the knowledge I have gained from those experiences will help me show my worth.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

My mother and father did not live with the rest of the high elves, for reasons that they refused to tell me and when we were seperated a few decades ago, I lived on my own. In this time, I've been living nomadically, watching the world around me as I tried to survive within it. I believe I've developed a connection of some kind and I appreciate the strength that nature has. Most of my experience deals with small, informal field studies that involved studying animal interaction and extended study of plant-life though this information has been lost in my travels.  

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences)By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I believe that being a part of this organization will not only allow me to pursue my interests but allow me to learn from the others also involved and expand my overall knowledge. I will follow the Common Clauses without fail.

Minecraft Name: aquaticsunnymoss

Applicant Name: My name Is Maletone

Race and Age: I am a human and twenty eight 

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Pupil of technical department then  work my way up

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I used to engineer weapons by myself, I am amazing at redstone wiring if I do say so myself I have feel for it, as I grew up with dwarves I know how to smith too. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I am interested in being a pupil in the technical department because of my love for machines. I love to see how they work and create new things to make them work better or maybe make a new invention myself. Redstone wiring I also understand how each piece is like a puzzle that needs to fit together in a perfect manner. as for smithing the way the heat glows off my face I love I want to learn more and see more and teach more and come up with more for all of the skills and make myself as knowledgeable as I can until I can teach others too.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, I understand this

Minecraft Name: brnavin

Applicant Name: Servano

Race and Age: I am an elf the age of 183

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I am applying for the spot of Professor in the Naturalism category

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

I have worked in the geography of Anthos’ dungeons, ruins, cities, and forests. I have also Navigated the Seas of Anthos on my ship. In Medicine, I have worked with many anti-depressants to keep the mind stable.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

The current Generation has become slobs, and ungrateful for the knowledge we had in Asulon and Aegis. I will not stand by while “The Infection” of Stupidity and/or Ignorance contaminates the streets. The cities REEK of the feeble-mindedness of Adults and Children. Children are being developed to accept this reality and should not suffer such a pandemic. This position will allow me to educate and explore the mind of the masses peacefully around the lands.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

I understand and accept the Common Clauses as well as the consequences for failure of complying.

Minecraft Name: The_Blind_Seer

Applicant Name: Zane

Race and Age: Dark Elf, 1038 1039

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Librarian 

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I had owned and ran a book store in Al'Khazar, a personal library in Hanseti in the days of Asulon before the cloud, and a personal library currently in a disclosed location.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):I believe I would be decently qualified and am indeed interested as I already have a collection and enjoy collections of knowledge and what-not. Ever since my days in Al'Khazar when I had learned of my enjoyment the need, so to speak to catalog  collect, and protect knowledge for further generations to come so that history may not repeat itself. In Asulon I began to collect books and writings in safekeeping within my tower in Hanseti, though it was all lost due to the clouds that plagued its lands. Currently I have an amassment of books, unwritten and written where it is kept safe from eyes that can use some for the wrong reasons within-

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Indeed. 

Minecraft Name: kanrath

Applicant Name: Tenshar Kakun

Race and Age: Half Elf of 47 Years

Which Department Position do you wish to apply for: A professorship within the Department of Naturalism

List any experience you have had with matters regarding your selected department: I have studied the blood of drakes, the bones, flesh, feathers, blood and egg shells of cockatrices, dissected a frozen bone of a troll and hunted through mountains in search of the wild Boar Men of the north while talking to locals who had stories of their encounters with them. I have spent nearly 25 years in the study of alchemy and its use as a scientific tool including using various tools to extract portent fuels from raw coal and attempts to solidify the very elements into stone though lightning.

Describe your reason for your interest in that position: I wish to work together with others to better understand this world we have been dropped on, as in the worlds of Ageis and Asulon lack of such knowledge has been of a great detriment to the very world. Along these lines I wish to introduce to others the joy of the hunt for rare and fantastic creatures, plants and things unknown and then the subsequent study of them. In time I wish to then display these finds to the world within a museum of a sort, to show the world what science and the search for knowledge can bring and its value. To prove that knowledge has a greater value then the simple gold pieces some would kill dozens over.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clause laws. Do you understand this? If so please sign below-

I understand these laws and accept them

-Signed

Tenshar Karkun

Congratulations to the admittance of Theurgist Rasha, Rhetor Ebs Telrunya, and Pupil Lautrec Sanguine.

Minecraft Name:

Re_addled

Applicant Name:

Taeleh'avern

Race and Age:

I'm a young Mali'aheral at half of a century old.

What position are you applying for?(Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

My interests lie most closely with the Department of Naturalism and though I may not have as much experience as the other applicants I expect you to receive, I believe my perspective on the world, experiences and the knowledge I have gained from those experiences will help me show my worth.

