[Magic Idea]Pathomancy... Revamped!

EmbryoGod

Pathomancy  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is something that should be added into the lore?

• Awww yeee
    • Meh, neither here nor there about it
    • No, absolutely not

To put it simply: this magic would be far too complicated for any Conjurationist or Druid to handle. They would be "overloaded" in a sense- it would take up too much of their energy to be able to control something of this scale- as per their own set of rules and regulations. And this puts a far more specialized and more logical standpoint to a magic. For instance, you said that Druids could be capable of doing one part of the magic, Conjurationists another, and Necromancers another. Well that's all well and good, but I don't see a Rogue Druid Necromancer Conjurationist around. And even then they wouldn't be able to do certain things guide-lined in the magic. To be blunt: this is different, it has differences from other magics it doesn't matter if you put three other magics together and go "Well... if all three of these magics worked together then they could do some of it".

Generally the Denied archives isn't the best source of material, but it's pretty much unheard of for someone to resurrect the idea of someone completely unconnected to them. What's your reasoning behind reposting it?

I thought it was cool *shrug* I figured it should get a second chance, and I knew the guy who originally thought of the idea so I figured it'd be cool to edit it

So it's the idea itself you want to see implemented, you're not particularly interested in playing it yourself?

Whether or not I play it is of little concern to me, I just want to see it implemented for the interesting lore it could provide and the interesting roleplay experiences that could stem from it

Guest Generalgr

I still love the idea of Pathomancy, I think it is fantastic actually. it's just the Necromancers and those who use conjuration think it's the same thing as their magic. It annoys me because it isn't, clearly... Last time I went through with the idea of Pathomancy, I was told magic had a very slim chance of being implemented because quote on quote..too many rogue villain magics...Sorry...but screw that. I think that magic in itself provides role play whether it is good magic or not. So..I believe it's good to have different and new things. Apparently new things aren't good on this server, I figured that out.  You shouldn't just limit a server saying there is too much magic because...that isn't fair first off and personally I get bored of the magic that I have seen for the past year..Personally I like diversity and a difference. I'm sorry if I am offending anyone, but I am just expressing how I feel because last time I took almost a month working on this stuff, just for it to be bashed down and hated upon by people I won't name. and if there is a SLIM to zero chance it will be implemented, there is no point in trying to argue with all the dis-likes. I would LOVE to play as a Pathomancer. I would love it. But...unless it's implemented apparently I can't. So, if anyone has any questions you can Pm me or quote or whatever happens with that quoting stuff.

Thanks, Generalgr.