Addition To Shade Magic

Moot

Perhaps instead of making any additions to shades.

Go do more things... Shades keep it a secret and that does not make it very fun for anyone you could be a very interesting player antag but all i'm seeing is assimilating yourselves into society as if you were never infected with the parasite. That creates very little Rp instead of that go cause so chaos burn down a city or something.

ALSO fix the notorious problem with shades that powergame

Go do more things... Shades keep it a secret and that does not make it very fun for anyone you could be a very interesting player antag but all i'm seeing is assimilating yourselves into society as if you were never infected with the parasite. That creates very little Rp instead of that go cause so chaos burn down a city or something.

Many of us attempt to live semi-normal lives because hiding the fact that you are a Shade is simple enough, and it's normally preferable to being hunted down constantly. Shades have never been the "Let's go burn down a city!" Generally, we take on a more deceitful approach to things instead a rather heavy-handed and upfront one. ((At least we try to.)) This provides its own kind of role-play, no? Also, it's impossible for us to deal with PG unless we can get names and screenshots, in which case they're dealt with accordingly.

"Go do more things" isn't about this addition. It's also unwise to make comments about a group, specially when you're unaware of their inner functions. I'd prefer the Shades to actually effectively blend in, then cause chaos when their Shade Father commands it, rather then them rubbing their hands in puplic going "heheheh, I'm soooo evil".

If there is a Shade PGing, notify me. I'm currently aware of a single large case of PGing, and that was dealt with. Do PM if required.

Read this. 
http://easydamus.com/chaoticevil.html
you should all be chaotic evil so act that way this website goes in detail on how they should act.

Currently you are acting more like a Chaotic neutral to Lawful evil so read up it has plenty of rules and guidelines on how to be chaotic evil

Cannot remember who it was, but mainly that is what my other friends tell me

Shade wasn't created to create a player-ran antag, it's a magic. A well looked after magic now with Moot in lead; as Moot has said above send him PM's with any cases of power gaming. Other than that, our characters can defy the Shade for a certain amount of time. It generally depends on your characters willpower. We all RP the Shade curse.

We know what chaotic evil means. The Shade is Chaotic Evil, not the person itself.

but mainly that is what my other friends tell me

lol

No, but really, Shades are leaned towards Chaotic Neutral, as explained in the lore, not just being evil.

I am vehemently against Shade magic, but mostly because it is bland and cliched. Since this actually seems like a pretty neat addition, you get my +1. :D

Since magic lore is one of the more difficult lores to get approved I think shades should still go and do something similar to this until LMs approve it.

Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't the shade taint the land/continue tainting it to cause the same effect? Or do that to an individual? Not a solution but a temporary fix if you wanna RP this right away.

got a great story of a 1v7 and the shade won XD

Then go ahead and elaborate. Making senseless, supposedly-witty quips about powergaming stories and laughing it off with an 'XD' isn't helpful or productive to this discussion in the slightest. If you really have a story about some shade player who was massively powergaming, then go ahead and privately message Moot or another prominent shade like myself with your concern and we'd be happy to investigate and deal with the issue accordingly. 

I would just like to note that the majority of Hydra's argument does come from (From the perspective of a former shade) that he failed to become a shade ICly at first. And then resorted to OOC in an effort to make his own shade gem and force his way into the magic that way (didn't work). It seems like the majority of his gripe might extend from this as it appears as though the majority of his gripes are pretty straw-man and lack actual any sort of substance other than: "This is dumb."

I mean no offense by any of this nor do I mean to be abusive, but it appears as though this is the subtext, not the magic itself.

EDIT: I'm going to add an actual argument onto this as well just to address a point.

The shades (or rather the host) is extremely paranoid, the shade is basically a more violent and wicked form of schizophrenia that causes the user to become secretive, anti-social and anxiety-ridden. Most of the shades do give into these subliminal tortures and cause chaos, however from IC most of the shades that were chosen to be shades by my character, Malineer. Were those that excelled in manipulation, it is a large cut that to cause a short burst of madness and it will hurt. But a more terrible affliction comes from a wound that is infected.

This is why the shades are secretive, they don't provide antagonistic roleplay in the traditional sense, most of them pride themselves oocly on having their characters manipulate and cause subtle, festering damage.

Read this.

http://easydamus.com/chaoticevil.html

you should all be chaotic evil so act that way this website goes in detail on how they should act.

Currently you are acting more like a Chaotic neutral to Lawful evil so read up it has plenty of rules and guidelines on how to be chaotic evil

Cannot remember who it was, but mainly that is what my other friends tell me

Chaotic neutral was the intent. Shades don't have to be evil.

Kalifa's right, you know. Shades are just chaotic. Not good, not evil, just chaotic. This makes them 'Chaotic Neutral' in allignement.

I'm sorry to say that the lore was taken to vote by the Lore Masters and was denied. Besides the problems in the writing of the lore, considering not much is written about the affects of the Shadow in the person and the fact that these same effects would have an AOE effect if placed on an object, the main problem would come from the reason stated for wanting this adition. Causing chaos without killing someone.

Causing chaos is done by the roleplay you create. You can use a knife to peel an apple, or to stab a man. You have to be creative with what you have.

I hope you understand, and happy rp'ing.

I'm sorry to say that the lore was taken to vote by the Lore Masters and was denied. Besides the problems in the writing of the lore, considering not much is written about the affects of the Shadow in the person and the fact that these same effects would have an AOE effect if placed on an object, the main problem would come from the reason stated for wanting this adition. Causing chaos without killing someone.

Causing chaos is done by the roleplay you create. You can use a knife to peel an apple, or to stab a man. You have to be creative with what you have.

I hope you understand, and happy rp'ing.

We have the ability to manipulate tainted aura. And we're able to mix taint into our regular Void magics, making them look dark. We have one ability, only one. This one real ability is for combative use, (mixing magics is really aesthetics) this OP argument is moot.

The Haunt would be defined as enveloping someone in tainted aura (which has a dreadful effect attached to it as it is), leave something relative to a leech on said person. This "leech" would rest on the victim, and it'd continue to form the victims own aura into tainted aura, so that it'd cause a constant dreadful effect on the one being effected. As stated before, the "dark whispers" is considered a sense of unease, or torment.

If you want a further indepth awnser as to what it is- As Rilath would be considered the most purest form of a Shade, as Iblees made him, we regular Shades would be considered Bastard Shades in comparison. Rilath used the gift he had gotten, and tried to give it to others. As he doesn't posses Iblees deity powers, what he made was an impure version of what he was. So current Shades aren't really a "Shade", but only posses one, which inherently curses them. So I thought it would be logical enough that Shades would be capable of purposely watering down the Shade their implanting in people, creating a very weak Bastard Shade so that they could curse others without risking their secrets.

The Haunt began as a regular Shade, only that it was so weak it's incapable of manipulating the tainted aura it makes. We change the name from bastard Shade, to Haunt.

Yes, chaos is done via Roleplay. But Shades are chaos incarnate. You'd imagine it'd offer some abilities to help us achieve it. In this case, tendrils don't make choas, it'd be the actions of the player. Not the spells or magic, the players. It'd be nice to have an ability to help with it.