Grand Hammer - The Anthosian Blacksmithing Guild

Lark

GKpZQxy.gif

NEWS

=3/6/14=

We have a shop if you want quality metalworking from the guild!

~

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/107253-the-grand-hammer-armory/

Established News Section!

==================

Rules of Grand Hammer

Blacksmiths in the guild will not harm fellow guild members in any way, shape, or form.

Grand Hammer is neutral in all political and racial affairs. Entering the guild, you acknowledge your fellow blacksmiths not by their race or age, but by their experience and knowledge.

Blacksmiths of the Guild will follow the trade regulations set by the Council

These trade regulations shall prevent competition between members within the Guild

Members must report to at least one of the bi-weekly meetings held each elven month. 

If one does not show up for 3 meetings, they will be removed from the roster until

they should choose to re-apply.

Rankings

Grand Hammer, unlike most guilds, does not have a complicated ranking system.

The guild relies on progression and certification system to promote quality roleplay.

Based on quality of smithing roleplay and progression of the smith, and management of guild matters.

Guildmaster

Manages the Guild and has final say on Guild Matters

Lark Steelwall (Origin_Lark)

Teaching Blacksmiths

Blacksmiths who have been bequeathed recognition by the Guild that

they are skilled enough to teach.

Yuln'okar (cjmate8)

Certified Blacksmiths

Blacksmiths recognized by the Guild as practitioners of the art

Caitlyn Hightower (Captivehearts)

Armas (SortedJarhead) 

Gwindor Twiele (Runehunter1212)

Fujiwara Kenta Ishikawa (Italian_Assassin)

Apprentices

Blacksmiths who are still in training, but are recognized by the Guild

Lorik Edain (Xtremegamer714)

Grey (spartansoldier8)

Mith’laku Koinetboo (Tadmonster)

Holtbjorn Tiberius(killerkoala255)

Valmir Audane(Theflyingpen)

Application:

OOC:

IGN:

Time Zone:

IC:

Name:

Race:

Place of Residence:

Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?:

If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one?

How experienced do you think you are?

Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?:

Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max):

"Tu First Anthosian Guild? Ah suppose so, since tu Dwarven One 'as ah eritage originatin from Aegis! Ar! Ar! Well ah suppose it'll be nice tu ave some rivarleh.. But t'ey'll never beh able tu truleh compete wif ah true smif. Aye, t'at ov tu Dwedmar!"

((Woop! Some rivalry! I'm interested to see how this goes, good luck to you! ))

Application:

OOC:

IGN:

Galendar_Aveere

galendar.aveere (not galendar_aveere)

Time Zone:

GMT-5 i think, EST US

IC:

Name:

Alexander Guivret

Race:

Human, Auvergnian

Place of Residence:

Small home off in the woods around Kaedrin, not sure what nation it falls under...

Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?:

I wish to return to oren and become more capable in my old talent.

If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one?

Since I was seventeen, but the art has escaped me and I wish to learn from one as esteemed as yourself, Mister Steelwall

How experienced do you think you are?

Capable, at best. I need to be taught again but can catch on I think.

Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?:

I am an old fire evocationist, with permission blessed from the old High Pontiff (his new title escapes my memory) who has apparently just taken leave from Oren, which saddens me.

Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max):

Born on the ships to Elysium, I was raised like an idiotic nobleman. I tried to best a knight in combat and was shown my true place, at the bottom. From then I joined the knightly order and became a decorated and loyal soldier to the Empire. I participated in two crusades and many wars, the largest, to name, being the Dwarven Human war.

When the Horens left Oren, I had left as well to find my love, Emmeline. With luck I found her and am now stabilized mentally. I am not returning to Oren and prepared to come back with a clear head and iron on my hip and shoulders.

OOC:

IGN: Everman111

Time Zone: Central US

IC:

Name: Kaspar Irons

Race: Human

Place of Residence: Looking to be in Abresi. Staying in Kralta

Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?: So I can learn to forge better equipment and other stuff. I'd like to learn some of that fancy engraving stuff.

If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one? A single year.

How experienced do you think you are? Not very experienced. I can hammer out a basics but nothing fancy or elegant.

Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?: No good ones aside from the basic forging skills

Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max): I was born in raised in a mine. My father was never kind to me or my momma and neither were the other miners. I grew up lifting rocks or cooking with my momma. It wasn't a very pleasant life to live. Around the age of ten though my momma got sick and died and that sorta set my father off. So I kept working in the mine and managing dinner at the same time for a while until we left when I was around sixteen.

We made ourselves company with some bandits living in the mountains where we were employed in their raids. I ain't ashamed of trying to make a living. My father died bitterly the winter of my twenty fourth birthday which is when I left back to the mines again. Been mining ever since but I've been trying my hand at smithing so I can raise myself a family and raise them right. My father ain't ever did that. Anyways that is my life story.

OOC:
IGN: SortedJarhead
Time Zone: -6

IC:
Name: Armas
Race: Not very fast, but I can try.
Place of Residence: Wherever the Creator tells me to squat.
Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?: Yes.
If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one? 40 years, since the days of Ildon. (Though only RPing as one since early Elysium.)
How experienced do you think you are? 7
Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?: All stolen by bad macecatcher.
Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max): I am a bad cook.

*Tyrnal looks at the poster and begins laughing.*

"Ha. Humans can't fockin' smith."

*Tyrnal looks at the poster and begins laughing.*

"Ha. Humans can't fockin' smith."

Lark feels a disturbance in the world and looks up from his anvil, looking around with suspicion, "Someone doubts me skills."

OOC:

IGN: Cjmate8

Time Zone: Eastern

IC:

Name: Iago

Race: Elf

Place of Residence: Darkhaven

Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?: I would like to join your guild for security. With the destruction of Old Malinor, I have lost my shop and most of my belongings. I must find a new smithy in order to practice my trade.

If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one?  Nine years.

How experienced do you think you are? I am not experienced with armor smithing. I make jewelry for a living, but I consider myself one of the best of those few that still remain active in the field.

Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?: I know how to build molds, crucibles, and how to buff scratches out of old jewelry. I believe there is a lack of Jewelers nowadays, so I would like to bring the art back.

Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max): I served the Chivay many years ago after they took me in as a slave. Back then, I fixed their farming tools and mended armor after they got into a scrap. After they left for the new continent, I moved to Malinor and began polishing jewelry for the princedom there. I exported rings to the Dwarves; They took a liking to them. After the fall of Malinor, I lost most of my equipment. I have been scratching out in Darkhaven lately, but I am looking for a smithy in one of the major capitals so I can properly sell myself.

Lark sits in his office in Krelm, having fowarded the mail there until the guild construction is completed, "Interestin', A dark elf...An' in Dark'aven...." chuckling, he takes out a quill and begins penning a letter back to Iago.

"Iago of Darkhaven,

You are accepted, I shall arrive in Darkhaven with due notice to evaluate your blacksmithing skills.

- Lark Steelwall "

Guest Grey

OOC:

IGN: spartansoldier8

Time Zone:GMT+1

IC:

Name: Vuln "Drake" Shadeleaf

Race: Mali'Ker

Place of Residence:Darkhaven.

Why do you want to become a blacksmith/to join?: I've been quite bored and purposeless lately, and hence I'am an evoker of earth, I tought it would be nice to learn smithing.

If you are a blacksmith, how long have you been one?: I can shape jewelery, but that's as far as it gets.

How experienced do you think you are? I know nothin' really, that's why I came here to learn !

Do you have any techniques or ideas to share or work on within Grand Hammer?: That depends on what ye' want.

Tell us about yourself(2 paragraphs max): I'am Vuln, eighty-one years old I think, a Mali'Ker, mage for over 5 years, mage of the earthen, aye, I have some family, not much though, I've slain a drake in Elysium once, hence me name. Not much else really.