Addition To Shade Magic

Moot

This addition is super simple, and is to provide an alternative for Shades to cause chaos, without killing someone.

The Haunt

Through the Shade within the host, the host and the Shade itself can bestow someone with a small subservient of the being itself. This would implant unto their soul, cascading the negative effects of the Shade upon the afflicted, whereas there will be no positives to the parasitism. Referred to as a Shadow, it is an eviscerated version of the Shade, unable to do much more than torment the person and bend them to their will. Attempting to do this, the entity itself will never be able to empower itself and be trapped within the soul of the host. Said Shadow can be cleansed by that of a holy healer, dispelling and removing the scar upon the soul. Since this Haunt isn't capable of being self-sufficient, it'd only last three Elven days.

This is also capable of being enchanted onto an object for an AOE effect. To it's capable of "haunting" a house. An enchanter would be able to make a mana gem, implant the Haunt, then leave it in a home. When it's found (which a sign will be left to be found) the stone can either be nullified by a Cleric, or simply destroyed. Enchanting a Haunt is quite simple to remove once found.

Once more, this addition is all about offering an alternative for Shades. I'd like to cause chaos without having to kill someone. Id provide more RP for all parties evolved!

this is why we need -1s again.................

Seems like a really good idea, Kalameet. Will definitely add a lot more to shade RP!

Shades are OP as it is...

Also you did not note the distance of the gem so it could be easily abused...

so if I were to place on in the center of town would all the inhabitants be Haunts

p.s. You should add ooc player consent 

Shades are OP as it is...

Also you did not note the distance of the gem so it could be easily abused...

Shades aren't really OP, honestly. Body-swapping was taken out, Shade fire was nerfed to the point where it's normal (just black) fire.

As for the distance- that'd be at the digression of the enchanter. Clearly common sense in regards to Alteration would apply.

Edit: As for OOC consent- I'd not be against it, however, why would you willing deny the opportunity for RP? All you have to do is seek a cleric, and have it cleansed. If the LM would like OOC consent, sure. But I'd suggest otherwise.

Shades aren't really OP, honestly. Body-swapping was taken out, Shade fire was nerfed to the point where it's normal (just black) fire.

As for the distance- that'd be at the digression of the enchanter. Clearly common sense in regards to Alteration would apply.

One emote tendrils are really OP and from your guide on alteration it is vary vague on how powerful an enchanter could be

This looks like it'd be pretty neat. Perhaps add a time limit for how long someone can be affected by a Haunt before it wears off, for the sake of balance.

One emote tendrils are really OP and from your guide on alteration it is vary vague on how powerful an enchant could be

Eer, One emote tendrils would be considered PG.

This looks like it'd be pretty neat. Perhaps add a time limit for how long someone can be affected by a Haunt before it wears off, for the sake of balance.

A time limit? I suppose that could possibly be arranged, as it is reasonable.

I think it would be an interesting addition to shades. You get a +1 from me. It is a generally harmless (in terms of killing or harming) tool that could be great for RP. The only thing is that some people if you apply it to their souls might not RP it. Aswell, if it were an enchantment and put in certain places it would seem more like an event monster as it would have to be RP'd regularly if it were to have any effect. And something the creator would most likely have to do rather than the victim ICly. It may be a task to do it. My only question though, is if it were made into an enchantment. What happens does it affect people around? Does it act similiar to that of a ghost say in a house? Where all would see it? Or would it just corrupt and deteriorate minds of those around? 

This could create grand RP, +1.

If enchanted onto a mana gem, it'd act as an AOE. Exactly the same as it'd be on a single person. It'd provide dark whispers, and a dreadful vibe to the areas. This is purely to provide Roleplay, and is fully incapable of killing someone.

Like mentioned- This is to cause chaos without the need to kill people!

PM the issues, maybe I can fix some of them!

My main concern would be the way I see shades RP. They're not particularly open about what they are, let alone how they work, so them implanting a mini-shade and risking a greater understanding from a random guy (and obligatory argument of meta) without actually making them a shade just doesn't seem like something they'd do. Let alone the house-haunting, for similar reasons.

It's interesting, though. If you'd actually use it idc yolo go for it

My main concern would be the way I see shades RP. They're not particularly open about what they are, let alone how they work, so them implanting a mini-shade and risking a greater understanding from a random guy (and obligatory argument of meta) without actually making them a shade just doesn't seem like something they'd do. Let alone the house-haunting, for similar reasons.

It's interesting, though. If you'd actually use it idc yolo go for it

This Haunt would be defined as "A feeling of dread, dark whispers in ones perception, and an overall unease once effected". This would be treated like a curse of sorts, mainly used to offer a way of causing chaos (as Shade magic is mainly about killing, with little other ways of causing choas).

+1. This would create more RP for Shades, the victims, and get clerics more involved in the world.

The Haunt

Referred to as a Shadow, it is an eviscerated version of the Shade, unable to do much more than torment the person and bend them to their will. 

TIL shades are my over demanding asian mother.