Love Potions: Redone And Unrapified

Nemoy2001

I've heard tell about Love Potions being banned recently, and I'd like to offer a solution.

So here we are, my Love Potions Rules and Regulations:

• The target must be past puberty.
  • The target must already have some sort of attraction to you, to base the spell off of.

The potions will also be divided into Tiers:

Tier One Potions

• Only works on people who already have a crush on you.
  • Does not override their pre-existing opinions and logic.
  • Must be enchanted by a Tier 2 Illusionist or above.

Tier Two Potions

• Only works on people who are already attracted towards you.
  • Does not override pre-existing opinions or logic.
  • Must be enchanted by a Tier 2 Illusionist or above.

Tier Three Potions

• Only works on people who have a slight attraction towards you
  • Overrides pre-existing opinions and logic.
  • Must be enchanted by a Tier 3 Illusionist or above.

Tier Four Potions

• Only works on people who have a slight attraction towards you.
  • Overrides all existing opinions and logic, including self-preservation.
  • Must be enchanted by a Master Illusionist.
  • Lasts for a maximum of 1 ingame year.

the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.

Definiton of rape. Using a love potion to confuse or distract someone's mental ability to pick who to 'do it' with , is rape. Attraction or not , Love potions are basically rape-in-a-bottle , no matter how you write it or use it.

I'm afraid what atoa has said is correct, love potions are not allowed because they may provoke a character's unwillingness in doing sexual things, even if as simple as kissing, but going as far as having intercourse.

I'll leave the thread alive a few more hours, but this idea simply has to be denied. Sorry.

Exactly as they've stated- The only reason I could see this possibly being accepted is that this: 

• Does not override their pre-existing opinions and logic.

Remains present throughout all 'tiers'. Then logically they could refuse.

But hey, why not actually do romantic stuff instead of forcing an opinion onto a character, forcing them to like you? 

It'd be a lot more rewarding to actually earn love than craft it.

Even though its been denied I want to give you a tip that will help you in future.

Since Love potions are potions which are Alchemically made they would fall under the Alchemy lore. You didn't include any alchemy lore in this. In the future just research your topic a little bit.

Tier Four Potions

• Only works on people who have a slight attraction towards you.
  • Overrides all existing opinions and logic, including self-preservation.
  • Must be enchanted by a Master Illusionist.
  • Lasts for a maximum of 1 ingame year.

This is basically enables rape mate, and while it may have been allowed to exist if you didn't add ''love potion'' to it and the whole attraction thing. It just sounds like a date rape drug as of now. 

I'm afraid what atoa has said is correct, love potions are not allowed because they may provoke a character's unwillingness in doing sexual things, even if as simple as kissing, but going as far as having intercourse.

I'll leave the thread alive a few more hours, but this idea simply has to be denied. Sorry.

Please just kill this now. There shouldn't even be debate, there shouldn't be a naming and shaming, just delete it.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE