A Warlord And His Army.

ThumperJack

This is as much an event idea as it is Roleplay. I as a player was beginning to get tired of so many cults and unnatural forces attacking. I think we should add in a new Antagonist, but less all powerful and more, I guess, power crazy or just plain strong. I thought of perhaps a warlord coming from some direction for example the east [Genghis Khan reference] and he come with an army that has all good things an army needs. Like hes coming ready to take an entire nation. But hes come to take all of the Fringe. So it would add good RP and a less magic crazy, unkillable death machine. I dont mind the Uber powerful stuff, but it seems we have made alot of those recently. This is only a suggestion, not at all criticizing your idea in any way. I have always found your ideas fun and adventurous. But back to the event. I thought perhaps, this warlord sending an emissary to one of the nations (depending on the direction they came) saying if said nation does not surrender then they will fall beneath said warlord's feet. Then the nation can decide on that. Most likely they will say no to surrender, so that will initiate war between the warlord and the nation. So because of the size of the warlord's army and the amount of nations the warlord must attack and take, there will be many battles. Like I said this is an event idea as it is a Roleplay idea, so please don't say "Oh no, you wrote it in the event ideas section." Please consider my idea, and comment back what you think.

I like the idea, but the problem is that even with the whole ET fighting for this Warlord, his army wouldn't have the strength or player base to get anywhere.

Wouldnt it just be another scourge?

Why don't YOU make this army?

You could easily make this yourself if you could get enough players. As an ET thing, they're not nearly numerous enough.

The reason why we have evil things that can shoot magic missiles from their eyes is because there is a horrendous player to Antagonist ratio. Did you see what Oren could pull in one battle? There won't be enough people, even if soldiers join on Khan's side. To remedy this, magic is used.

INstead of magic, how about just an awesome pvp plugin?

I think we should just wait for one of the nations to get a power-hungry leader, then they'll invade all the other nations. The one with a playerbase large enough to do this would probably be Oren, so... Human horde?

This was merely a suggestion for an antagonist who did not spam balls of fire, and wasn't all-powerful. I will however say, perhaps an event team member play as a general during a battle, or something in that area. And lots of you said "He won't have the army to do it.". I agree, but maybe we could spawn zombies or armored skeletons, named after him or his nation. And say in chat if you must, "A group/patrol of (name) have arrived!". There are many ways we could do this, and the reason why I won't do this myself is because I have my main character going through alot, then I have a pending Ghoul app. 

This was merely a suggestion for an antagonist who did not spam balls of fire, and wasn't all-powerful. I will however say, perhaps an event team member play as a general during a battle, or something in that area. And lots of you said "He won't have the army to do it.". I agree, but maybe we could spawn zombies or armored skeletons, named after him or his nation. And say in chat if you must, "A group/patrol of (name) have arrived!". There are many ways we could do this, and the reason why I won't do this myself is because I have my main character going through alot, then I have a pending Ghoul app. 

I did something along these lines as ET with Crooked, may happen again if we're lucky.

Sorry for the very long delay, this event could easily be done by you and it seems it may require some new lore. Talk to the lore-team about the idea and try to work it out if you feel strongly about this event, you could easily do this by yourself however with just an army and some armor. If you have any questions as to why you event was denied please send me a message on the forums.

Event denied.