The Living Puppet (Soul Puppetry Addition)

E__V__O

The living puppet (soul puppetry addition)

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/93739-lore-magic-complete-repost-soul-puppetry/

(Link to original lore)

human-puppet.jpg

Title:

The living puppet

Small description:

Soul puppetry uses puppets for the curses to work, this would use a living puppet, a person. An example would be making a “living puppet” out of an elf.

Information:

Soul puppetry first uses puppets made from various materials depending on the tier you have reached. An example, “A flesh and bone puppet”, where you can get flesh and bones from an animal or a person to then mold into the form of the selected race, to use the curses on them when you’ve connected the puppet to the user.

This will use a more advanced version of this. You need a living host of the same race as your victim, a “Living Puppet”.

Why?:

Well having a living puppet over an flesh and bone puppet can be easily determined by “Size and ratio,” meaning you can do more precise curses on areas. Though why not make a bigger flesh and bone puppet? Having a living puppet can be more useful to you, be it mobility or a stronger curse.

Think of it as this. If you do the physical wound on the “living puppet” you can see the pain the victim would be going through on the “living puppet” in front of you, than on an unmoving and un-reacting flesh and bone puppet.

Now another reason ‘why’ is because the physical and emotional pain will be transferred from the “living puppet” to the cursed victim. This meaning, if you ‘stab’ the living puppet on the leg, the victim would feel the stab and his own emotional pain. Though he/she would feel the physical and emotional pain of the “Living puppet” this means it doubles the pain both emotionally and physically. This works with all the curses you have to offer.

How to use?:

The “Living Puppets” can only be used to the puppeteers who’ve reached the rank, master.

From this they can use the newly discovered art of “material puppets” which is

As you master this art you begin to meddle with curses that have -magical- effects.  Each effect is based on the material of the puppet you create. 

Meaning, that since this is a “living puppet” of the same race, it would work as a new ‘material’ to help inflict curses. To create the “Living puppet” you can use the method on how you connect and create to any other puppet.

For the connection to break, you need a cleric to break it of course. If the puppeteer or bystander breaks the connection they need to kill the “Living Puppet” which might  kill the victim also if they were under heavy to extreme trauma. So you would need a cleric or the connection to break normally (When the RP is finished)

Add-on:

If the “living puppet” is not restrained, they can still move and even run away from you, you’ll lose your puppet so don’t let this happen!

Also the puppeteer can also use himself/herself as the “Living puppet” Though this means this would also apply the 10% curse effect added on.

The Mark:

The “living puppet” will be scared with a mark while the connection holds on a part of their body.

It would look like:

33yoq6u.jpg

The Distance: 

The "Living Puppet" can be used at any range, though the effect to transfer the pain being felt by the "living puppet" to the victim added with the curses they are experiencing needs to be within a 100 block limit.

This means, curses can be done from any range though for the victim to also feel the pain of the "Living Puppet" they need to be within this distance.

Advantages / Disadvantages:

Pros:

1. Curses have double the effect.

2. Killing the “living puppet” might kill the victim if under extreme trauma.

3. More fear to Soul Puppeteers.

4. Affecting two people with the same curse, the “living puppet” and the victim at the same time.

Cons:

1. Need to find a “living puppet” as the same race as your victim.

2. Need to restrain the “living  puppet” so he/she does not walk/run away.

3. Breaking the connection by force kills both the “Living puppet” and the victim, unless done by a cleric.

4. Need to get victim’s blood into the “living puppet” to make the connection.

5. The puppeteer still gets the 10% curse effect.

6. needs to be within a 100 block limit for the pain to transfer from the "Living Puppet" to the victim added on with the curse they are experiencing.

Credits:

ttwesten, for main idea and lore creator.

Thefactcore for suggestive ideas.

Jistuma for grammar edits and ideas.

Xiryks for Grammar edits.

yus please

What.

I... Don't see why it's necessary...?

EDIT:

Let me amend my statement.

I don't see why compounding onto existing magics to increase it's complexity and raise the amount of reading an average player has to do. Outside of small groups this is useless and if it's only within small groups then I don't want to even consider it.

Make Magic types simpler, not more complex.

How does this work if someone is mixed blood? Concerning both main races and mixed subraces.

What.

I... Don't see why it's necessary...?

EDIT:

Let me amend my statement.

I don't see why compounding onto existing magics to increase it's complexity and raise the amount of reading an average player has to do. Outside of small groups this is useless and if it's only within small groups then I don't want to even consider it.

Make Magic types simpler, not more complex.

With why it is necessary, it is an addition to what the master puppeteers can muster then create 'material' type puppets and use living things. Which is a good edition to effect players in different ways. This also can cause twice the amount of the curse on the victim. 

Example would be "Making the "Living puppet" feel like they are witnessing the true horror. Which then would move onto the victim feeling HIS true horror then the TRUE horror of the "Living puppet".

With making the magic more complex, I do not think such but giving it more possibilities to role play the said soul puppetry magic. Which can enhance role play of soul puppeteers and the people around them.

How does this work if someone is mixed blood? Concerning both main races and mixed subraces.

If someone has mixed blood, half elf, half human, they would need another body of half elf half human for the "living puppet". Though this is also needed for the other non "living puppets". To get the properties of the victim. 

Honestly, I don't see reason why to add on to soul puppetry. The magic itself is already powerful as is.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice concept and I like the idea, but it gives way too much power to those who practice soul puppetry already and I don't see why it needs to be added to it. Plus with the designated stab area's, you can already execute that with a regular puppet via using a needle, which in size comparison to the put, would practically be a sword.

Honestly, I don't see reason why to add on to soul puppetry. The magic itself is already powerful as is.

Soul Puppetry, is what you call "powerful" though I would say that with the people that have the magic, they do not use it so powerfully and give people a chance to counter and resist. Meaning you always have a chance, at least this is what I have always seen when noticing a soul puppeteer. Though being overall powerful? I would have to disagree.

Now being to this addition, adding to the problem of making them more 'powerful' well no. Creating a 'living' puppet doesn't do anything but make it harder for the puppeteer to use curses on, for one they would be unable to be that mobile, meaning stationary the majority of the time. The only real benefit would be the transfer of the "living puppets" pain to the victim added onto his own. Apart from this it acts as any other puppet in soul puppetry. So really this can be a "buff" or "debuff" depending your view. Though it is as much as both.

That stated the master puppeteers would only be able to preform this, and as stated above the majority I know don't "run off to far distant" lands and preform soul puppetry but at least 20 or 50 blocks away, giving you a fair chance, being with this added on not being mobile you can find them easily.

I guess it is how you just view things, though added if this is a huge buff. Is something I cannot see. Just adding another puppet to preform curses on.

The post has been edited adding in "distance". This is to make sure people can experience fair play between the victim and puppeteer so they have a chance to find them. 

question ~ What about those who's form has changed such as liches, scourge born, and frost witches?

It won't affect them, essentially.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been taken to a vote by the Lore Masters and has been denied.

Mostly, the team believes that accepting the lore will add to complicate the magic, and not add much with it.