Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

How does this make the elves more protected than they would prior to this change? I mean sure, raiders can stay longer and what constitutes a raid is slightly broadened, but those don't keep the high elves from getting raided any more than the current raid rules do.

They'll get protection ICly or better yet, they should just stop causing trouble and accept the consequences for stupid actions like everyone else. 

They'll get protection ICly or better yet, they should just stop causing trouble and accept the consequences for stupid actions like everyone else. 

The Elves have been Warclaimed twice by the Orcs in the Fringe, both times they have backed out of it. The High Elves aren't hiding, they're willing to suffer "Consequences" for roleplaying their characters as is lore abiding. In further reference to your comment about the high elves hiding behind impenetrable walls; have you seen the capital cities of the fringe? Don't single one side out (especially when the exact scenario is occurring in more than one place).

Are you guys for real? If someone proposes a valid set of changes to rules that are being blatantly abused, their character's position is used to determine the legitimacy of the suggestions? Grow up. How immature and off topic can you seriously get? If you have an issue with elven conduct, make a new thread about it. Please, stop clogging up a thread that's trying to address a valid issue. You're OOCly attacking one specific group, and the arguments you're making don't even make sense. Can GMs and FMs start warning and banning people for blatant OOC hate? That's what makes Lotc's forums such a toxic place.

The Elves have been Warclaimed twice by the Orcs in the Fringe, both times they have backed out of it. The High Elves aren't hiding, they're willing to suffer "Consequences" for roleplaying their characters as is lore abiding. In further reference to your comment about the high elves hiding behind impenetrable walls; have you seen the capital cities of the fringe? Don't single one side out (especially when the exact scenario is occurring in more than one place).

Yes, the exact scenario is happening in other areas. The reason I called out the OP on it because he stated such things when he and the rest of the elves provoked other settlements into attacking, and huddling behind their permed walls, safe from IC consequence. He's basically throwing stones from inside a glass house.

The elves can have their 60 block impenetrable walls, just don't complain when players are creative enough to get around the flaws of their city through legit MC mechanics. The walls weren't the problem. It was OOC complaining, OOC barriers, and unwritten and unclear server rules that made it frustrating for raiders to attack the elves. 

If you want me to state my point again. This 'Idea' is just another OOC barrier that benefits one group that is already full of OOC barriers as it is. No, I don't hate elves. No, I don't raid.

OOC restrictions are fine as long as there is some way to keep people from exploiting OOC walls for their own benefit.

People keep bringing up the high elves in this post. Allow me to be totally honest when I say these rules wont change how often the high elves are successfully raided at all. We've been successfully raided twice, at most three times for the whole duration of the fringe. Years of being raided as the easy target regardless of if the high elves provoke the other party have left us with such an understanding of walls that the only time people get in is when we leave ourselves vulnerable. Of the times people have raided the high elves:

• Once was because we left the gates open to let humans in during a battle. No complaints there.
  • Once was because we left the gates open to let other elves in. No complaints there.

There might be one more legit time but all the other ones were either repelled, happened because of glitches (boat gliders) or on the other elves who have an inferior understanding of walls.

The only elves hurt by the current rules are the wood and snow elves who have to deal with trolly shout emotes from hastily constructed towers which they have to watch to make sure people aren't jumping in from said towers— Totally destroying their RP.

If these raid rules are ignored or passed they won't affect my RP in the slightest. You can't raid us anyway— We've been raided to the point you can't raid us, and even when you do it doesn't bother us.

There are more high elves now than there have been since I joined the high elves. If you're trying to hurt the high elven player base with raids, I'm seeing an awful lot of high elves right now.

If you think I'm disadvantaged or upset with dealing with the "IC consequences to actions" you're sorely mistaken because every day there are more high elves (I'm fairly sure there are significantly more active ehigh elves in Haelun'or than dwarves in Kal'Akron or orcs in Krugmar).

tl;dr I don't care if you try to raid the high elves, you can't do it 90% of the time, 5% you need to glitch to get in and the other 5% is a "good job" moment where you beat the system and won.

You can't get over the walls. But you can try!

The elves can have their 60 block impenetrable walls, just don't complain when players are creative enough to get around the flaws of their city. The walls weren't the problem. It was OOC complaining, OOC barriers, and unwritten and unclear server rules that made it frustrating for raiders to attack the elves. 

If you want me to state my point again. This is just another OOC barrier that benefits one group that is already full of OOC barriers as it is.

If you /have/ to keep bouncing back to one off-topic point time after time, can you get your facts straight? Both warclaims didn't go through because the Orcs wanted to gang up on the Elves, whereas the Elves had Oren to help. Insult them IC if you want, but there was no OOC complaining and OOC barriers. Can I ask where you even get your information from? Do you just base it off what you read people saying, and automatically take it as truth? Because as has been explained more times that should be needed, your points are simply incorrect.

Cyndikate, the elves didn't deny the warclaim. They just wanted to bring allies. Is there anything wrong with that?? I don't think so??????????????????

Yes, the exact scenario is happening in other areas. The reason I called out the OP on it because he stated such things when he and the rest of the elves provoked other settlements into attacking, and huddling behind their permed walls, safe from IC consequence. He's basically throwing stones from inside a glass house.

The elves can have their 60 block impenetrable walls, just don't complain when players are creative enough to get around the flaws of their city through legit MC mechanics. The walls weren't the problem. It was OOC complaining, OOC barriers, and unwritten and unclear server rules that made it frustrating for raiders to attack the elves. 

If you want me to state my point again. This 'Idea' is just another OOC barrier that benefits one group that is already full of OOC barriers as it is. No, I don't hate elves. No, I don't raid.

OOC restrictions are fine as long as there is some way to keep people from exploiting OOC walls for their own benefit.

Have you been to Aatgard?

People keep bringing up the high elves in this post. Allow me to be totally honest when I say these rules wont change how often the high elves are successfully raided at all. We've been successfully raided twice, at most three times for the whole duration of the fringe. Years of being raided as the easy target regardless of if the high elves provoke the other party have left us with such an understanding of walls that the only time people get in is when we leave ourselves vulnerable. Of the times people have raided the high elves:

• Once was because we left the gates open to let humans in during a battle. No complaints there.
  • Once was because we left the gates open to let other elves in. No complaints there.

There might be one more legit time but all the other ones were either repelled, happened because of glitches (boat gliders) or on the other elves who have an inferior understanding of walls.

The only elves hurt by the current rules are the wood and snow elves who have to deal with trolly shout emotes from hastily constructed towers which they have to watch to make sure people aren't jumping in from said towers— Totally destroying their RP.

If these raid rules are ignored or passed they won't affect my RP in the slightest. You can't raid us anyway— We've been raided to the point you can't raid us, and even when you do it doesn't bother us.

There are more high elves now than there have been since I joined the high elves. If you're trying to hurt the high elven player base with raids, I'm seeing an awful lot of high elves right now.

If you think I'm disadvantaged or upset with dealing with the "IC consequences to actions" you're sorely mistaken because every day there are more high elves (I'm fairly sure there are significantly more active ehigh elves in Haelun'or than dwarves in Kal'Akron or orcs in Krugmar).

tl;dr I don't care if you try to raid the high elves, you can't do it 90% of the time, 5% you need to glitch to get in and the other 5% is a "good job" moment where you beat the system and won.

tumblr_me3vm1DRDm1qhszhwo1_500.gif

dc59f2bf4d5da829a3c8d9b8990c7304-loopgif

If you /have/ to keep bouncing back to one off-topic point time after time, can you get your facts straight? Both warclaims didn't go through because the Orcs wanted to gang up on the Elves, whereas the Elves had Oren to help. Insult them IC if you want, but there was no OOC complaining and OOC barriers. Can I ask where you even get your information from? Do you just base it off what you read people saying, and automatically take it as truth? Because as has been explained more times that should be needed, your points are simply incorrect.

I'm not even talking about the warclaim anymore.  

I'm done here. Carry on.

tumblr_n3xcy5sDKN1qbipv3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mmm0z5eAVG1qlrxk7o2_400.gif

Goddamn right hook baby!

wY5e63X.gif

I'm not even going to bother cleaning this up, as it at least seems to have cut the tension...

On topic though, yeah, I like the suggested rules, looks good, pls accept.

giphy.gif