[Lore] The Spark Glove [Completed]

Mr. Etan

Not adding anything else, ready for review if possible.

The spark glove is a white gloved modified to be used as flint and steel, the glove is a normal glove accept for the middle finger having crushed flint lased into the threads of the finger, and the thumb has a metal mesh, so when the two slide off each other a large spark is created, 5-7 Inches Range. The glove was an idea from an Alchemists named Vaclav Pascal, he was playing with his flint and steel until he got the full idea to some how to turn this into a quick hand held weapon, now when he first had the idea he intended the glove to be very use full. When he turned to his friend Giovanni, a master engineer of his kind, he had a long talk with him, and after a bit of thinking Giovanni said its possible, He started to tinker and work on this glove...

The ability's of the glove:

At the snap of the fingers, a Spark is created.

Can Ignite anything flammable.

((Oil, Tinder, Dry wood, etc.))

On a roll of 5-20/20 the spark size will varies.

Disadvantages of the glove:

If the glove gets wet, It will not work.

If its raining, the spark will not be created.

The glove will only have five uses before the flint needs to be changed.

If the roll is under 1-4/20, the spark will not work.

May burn self on varied RP times.

If the user gets a roll of 3, or 11, The glove will Backfire, in which even the user will be burned, and the pad on the glove will be useless((Deducts 5 uses of either the upgraded or the normal glove))

The glove creation RP((click here))

The Symbol on the back of the glove:

N6ZZKdC.png

Leave comments and constructive criticism, Thank you. 

List of People with the normal Gloves:

-Giovanni the Master Blacksmith ((Zeedusfrostblood))

-Donavin Pascal ((Zeedusfrostblood))

-Arthal Lowedge ((JuicyRhino)) [Recreated the Glove, Iron holdings allow it to have 10 Uses rather than 5]

========================================================

Glove Upgraded, Currently the only upgraded glove are held by Vaclav Pascal, a Flame Alchemist.

Some upgrades that have been added:

Spark uses are up to 20 Now: With the new flint pads, they are easily sowed on and last longer for they are pads mixed with other materials such as a back metal to keep it in place and some other spark-able non-metals.

I... don't see any reason why not ^-^ Nice idea and diffidently suitable for rp in my opinion.

So... it's a lighter? 

Glove lighter. Its a glove... and a lighter... In one. Wow I'm a genius. Its so the user doesnt have to pull anything out that's bulky like peaces of flint and Iron to make sparks.

So balanced it might not even need lore.

So balanced it might not even need lore.

Its a very advantage-able weapon, ever see a man burn alive inside a suit of Armour? Who needs blades, just use Oil and Fire, besides a lore is always nice for a new weapon.

This idea reminds me of something...

RSozzI0.jpg

What ever could it be...

I do like the idea, it is simple and seems like it would fit well into roleplay. If it rains does that mean the flint needs to be replaced? I personally think the amount of uses for the glove before it needs to be changed is quite low.

I do like the idea, it is simple and seems like it would fit well into roleplay. If it rains does that mean the flint needs to be replaced? I personally think the amount of uses for the glove before it needs to be changed is quite low.

The flint is in bits, so after every strike the flint basically crumbles away, and yes I did get the idea from FMA, but I made it more logical than snapping of a finger and then fire((Cheating magic is an alchemists goal! :D)). And that's the reason why the glove wont work when wet, the flint gets wet and soiled, and the glove is too wet to spark. 

Edit/Add-on:

Basically a user would keep it in a pouch with hay or something dry to shield it from rain, forget using it if you fall in a river, lake, or so.

I see no reason why this would need lore. It is just a combination of two items. As long as it isn't powergamed. Besides, it would be utterly useless against leather, chain, iron and other armor.

This idea reminds me of something...

RSozzI0.jpg

What ever could it be...

I can tell you now. That where he got the idea! Lol But really, I want this to be a thing. (:

I see no reason why this would need lore. It is just a combination of two items. As long as it isn't powergamed. Besides, it would be utterly useless against leather, chain, iron and other armor.

Leather would soak up oil, and burn a man crispy. Chain, the oil would get on the clothes under it, they would still burn, Iron? Not so much, but it might stay on the iron, and besides, fire ignites fear.

I wanted to write a lore on this so others could possibly create their own spark gloves after some ideas with them selfs, or when I'm in combat and use it I got a link for the type of person who questions if I have a lore for it. :P

I see no problem at all with the actual glove. All the instances you are refering to really just use oil which is a different deal.

Leather would soak up oil, and burn a man crispy. Chain, the oil would get on the clothes under it, they would still burn, Iron? Not so much, but it might stay on the iron, and besides, fire ignites fear.

I wanted to write a lore on this so others could possibly create their own spark gloves after some ideas with them selfs, or when I'm in combat and use it I got a link for the type of person who questions if I have a lore for it. :P

That's admirable.

As for your claims on leather being flammable. In all reality, it would be VERY hard to ignite leather. They would have to have had put a lot of oil on it lol. Leather is very flame retardant. 

This seems more like a novelty than anything seriously dangerous in my opinion. In the heat of combat, punching and slicing and moving, a spark from some flint and steel would be hard pressed to light anything. Then again there are some circumstances that dispute that. Either way I support this invention. No reason not to.

Huh. It's a neat idea, but I have a few suggestions for change:

- Only a few uses before you have to renew the amount of flint in the finger. There isn't going to be a whole lot of you plan on sewing it to your finger, unless you attach a hunk on. No more than five, I would say, before the specks become to worn to produce any reaction.

- Make the flame smaller. It says that it will produce a flame of five to seven inches. That's half a foot of flame from a few small rocks of flint and a bit of steel. Five to seven inches is longer than an oil lighter that is used nowadays. Flint and steel mesh produces some sparks, but not a flame that is half a foot long. It could be outfitted with an oil sprayer to actually attack people, but not flint.

That's all! Toodles.

EDIT: Nevermind, read it again and I realized you said it had a RANGE of five to seven inches. Ha ha ha... :P So it's good!

EDIT: Nevermind, read it again and I realized you said it had a RANGE of five to seven inches. Nevermind... :P So it's good!

Thanks, I scratched my head for a second. That's one of the disadvantages of the glove, You need to get close to the oil soaked Object, Man, or Thing.