[Lore Idea] Gem Evocation

Cjmate

Evokation has a very specific LotC meaning which is to conjure stuff out of the void and throw it at people. Maybe "Gem Empowerment?"

How about Gem Divination, or just Divination? With Divination, I could see about expanding this beyond gems. Also, how do I go about getting this approved as a standard. I would like to work on it more, but I want to make sure it is acceptable thus far.

If you intend on spreading it beyond just Gems then why not go down the Runesmithing path? A Gemsmith could be a branch of the forgotten forger's magic. That way it would encourage the making of such gems (cutting rather than making) to be just as important as getting the benefits from them.

ADDITION: Being attached to an already accepted (the status of runesmithing being slightly up for debate) type of magic will enhance the legitimacy of your proposition. If that sounds like your thing then the man to talk to would likely be Dave, based on this old post.

I want this to become the Elven form of Runesmith. I do not want to give it to Dwarves.

Edit: The purpose behind my doing this is because Dwarves cannot share Runesmithing. I wanted something that myself and others could do as an Elf.

Sounds like a negative attitude. The issue with Runesmithing taken off was that the players of Dwarves were such great dwarves that even OOC they did not want to share RuneSmithing (slight creative licence taken upon actual events). However, this does not change the fact that these magics could be the same and birthed from the same concepts. How they come to be in Anthos is of less concern. What I meant by attaching this to Runesmithing is that by copying the same "rules" that are in Runesmithing (which I have no idea what they are) then you've got your framework and a potential backstory for its origin, and the legitimacy of JewelSmithing is saved. Doesn't matter if Elves, Dwarves or even Orcs are doing it NOW, what matters is supporting a new branch of magic with the security of an old one.

I do not want it to be an exclusive thing, and I do not want to hand it over to runesmithing origins. If I made it an extension of runesmithing, I would not even be able to use it!  Anyone could do this, but I want to make sure that it does not fall into the state that runesmithing is in. I want it to be elven themed, but in the end anyone can do it. I may have worded what I said wrong, but I essentially want to keep this my own thing. I will develop and work out it out over the next couple of weeks to accomplish that.

Edit: Based on the lore I wrote, and what is in my head that I have not written, it does not have a lot to do with runesmithing in the first place. I would be breaking lore to piggyback it into acceptance. Runesmithing is done through using special dyes, and you cannot inscribe gems with dye.