To the Elf Taeleh'avern,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: aquaticsunnymoss

Applicant Name: My name Is Maletone

Race and Age: I am a human and twenty eight 

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Pupil of technical department then  work my way up

To the Human Maletone,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: brnavin

Applicant Name: Servano

Race and Age: I am an elf the age of 183

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I am applying for the spot of Professor in the Naturalism category

To the Elf Servano,

Minecraft Name: The_Blind_Seer

Applicant Name: Zane

Race and Age: Dark Elf, 1038 1039

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Librarian 

To the Elf Zane,

Minecraft Name: kanrath

Applicant Name: Tenshar Kakun

Race and Age: Half Elf of 47 Years

Which Department Position do you wish to apply for: A professorship within the Department of Naturalism

To the Half Elf Tenshar Kakun,

Minecraft Name: mikjangle

Applicant Name: Nicodemus Rosano

Race and Age: Human, 54

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Rhetor

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I have study economics for aproxamitly two decades, examining both the fundamental principles of trade, and the social implications of policy prescriptions. I published an essay on the later several years ago, which led to a very rich dialogue with the former High Lord Treasurer Denims. I am currently working on a more technical piece about spending flows. Also, I served as a lawyer for the Court of Oren for several years under High Chancellor DeStolistes. This led to great personal inquiry into the principles and nature of law.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): The short answer is that teaching has always been a secret desire of mine. The greater reason is that, as a Rhetor, I hope to instill in people a fuller understanding of economics and law. These are things that greatly envelop our everyday lives, but few have more than a basic understanding of either. What's more, misunderstanding, especially on matters of the economy, are exceedingly common. I wish to do what I can to teach people real economics. I believe that both these subjects are to often taken for granted as dull and base, without proper credence to the philosophic underpinning in both areas. This is something I hope to change as a Rhetor.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, I do.

Congratulations to the admittance of Librarian Zane and Professor Tenshar Kakun.

Minecraft Name: mikjangle

Applicant Name: Nicodemus Rosano

Race and Age: Human, 54

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Rhetor

To the Human Nicodemus Rosano,

Guy of Salvus [Edward] finds the poster and nods to himself but frowns upon seeing the arcane magic aspect of it. He writes out a small letter and pins it under the poster.

"To the Preeminent Savant, 

I hereby address your excellent Ministry. I would like to find land to host it within Oren by the condition that you abolish the Department of Thaumaturgey  as it encourages the study of sorcery, something which is illegal in Oren unless said otherwise by the Privy Council or the Emperor. I am speaking as the Royal Chaplain of Salvus and I hope you do contemplate my offer.

From His Worship,

Guy of Salvus."

((Sorry for the poor writing, just a little rushed.))

To Guy, Royal Chaplain of Salvus,

I thank you for the offer of land, but unfortunately I must decline. The Common Clauses state that the Ministry shall not enter into entangling alliances, and a gifted area of land within the Holy Oren Empire qualifies as such. The Empire itself has enemies, and us accepting your offer would make us a target for such people as well. Certainly the might of Oren could keep such people at bay, but we cannot predict how such an involvement with a nation as you propose would end up in the future: it is conceivable that the enemies of Oren could gain strength over time, enough to do harm to those it sees as Oren sympathizers - namely, in this hypothetical situation, the Ministry of Contemplation. Instead, we intend to build the academy on entirely neutral ground.

As for the Department of Thaumaturgy, I understand the value of controlling those who use magic who could potentially do great harm to the people of Oren if they so choose to. The Department of Thaumaturgy is hereby forbidden from practicing their arts within the lands of the Holy Oren Empire. As for promoting the study of sorcery, of this I openly admit. However, the Department of Thaumaturgy would likely only attract those who already intend to study magic. The Ministry would never dare to break our own Common Clauses and commit aggressive acts on extramural forces with magical power. In this way, those who are taught by us are much less of a threat than those who would be taught by those of perhaps less restrained character, or perhaps even taught by such individuals to use their magic to fight Oren.

If you have any further inquiries on the activities of the Ministry of Contemplation, I shall respond with haste and truthfulness.

Signed,

-Preeminet Savant Ptah Remneal.

To the Unnamed Royal Chaplain of Salvus,

I thank you for the offer of land, but unfortunately I must decline. The Common Clauses state that the Ministry shall not enter into entangling alliances, and a gifted area of land within the Holy Oren Empire qualifies as such. The Empire itself has enemies, and us accepting your offer would make us a target for such people as well. Certainly the might of Oren could keep such people at bay, but we cannot predict how such an involvement with a nation as you propose would end up in the future: it is conceivable that the enemies of Oren could gain strength over time, enough to do harm to those it sees as Oren sympathizers - namely, in this hypothetical situation, the Ministry of Contemplation. Instead, we intend to build the academy on entirely neutral ground.

As for the Department of Thaumaturgy, I understand the value of controlling those who use magic who could potentially do great harm to the people of Oren if they so choose to. The Department of Thaumaturgy is hereby forbidden from practicing their arts within the lands of the Holy Oren Empire. As for promoting the study of sorcery, of this I openly admit. However, the Department of Thaumaturgy would likely only attract those who already intend to study magic. The Ministry would never dare to break our own Common Clauses and commit aggressive acts on extramural forces with magical power. In this way, those who are taught by us are much less of a threat than those who would be taught by those of perhaps less restrained character, or perhaps even taught by such individuals to use their magic to fight Oren.

If you have any further inquiries on the activities of the Ministry of Contemplation, I shall respond with haste and truthfulness.

Signed,

-Preeminet Savant Ptah Remneal.

((His name is Guy.))