Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

I completely agree.

Surpremacy, occupying a city is more roleplay than raiding. If you're going to sit there for 15 minute after they die, I'm relatively sure the raid is over, and you're doing something to **** them over in roleplay. I don't care if you want to go RP with your waifu in your city, you're going to need to deal with conflict eventually. A lot of people think avoiding all conflict RP is fun and immersive, but not for a lot of other people. It's not ruining your roleplay because they're occupying a city, it's ruining your roleplay because instead of roleplaying the occupation, you just want them to **** off so you don't have to even touch conflict roleplay. It's not hard to just throw minas at them till they leave or call upon your allies to drive them away if an occupation ever did happen, so I think it'd be rather pointless. Not to mention that trying to get into the gates or shouting things from outside the city could very well be a peaceful protest, even in armour..

That's just my opinion, anyway.

The high elves did blow the horn for assistance, but said assistance was routed very early on

responce to darkdragon: Nobody will stop complaining about RP that is not their cup of tea. And, if boat dismount negatng fall damage has been a thing since the dark ages, why has it not been removed for being an exploit?

I'm still opposed, even without accounting for "ooc hatred". I could easily hire some elves to raid me in order to kill the high elves. And, occupation rp is still rp. I, for one, actually rp'd during that raid (p.s. boats have negated fall damage upon dismount since the dark ages of minecraft)

That relies on the false assumption that the combined IQ of the moderation staff is approximately 6. Try something like that and the staff'll see right through it.

The high elves did blow the horn for assistance, but said assistance was routed very early on

responce to darkdragon: Nobody will stop complaining about RP that is not their cup of tea. And, if boat dismount negatng fall damage has been a thing since the dark ages, why has it not been removed for being an exploit?

Same reason other glitches haven't. Ask the minecraft dev team, not me, but are you seriously suggesting that using a boat to fall off of a cliff without taking damage makes sense?

By that logic, hitting people through lwc'ed doors should be allowed because 'it's not been removed'.

Same reason other glitches haven't. Ask the minecraft dev team, not me, but are you seriously suggesting that using a boat to fall off of a cliff without taking damage makes sense?

By that logic, hitting people through lwc'ed doors should be allowed because 'it's not been removed'.

It can be rationalized. Hitting people through doors, and blockjumping can not be rationalized as easily.

Sure it can: Block jumping is an evoked rock platform and hitting someone through a door is lockpicking the door.

I completely agree.

Surpremacy, occupying a city is more roleplay than raiding. If you're going to sit there for 15 minute after they die, I'm relatively sure the raid is over, and you're doing something to **** them over in roleplay. I don't care if you want to go RP with your waifu in your city, you're going to need to deal with conflict eventually. A lot of people think avoiding all conflict RP is fun and immersive, but not for a lot of other people. It's not ruining your roleplay because they're occupying a city, it's ruining your roleplay because instead of roleplaying the occupation, you just want them to **** off so you don't have to even touch conflict roleplay. It's not hard to just throw minas at them till they leave or call upon your allies to drive them away if an occupation ever did happen, so I think it'd be rather pointless. Not to mention that trying to get into the gates or shouting things from outside the city could very well be a peaceful protest, even in armour..

That's just my opinion, anyway.

Were it not for the fact that "occupations" usually involve sprintjumping around, shouting random crap in L-OOC and killing anyone who turns up.

Sure it can: Block jumping is an evoked rock platform and hitting someone through a door is lockpicking the door.

Block jumping is also rope, air evo, ice evo, all of the shamanisms bar fire, rock climbing, etc. etc.

Hitting through a door can be jabbing a spear through it, hitting the sword through the window, sticking your head in the sundered door and shouting "HEEEEEEER'S JOHNNY!" at the top of your lungs, etc. etc.

Boat gliders are only gliders. The staff does not have to decide on what it is, because it is only one thing, which most people will come to the conclusion of it being.

Block jumping is also rope, air evo, ice evo, all of the shamanisms bar fire, rock climbing, etc. etc.

Hitting through a door can be jabbing a spear through it, hitting the sword through the window, sticking your head in the sundered door and shouting "HEEEEEEER'S JOHNNY!" at the top of your lungs, etc. etc.

Boat gliders are only gliders. The staff does not have to decide on what it is, because it is only one thing, which most people will come to the conclusion of it being.

So, things that can be easily rationalized within the limits of LoTC are banned (Door-hitting, Block jumping), but something that can barely be rationalized through something that (Unless it's been changed) isn't allowed, shouldn't be?

If boats were intended to be used as gliders, they'd be called gliders.

And have wings.

Short version is that the admins don't agree with you that boat gliders are a thing and thus it's only a matter of time until someone gets angry and BRs start flying.

And if Minecraft was intended to be used for roleplay it would be a text based game, or called Roleplay.

Like Lago says though, admins' word goes.

And if Minecraft was intended to be used for roleplay it would be a text based game, or called Roleplay.

I don't see what point you're trying to make? I think it's clear to everyone that MC wasn't made with the express intent of being an RP platform. If anything, that fact adds to the argument that we have to add rules to facilitate roleplay on the medium. One such rule being that against exploitation.

My point was that even though something wasn't intended for something people do use it for, it doesn't demean from its possibility.

That is true, but in my opinion, something like the boat-exploit should be admin-approved before using it. The function of a boat is to be a boat - Anything it does that isn't boat-related should probably be done (at least on an rp-server) with a degree of caution. In this case, the Admins have, as Lego said, denied the legality of this particular exploit.

True. Problem is, all boat gliders will do is cause people to tear down mountains near their cities or make glass domes over them. I'd rather LotC had the ultimate shield rather than the ultimate sword.