Ticklemancy

TavernLich

Ticklemancy, the Real Dark Magic

*Didn't know if this followed lore and the mechanical standard so I'm posting it here. Also, I am probably gonna get a bunch of "No God! Please no!! NOOOO!!!" But, I believe this could bring alot of interesting RP, mainly peaceful RP, as this magic is all for the basis of non-combat magic and for some good laughs , which, I feel, the server is lacking and is largely overwhelmed with "pew! pews!" If you post something that you don't like about it, I would prefer that you post constructively and give useful feedback, thanks!*

Origins:

In the beginning people have sought out the darkest of magics, the foulest of things and the most unpleasant of the realm. Little did they know it was right underneath their greedy noses, hiding in a mask of belittlement... Ticklemancy, the art of a REAL dark lord. Ticklemancy is the act of compelling sudden bursts of laughter and to cause an itching sensation physically and theoretically, mentally. This magic was usually used amongst the vilest of munchkins and elves, in accordance to their nature, many of their kind find it akin to their personality. The magic is rather simple if one really thought about it, the user simply exerts focus and concentration on the victim and the desired area, soon an itching sensation would be felt on the area, growing to that of, well, a tickle, for lack of better words. This magic has long since been lost during the years and has recently been uncovered through experimentation, thus its darkest secrets have been lost over the sands of time, with the little information left, Ticklemancy was born anew.

The Magic Itself and Stuff:

In a nutshell, the magic is basically the act of extending your hand to be able to tickle someone with some concentration of course. Now I put this here because I wasn't sure if it fit the lore and mechanical standards. Firstly, a normal person can tickle someone and all that, but I am not the most experienced with the mechanical standard so I just put this up, also, the thing I really am not sure about is whether this fits in with current lore and does not intertwine with it and/ or go against it. 

A Channeling Device:

What is a channeling device? Well a channeling device is simply an object used by a Ticklemancer, as what I will call them, to better their craft. It is to allow more proficient and advanced spells to be used under the will of a Ticklemancer. The device can be anything, but is usually represented as an object related to the act of tickling (Yeah, that sounds weird). For example, it can be a feather, or if the Ticklemancer wishes, they can choose what they would like, some use a cane, a book even, etc, etc.  The object would then be shaked, moved about or any manor of a "tell" as which others can see they are trying to do something. The usual "tell" with the twitching body parts (usually fingers) still applies, this is just to show that the person is using a channeling device.

The Tickle Effect Rule:

Basically the rule is that a Ticklemancer can only tickle someone with what they can do normally. Meaning there are no "super tickles" that makes someone die from laughter. Rather than their tickling getting more effective, a Ticklemancer's stamina and the amount of areas they can tickle are increased, which will be explained through the use of a tier system (yes, I know they don't exist, just using it as a way to measure).

The second rule is that a Ticklemancer's magic affects some people lesser than others, logically a hardened orc warrior would be harder to tickle or compelled to feel the tickling sensation than a halfling. 

*Do note that if this is implemented, it will require that someone wanting to learn this read a tome or be taught*

Roleplay Examples:

Novice: 

Rumble ducks beneath the counter top as the barkeep arrives, smiling he bobs his head for a view.

As the barkeep turns, Rumble quickly dusts himself off, as he straightens his posture he sets his right hand before him, his fingers twitching...

His hand still out, with a series of waves and strokes, he grins, still keeping his eye on the barkeep.

The barkeep suddenly feels as if a hand begins stroking his back, he turns to see nothing behind him.

Rumble sighs, a grin still stretch wide across his face as he ducks back down, beads of sweat dripping down his face as he exits the inn.

Advanced:

Alciel walks down the path, a slight chill escaping through his tunic as he turns around in sudden paranoia, seeing nothing but a small rat shuffling out of his view.

He smiles as he turns around, only to be met by a smiling bandit before him.

Alciel yelps as he stumbles away from the villain, he slowly reaches into his pocket as the man approaches him.

Standing just an arrow's width away from the man, he draws a sword, orientating its tip to Alciel's throat, "Back! Minas or die!

