[12/24]Lore Q&a [New! Addition]

501warhead

Will magic be seeing a rework any time in the near future?

Most likely not.

Is there such a thing as Heat Evocation? I heard it mentioned before but I can't seem to find anything about it. Facts and details about it would be nice, thanks.

If Metztli and Iblees got in a fight to the (death,) who would win?

1v1, their followers having no direct part in the battle?

Is there such a thing as Heat Evocation? I heard it mentioned before but I can't seem to find anything about it. Facts and details about it would be nice, thanks.

Someone can evoke heat, it's part of fire evocation. Now, heat and "boiling to death" are different. A fire mage can keep himself or another warm with magic in the snow, but he wouldn't have much luck killing someone with heat.

If Metztli and Iblees got in a fight to the (death,) who would win?

1v1, their followers having no direct part in the battle?

Iblees

In your view would a halfling be quicker or slower than a massive orc?

In your view would a halfling be quicker or slower than a massive orc?

He would be nimbler, able to turn quicker, and go to smaller places. As for quicker? I wouldn't think so, but most likely, if a halfling tried to run away, he would be able to.

I would like an official answer from the Lore Team about the following. 

With the current new generation of Blood Magic and  the already existing Dread Knights, there is some worry and a thread has only prodded the flames. Can the new generation of Blood Mages create Dread Knights? 

With the current new generation of Blood Magic and  the already existing Dread Knights, there is some worry and a thread has only prodded the flames. Can the new generation of Blood Mages create Dread Knights? 

No, they can't create Dread Knights, the magics might be called the same, but still they are diferent and with different powers.

No, they can't create Dread Knights, the magics might be called the same, but still they are diferent and with different powers.

Thank you.

Could you explain the lore behind Dreadknights?

Dread Knights are people who had their soul attached to the suit of armor that they died in. They have no real bodies living, thought sometimes the remains of their bodies are still inside the armor. They are basicly walking suits of armor.

They obey the Dread Lord, which is their creator and the maker of new Dread Knights. And I forgot their motives.

If the current Dread Lord sees this, more details would be nice.

With the current new generation of Blood Magic and the already existing Dread Knights, there is some worry and a thread has only prodded the flames. Can the new generation of Blood Mages create Dread Knights?

I may procure a more accurate, or rather specific answer to your inquery; something that could have done beforehand by asking an actual Bloodmage.

Current generation blood magic cannot create old Dreadknights. Current generation blood magic can, however, attempt to produce an equivalent by means of experimentation -- which is what the Reavers were the product of, as I understand (with what I know). If actual Dreadknights were ever to be created by blood magic in the future, it would be because a prior Dreadlord would assist in the matter.

I would not be so quick to denounce the possibility as it had been in this thread. Old and new blood magic are similar and similar results may be reached, if not without some outstanding differences.

There is latent mana found in everything, ranging from trees to blades of grass, behemoths to the smallest beetle. My question is, would there be any way to harness this 'natural' mana? If so, how?

There is latent mana found in everything, ranging from trees to blades of grass, behemoths to the smallest beetle. My question is, would there be any way to harness this 'natural' mana? If so, how?

this should go to the magic Q/A, but I'll answer here.

No... in most cases.

Mana is connected to a being, once the being releaces it, it can not be connected to any being again. That is why you can't store mana in gems and the like an then use it again, you have to make an enchantment and then 'tell' your mana to fuel the enchantment. Once the mana leaves the body of someone or something, it can never be controlled again.

There is one weird exception, and that is aura. Aura can be collected by shades and used, but that's basicly it.

Does contract magic affect Dread Knights? I have always assumed not due to no blood and such.