Waterbreathing Potion

Waterbreathing Potion

The Formulae was first discovered by Bardel Thorak as he was undergoing an Autopsy on a mermaid. He tried to discover how these Sirens could breath underwater and found they do just the same as fish do; Filter out the Oxygen from the Water by using a thin lineing in their throat called 'Gills'. Bardel made a Hypothesis that if he were to use these 'Gills' in a potion he would be able to extract their purpose and traits.

He began using a Fish's Gills. An Item that is less expensive and easier to obtain. Brewing it with a Tippin's root (So the potion would last) and Yak's Liver. Upon testing the Potion on one a Test subject Bardel noted that the 'Gill' did grow. It did not allow breathing in normal air and when Bardel placed the Test subject in a Water tank he still suffocated. Upon further inspection Bardel discovered that the Gill had not correctly formed and simply created and small layer of flesh in the Test subject's throat from which he could not breath correctly and suffocated. Bardel noted that in the next potion he would make he would have to use: better, larger Gills which were more suited to humans and a more purer Liver.

His final idea was to use an Aqua Vitae Base mixed with a cup of Seawater. Then he would mix the Mermaid's Gills and the Liver of the Mermaid as these two would react well together. He would also use at least one Tippin's root (To make the Potion last), A sample of Athin (One of the purest water symbols) and finally the Flower of an Elf's hair Vine as this would increase the potions power and act as a symbol of air which was what he would need underwater.

He gathered all the ingrediants and used the Gills and Liver of the Mermaid he already had. Finally he brewed the concoction. A thick mixture that stank of Fish and was the Colour of Seaweed was formed, Probably enough for 2 or 3 bottles.

Bardel, being completely trustful in his own knowledge took a dose of the brew to test it. At first the brew didn't instantly give him Gills and took a minute or so to begin to take effect. Bardel felt his throat swelling as the new flesh began to form. Then a great ringing in his ears began as they became immune to pressure in the air and sea. Then he couldn't breath. Bardel struggled about as his breath left him and his heart pounded. He gasped for air but didn't recieve any. Then he dived into the water but still his gills were not completely formed and he couldn't filter any of the Oxygen from the water. He squirmed about for almost a 40 seconds whilst the Gills were forming. Slowly he became weak and began to give up, then suddenly he could take small gasps of air.. slowly becoming larger and larger. The Gills side of the potion worked. He then looked at his white hands and could see that large amounts of flesh had grown between his fingers. His Feet were webbed also. Bardel's Potion had worked. He attempted to leave the water, only to find himself gasping for air again. He could no longer breath out of the water until the potion wore out. He thought about the close call he had as he swam about in the in the heated Pools of the Karimirr. A way he could improve the brew was by adding a Symbol of Air representing, Speed: To make the reaction faster. But that would have to wait untill the brew wore off in an hours time.

Once it finally wore off he experianced the same thing as when he gained the gills slowly becoming breathless until not being able to breath back to being breathless and then slowly being able to breath. Another notable thing that happened was that he was deaf for 5 minutes after the gills had gone. This was due to the sudden exposure to Pressure. Then after 2 days the webbing between his fingers and toes died and dropped off.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

-Breath underwater

-Webbed feet for better swimming

Cons:

-Moments of Breathlessness before and after

-Deafness for 5 minutes after

-Looking like a freak due to webbed feet

-Its damn expensive to make

Lore by: Watty_Banker

With a bit of help from: Ziko99

I want to be a freak! A Fish Man Whoop!

Even if it would take tons of Alchemy time i make that potion just to look like a freak lol

I hope it gets added into the new Alchemy plugin, so only people that really roleplay the creation of this potion can use it.

Yay, you listened to my advice. Seal of approval.

Even though it's insanely powerful, as long as people don't PG having them and actually obtain them through killing a mermaid (do mind this is supposedly near impossible) as well as then obtaining the gills (you'd have to harpoon or net the mermaid) without going in the water it would be rare enough for its power.

Yet again I still shan't +1 this due to it being too powerful and too PGable. Being one of the main mermaids myself I fear people will start using this as soon as they see us without proper proof of how they've obtained it in the first place. 

Even though it's insanely powerful, as long as people don't PG having them and actually obtain them through killing a mermaid (do mind this is supposedly near impossible) as well as then obtaining the gills (you'd have to harpoon or net the mermaid) without going in the water it would be rare enough for its power.

Yet again I still shan't +1 this due to it being too powerful and too PGable. Being one of the main mermaids myself I fear people will start using this as soon as they see us without proper proof of how they've obtained it in the first place.

While your point is Valid, it is powerful. If the user was Male the Mermaid would have plenty of time to lure the user into the water and drag him down to devour him. If it was female.. Meh, Having webbed hands and webbed feet don't make much of a difference to the speed of you swimming, You could catch them pretty quickly.

On your second point that it is too PGable and someone can just whip it out: If used on you Mermaids you would know if he was able to make that potion from killing one of you. Also you seemed to have stumbled upon one of the problems with Alchemy, the item is just bottled water and an RP item, anyone can whip a potion out at any time. Every Potion has this same problem and it is something we have to live with/deal with. A good way to know if the potion is legit is for anyone who is brewing this potion to confirm with ET when they are doing it or to give screenies of Brewing it and Killing a mermaid. Anyway thankyou for your feedback all the same and keep that badass Mermaid RP up :)

I'm old Greg!

*Signs his approval*

temp+%25281%2529.png

This is still active, i suppose? Someone should review this. . .

This is still active, i suppose? Someone should review this. . .

Erh yeh, I was hoping it would get looked at very quickly. Anyways Lago told me it should be reviewed on/around the 11th.

What happens if it goes inactive?

Yet again I still shan't +1 this due to it being too powerful and too PGable. Being one of the main mermaids myself I fear people will start using this as soon as they see us without proper proof of how they've obtained it in the first place. -1

I didn't even know mermaids existed!

You know what would be cool? If while the potion was in effect you couldn't go to the surface without suffocating.

You know what would be cool? If while the potion was in effect you couldn't go to the surface without suffocating.

"He attempted to leave the water, only to find himself gasping for air again. He could no longer breath out of the water until the potion wore out"

^ That is included in the lore