Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

As said previously, this will result in baiting nations to force a war claim. If you antagonize a nation, you cannot be upset when they raid you at whatever time of day they want. 

And then they can either accept the warclaim, or deny it and follow the same rules everyone else would and not participate in raids.

It's better than having a group deny a warclaim yet continue to raid every single day.

Problem is, that normally it isn't so clear cut. There are many grey areas, such as actions of individuals or a small group within a nation. The nation could deny responsibility for that group, for example a group of bandits. But the other nation doesn't have to accept this, because it's down to perspective. Eventually leading to the old arguments of :

"But X did this! And Y did that!"

Another problem is bans, why do we even bother threatening people with them anymore? They mean absolutely nothing these days. Since people can easily just get an alternate account or simply wait the short period that normally is a ban. So it anything seems more like a reward, a week break rather than a punishment. It would be more effective to take more in game solutions, such as restricting access to plugins or turning them into wandering souls. But again these issues might be for another thread.

For now how about the duration of the raids being 1-1 1/2 hours long? I mean to be honest, it's not like the citizens have to be in the city during the raid. The map is huge, there is always some place to roplelaying in it. In regards to time, how about also once every 3 days? A week sounds long, I mean I agree we need rules for when nations can't agree to make their own.  But a week waiting, doesn't make people realise they're at war and war is a bad thing. Not fun wise, but morally. 

The whole forced warclaim thing, nah... I don't say this because I belong to X, Y or Z. Forced warclaims always make people rage, causing more drama than is needed. Nation leaders need to sit down and agree on things before going to war, if they can't handle that then they don't deserve to be able to go to war. Sounds harsh, I admit. But if you can't handle going into a single battle without being at each others throats. Doesn't that show you're not mature enough to handle such a simple mechanic? 

The whole forced warclaim thing, nah... I don't say this because I belong to X, Y or Z. Forced warclaims always make people rage, causing more drama than is needed. Nation leaders need to sit down and agree on things before going to war, if they can't handle that then they don't deserve to be able to go to war. Sounds harsh, I admit. But if you can't handle going into a single battle without being at each others throats. Doesn't that show you're not mature enough to handle such a simple mechanic? 

I don't think warclaims really need to be forced, so much as you can't keep raiding someone and refusing all reasonable warclaims from them. It makes no sense to not allow them to retaliate in a fashion that makes sense for them, but they can keep being raided by fully equipped nation-organized groups of soldiers.

The only reason there is all these raids is not because of "such many rps about how we h8 other faction!!!!" but rather because that nation leaders just don't like the other said faction OOCly or whatever. I've never seen any RP leading up to this war besides "omg its oren, dirty nazi scum!!" and "mirtok conspiricy!!!!" Warclaims after warclaims have been denied, to which I don't understand. This war is just to prove who has the bigger ****, as each side is bent on destroying the other faction. Just have an open field battle and get it over with.

Also, back to the topic. I agree with it +111111

And then they can either accept the warclaim, or deny it and follow the same rules everyone else would and not participate in raids.

It's better than having a group deny a warclaim yet continue to raid every single day.

Heres the problem with that. 

You can insult people and provoke them especially behind OOC permed walls. They won't even need to raid, they just need to piss them off and find some way to get away with it especially through OOC. When the insulted nation plans to attack, they have to do it without having to deal with players raging, ban reports, if they some how manage to get around the region protections. When players found such creative ways to do it, they get threatened with ban reports, or there is still outcry even if they tried to follow mech standard.

You can warclaim the provoking nation, only for them to deny and continue to cause trouble.

Do you see what I mean? If you want to add more OOC restrictions or rules, find some way to keep players from hiding behind OOC barriers and abusing them to an extent.

Heres the problem with that. 

You can insult people and provoke them especially behind OOC permed walls. They won't even need to raid, they just need to piss them off and find some way to get away with it especially through OOC. When the insulted nation plans to attack, they have to do it without having to deal with players raging, ban reports, if they some how manage to get around the region protections. When players found such creative ways to do it, they get threatened with ban reports, or there is still outcry even if they tried to follow mech standard.

You can warclaim the provoking nation, only for them to deny and continue to cause trouble.

Do you see what I mean? If you want to add more OOC restrictions or rules, find some way to keep players from hiding behind OOC barriers and abusing them to an extent.

The insulted group can still raid within the rules, and the insulters will not be able to retaliate with any kind of force that matters.

"Rape RP is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a rapist stop raping constantly if you don't satisfy his needs? Just kill the rapist IC!" We block some things because they create an undesirable server environment.

Destroying RP in cities for hours at a time creates an undesirable server environment. Same logic.

No, we stop rape because rape is fucked up.

The insulted group can still raid within the rules, and the insulters will not be able to retaliate with any kind of force that matters.

They can still raid, but how can they retaliate when the insulters are hiding behind the 4th wall of OOC?

No.

That's literally making the high elves nigh-invincible.

The insults would be what PROVOKES the warclaim, so that at least the insulters could be shoved off their high horse through blood and steel.

If I called your mom a *****, would you not want at me for it? What if I did that repetitively? Over the course of about fifty to one-hundred years?

The "only raids can provoke" thing makes it so the high elves can declare war on everyone, but nobody can declare war on the high elves.

From what I can see, all the parties that are criticizing it aren't actually presenting points that contradict this idea.

This idea limits the ability of nations to raid then hide behind OOC barriers to avoid actual battles, while limiting the impacts of the raids that happen between battles. It allows for players who like war to actually have it when RP dictates it should, while also making those being raided more content with the way raids are conducted.

The ideas for rules about OOC dictating RP aren't usually bad just for the fact that they're OOC dictating RP, they're generally bad because they fail to make the game better. This rules creates more opportunity and allows more logical lines of RP to occur.

Why are you making war rules about the high elves? Things to note:

• All elves are together. So its 'all elves' not just 'high elves'.
  • We accepted a war claim 2 weeks ago. It isn't my fault DrakeHaze didn't want to do it with allies when obviously Vekaro is 30 blocks away.
  • The only people currently denying war claims are the dwarves, who burnt down the high elven library, attacked and slaughtered innocent Orenites and harbour impures 'for teh lulz' IC. Now you guys chain raid Oren and the Elves. We can't end the war because the Bloc won't accept a WC on anything but an impenetrable fort— So at least stop raiding because Oren has won the war you won't let them win.
If I called your mom a *****, would you not want at me for it? What if I did that repetitively? Over the course of about fifty to one-hundred years?

So accept the war claim offered to you as opposed to hiding behind craft-book bridges and the fact that no dwarves are ever online unless your raiding so you can't be raided? The issue is, the Bloc won't stop raiding places that generate RP in 3.5 because they're bored and don't RP much in their cities until 4.0 hits. All this does is cripple RP everywhere.

On top of all of this... Attacking elves OOC doesn't discredit my idea. All it does, Destroyer, is show you dislike the high elves.

But none of this matters because the rule isn't about dwarves, elves, orcs or flying potatoes. So randomly attacking one another achieves nothing.

Why are you making war rules about the high elves? Things to note:

• All elves are together. So its 'all elves' not just 'high elves'.
  • We accepted a war claim 2 weeks ago. It isn't my fault DrakeHaze didn't want to do it with allies when obviously Vekaro is 30 blocks away.
  • The only people currently denying war claims are the dwarves, who burnt down the high elven library, attacked and slaughtered innocent Orenites and harbour impures 'for teh lulz' IC. Now you guys chain raid Oren and the Elves. We can't end the war because the Bloc won't accept a WC on anything but an impenetrable fort— So at least stop raiding because Oren has won the war you won't let them win.

So accept the war claim offered to you as opposed to hiding behind craft-book bridges and the fact that no dwarves are ever online unless your raiding so you can't be raided? The issue is, the Bloc won't stop raiding places that generate RP in 3.5 because they're bored and don't RP much in their cities until 4.0 hits. All this does is cripple RP everywhere.

On top of all of this... Attacking elves OOC doesn't discredit my idea. All it does, Destroyer, is show you dislike the high elves.

But none of this matters because the rule isn't about dwarves, elves, orcs or flying potatoes. So randomly attacking one another achieves nothing.

A: The reason Drake didn't follow was because apparently all the Azogs are alts.

B: You've used barriers so, so many more times than the Bloc. I do not think you should be the one calling us out on that.

C: Your entire culture is centered on being gigantic assholes, who are almost acting like literal Nazis in RP, in the real world you and your culture and your city would be a smoking pile of ash akin to what Germany looked like near the end of World War 2

Come argue with me in PMs, if desired, Destroyer. You aren't adding anything to this thread and pointing out the flaws in your arguments is just generating needless content unrelated to the OP.

A: The reason Drake didn't follow was because apparently all the Azogs are alts.

B: You've used barriers so, so many more times than the Bloc. I do not think you should be the one calling us out on that.

C: Your entire culture is centered on being gigantic assholes, who are almost acting like literal Nazis in RP, in the real world you and your culture and your city would be a smoking pile of ash akin to what Germany looked like near the end of World War 2

A: The warclaim became open to all allies for either side: Null and void.

B: The High elves have been open to literally every warclaim that has occurred to them since Aegis, they've lost their cities to them before, even when the information "gained" was meta'd they went through with it.

C: Really this toxic behavior from you is unacceptable, might want to take a break and let your blood stop boiling before you make a post you'll regret.