[Discussion] In Game Genocide.

Watyll

Should genocide be allowed IC?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should genocide be allowed IC?

• Yes (Why)
    • No (Why)

As long as it doesn't involve cybering or metagaming of some sort, I don't really see why we should be restricting any RP.

However, genocide is prevented by the most basic of server mechanics, respawning and character creation. You can bully a playerbase off the server by raiding them constantly if so inclined (or you could before the elves invented walls) but you can't prevent them from respawning and you can't prevent more players making characters of that race. And if you do manage to harass a playerbase to the point where they don't want to play any more it's likely the powers that be will start changing rules to prevent you from doing so any more.

The only way to remove a race is either for nobody to want to play it (not gonna happen) or for The Great Staff Hammer to remove it from the server. And for people saying that OOC restrictions on RP are bad, supporting the OOC removal of a whole race is the epitomy of hypocrisy.

Yeah I'm on the fence about this one, the snow elf community lost a really large portion of our playerbase after we were "genocided" however it provided alot of really great rp opportunities. We

You weren't genocided, your city was sacked and destroyed. If the Snow Elves had experienced genocide then you wouldn't be RPing in Lindale because there'd be a staff order banning you from playing Snow Elves, because they'd all be dead.

I reckon if a race wants to commit genocide on another, the two leaders should talk about it in ooc and agree to specific terms on how it will progress and how it will be done. That way, you make sure it's not a load of bullshit, and players don't complain, feel bad, or leave.

You're aware you've suggested here that a race's nation leader gets to dictate if every member of that race can play their character or not if they lose? For example, SupremacyOps gets to agree terms to the removal of the Elf race from the server and the force PK of all elves.

Guys, look at this idea again, long and hard. It's asking for the ability to arbitrarily delete a whole race from the server based on a couple of warclaims. The admins are never going to implement that, and any discussion of it just serves to brew argument.

In other news, Watyll, your current username is probably the least tasteful one from a legitimate member I've ever seen on this server. And that's saying something.

RIP The Aegis-era attempt to genocide Orcs!

027_Rycerze_Zakonu_Krzy%C5%BCackiego.jpg

I didn't even receive a copy of Crusader Kings II from Mogroka for the Teutonic Order's good deed that day :(

Oh, the attempt makes good RP. But you can do that anyway, hell, you could log in and do it right now. This thread isn't about the attempt though, it's asking for a rule saying "if you win these battles force PK all orcs forever."

Many groups have been wiped out over the history of the server, but that's because their players decided to stop playing them (or did so more stealthily). If a group has the determination and tenacity to keep going though, a GM is not going to wander over and ban them all for playing their characters because "they won a genocide warclaim against some of your race".

Lago speaks sweet words of wisdom yet again. It would be silly to allow genocide, as not matter how it's implemented, it causes huge encumbrances on a group that, frankly, are entirely unacceptable for a collaborative community.

i support the ebb and flow of roleplay kinda like social darwinism in a sense basically if you arent cool and strong youre gonna die no place in the world for the weak!

Certainly they hunted the Dark Elves for sport, but I'm also fairly sure that the WR had no intention of genocide or forcing PK.

and haha see people do understand us!

No. It does sound fun in roleplay standards, but forcing someone to PK, no thanks. Not to mention, Humans already PvP default anything that moves, I'd rather not add another excuse for them to start a war.