Alciel quickly draws a small feather as the man threatens him, "Away! Less you feel the wrath of The Tickler!"

The bandit chuckles aloud, "The Tickler?" He laughs, slightly lowering his posture as he laughs aloud, thinking little of the belittled Alciel.

Alciel waves the feather around, swishing back and forth as the bandit continues to pay him little attention, Alciel still keeping his eye on the man as his finger twitches.

The bandit continues to laugh as Alciel waves his finger through the air. He wipes a tear of his squinting eyes as he sputters insults at Alciel, struggling not to laugh at what surely was a joke.

The bandit's brows furrows as he feels a sensation of a person's hand rubbing against his side, seeing Alciel wave his feather about, laughing uncontrollably as he stares at Alciel.

The bandit shakes himself, freeing himself of Alciel's magic, "Ye' lil scum! You'll die fer taht!"

Alciel's eyes widen, clearing his throat as his posture drops slightly downward before scurrying away from the screaming bandit. 

*Do note that this roleplay can be shortened down, the lengthened example is just for the sake of detail, also that a ticklemancer can only ever tickle two areas, one area for each hand*

Red Lines:

- They can only tickle

- No death tickles. I guess this can be used to attack people, but remember you can only tickle them like you would normally with non-magic means.

- You can't just tickle everyone, some are just harder to do so than others.

That's it thanks for reading! Note, after giving it some thought this can be used for "combative" purposes, but it is very limited, as it is, it can only be used to tickle someone. Meaning if you were to try to use it for combative uses, you would have to be creative with what you have. Thanks Elindor for helping me out quite a bit!

text color tho. you fixed it

Also, while I do find this a bit funny, I'm fairly certain illusion can already do that...I should have used that in fights when I used illusion before...

Still better than beardmancy.

mmff. That made me physically uncomfortable while reading, bravo.

I suppose this can be done with illusion though.

Wait, this was serious? :O

But really, lol. I don't think this has any down side to the server ;P

Wait, this was serious? :O

But really, lol. I don't think this has any down side to the server ;P

I don't know, is it? Is this a dream? What if we are personas and are actually in a computer? And those people playing us were in a computer, and so forth? Mind blown yet m8?!?!

text color tho. you fixed it

Also, while I do find this a bit funny, I'm fairly certain illusion can already do that...I should have used that in fights when I used illusion before...

I indeed got confirmation from a much more experienced illusionist than I just now. You can do all of this with illusion magic.

Anyways so Ed this abide to lore? And the mech standard? Also, now I know why illusion is the scourge of all magic ideas, everything can be done with it.

Anyways so Ed this abide to lore? And the mech standard? Also, now I know why illusion is the scourge of all magic ideas, everything can be done with it.

That's...honestly not a mature response at all.

Tis' a Jest (or jess, I'm not really certain) the point is that after thinking about it, illusion has always been able to do lots of things.

Tis' a Jest (or jess, I'm not really certain) the point is that after thinking about it, illusion has always been able to do lots of things.

Oh. Sorry, my mistake. I just figured it'd be fine to tell you and that you probably had fun writing it. Gave me a laugh with the title alone.

+1

Also, now I know why illusion is the scourge of all magic ideas, everything can be done with it.

Yeah no, illusion can only do things that you have experienced. And it doesn't do any physical damage. Plus, there are ways to counter it, it's not as great as it seems.

That being said, I do love whimsical magic and while this isn't exactly needed, I still like it. +1

If this gets implemented I would prefer it classified as a whimsical magic, although this can be technically used in a fight with creative means, I prefer it be used for non-combative means for the most part, thanks.

I would say make it an actual tickle and not the impression of tickling. Because mental magic can already do that, and to some small extent, illusion too.

So it will work on any living thing, whether it has enough brain to accept an illusion or not, because this wouldn't be an illusion.

I would also add that the simplest way to think of this is that it is an extension of the user's hands. Though invisible and can be cast on any area. So perhaps a skilled ticklemaster can up the potency by pulling out a feather...?

(The magic would then also require a very small warning that any use of this for acts that are in a FadeToBlack scenario are to be treated the same as if you actually did them. PG13.)