[Discussion] In Game Genocide.

Watyll

Should genocide be allowed IC?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should genocide be allowed IC?

• Yes (Why)
    • No (Why)

Yeah I'm on the fence about this one, the snow elf community lost a really large portion of our playerbase after we were "genocided" however it provided alot of really great rp opportunities. We spent alot of time sitting in the Lindale tavern remembering the sack of Lindale. Although yes it isn't fair to have a small town like Lindale get utterly rofl stomped by vastly larger nations I don't really think lotc should be fair because that would result in some really lame rp. I think that regardless of the no PK rule you're going to lose a bunch of players when your race starts getting genocided because alot of people just don't want to deal with that kind of constant death. However the rp benefits to me seem to outweigh the negatives. An rp event like genocide will be remembered for a long time and prompt some really great feuds ands arguments long after it has passed. As long as the genocide is justified and not just a massive group of pvp junkies looking to kill some rpers with no pvp skill then yes we should have genocide but it would have to be consensual ooc or there would have to be a really good reason to force genocide. Such as assasinating the king or causing the plague etc.

How bad is the OOC tension between races right now? If Genocide was an option, the majority of the races would be locked within a month.

While it sounds like really fun and exciting for the people participating in wiping out an entire race, it'd be horrible and unfair for the other side. No one should have to PK just because a large group of people want them to

Why the **** not?

Because, large by large, it only provides RP for the opposing party. If the other party doesn't consent. Being selfish in roleplay isn't the moniker of a good community.

It's impossible to do because you can't PK another character, and the war rules prevent the destruction of their capital. Genocide is less of a possible course of action and more of a somewhat tasteless running joke.

Yeah, no.

It ruins RP communities.

If genocide was allowed on a massive scale, we would all be Oren.

8698.gif

**** Yeah, the 4th of July shall have their sacrifices!

Seen the Adunians lately? No?

NEITHER HAVE I

As part of a playerbase that was targeted for global genocide, it worked, and made an awful lot of very interesting RP for the survivors, but the methods of genocide in LOTC come down too

1. Land deprivation

2. Constant raiding

3. IC and OOC bullying

4. Conscious effort to make it a negative experience to play an Adunian OOCly.

Nah, it doesn't work in LOTC. A shame, though.

More like almost genocide, and only with a really good rp reason. For example, it's just a matter of time until someone snaps and pulverizes every single annoying Mali'Aheral they find. At the same time, it's just a matter of time before the Mali'Aheral start killing other subraces.

Seen the Adunians lately? No?

NEITHER HAVE I

As part of a playerbase that was targeted for global genocide, it worked, and made an awful lot of very interesting RP for the survivors, but the methods of genocide in LOTC come down too

1. Land deprivation

2. Constant raiding

3. IC and OOC bullying

4. Conscious effort to make it a negative experience to play an Adunian OOCly.

Nah, it doesn't work in LOTC. A shame, though.

This is directed towards both the Snow Elves and the Adunians.

If you're going to RP your own independent nation. DO NOT **** WITH THE LARGER NATIONS. Acting tough got you both where you are now. It is up for you to learn from these mistakes and make anew by holding a more neutral stance.

My character was killed a few times a while back solely because he was an Orc. It got old real fast. On a large scale, it'd just be outrageous, so many people would be upset. Think White Rose vs. Elves x 10. It's not really fair to destroy anyone's RP, let alone a whole race's.

Genocides are fine if its done for the RP of both sides. You have to take into account if both sides are enjoying the situation. If not then at least try to find a way to make it enjoyable for all instead of saying "deal with it." All in all genocides can either create awesome RP or literally make people hate each other OOCly. It's a hit and miss from what I've seen!

Genocides are fine if its done for the RP of both sides. You have to take into account if both sides are enjoying the situation. If not then at least try to find a way to make it enjoyable for all instead of saying "deal with it." All in all genocides can either create awesome RP or literally make people hate each other OOCly. It's a hit and miss from what I've seen!

It's mainly the fact that people hate losing. The orcs pretty much preformed genocide on Salvus when they and every other nation on the server sieged Kingston. We didn't whine or complain like the Snow Elves and Adunians did. We shrugged our shoulders and said good game. Nothing more to it and we continued to RP. People need to learn to stop taking things and their items and characters so seriously. Things happen in RP. Deal with it in RP. Not everyone can be happy in the end.

Genocides are fine if its done for the RP of both sides. You have to take into account if both sides are enjoying the situation.

Do you actually envisage a situation where the attempt of one side to wholly and permanently wipe out the RP of the other is going to be mutually enjoyable?

Do you actually envisage a situation where the attempt of one side to wholly and permanently wipe out the RP of the other is going to be mutually enjoyable?

See my point? Genocides really aren't ever going to be "fine" because of this. It doesn't mean we should outlaw them. I just don't think we should necessarily support them either.