[12/24]Lore Q&a [New! Addition]

501warhead

Does contract magic affect Dread Knights? I have always assumed not due to no blood and such.

They can sign a contract without blood, it is just not as effective.

Does contract magic affect Dread Knights? I have always assumed not due to no blood and such.

They can sign a contract without blood, it is just not as effective.

Kind of limitates what can be done due to what hugo said. Without blood, they can still sign in ink, thought I'm not seeing any dread knight signing a contract. Same thing applies to Liches, they have no blood, thought I can see liches signing contracts. Wraiths I do not know, because they might somehow place a bit of their being into the contract as ink. Perhaps, perhaps not, they can still use normal ink. Even undead can be affected by the contracts, thought the effects done previously (before turning Undead) are removed on transformation. Same thing would happen to Dread Knights, Liches, Wraiths and so on.

Kind of limitates what can be done due to what hugo said. Without blood, they can still sign in ink, thought I'm not seeing any dread knight signing a contract. Same thing applies to Liches, they have no blood, thought I can see liches signing contracts. Wraiths I do not know, because they might somehow place a bit of their being into the contract as ink. Perhaps, perhaps not, they can still use normal ink. Even undead can be affected by the contracts, thought the effects done previously (before turning Undead) are removed on transformation. Same thing would happen to Dread Knights, Liches, Wraiths and so on.

Though that brings a good question, does that mean since there is no blood that the contract cannot actually enforce its will upon the victim? I mean ink is ink and doesn't connect the victim to the contract at all.

I question that has been everyone's mind. Though we all probably know the answer to this one.

Will there be a new race anytime soon?

Also, since I am writing this now. Might I ask, any current plans for new things? Any new magic or that sort of thing? I think we have already asked about the old, but I want to ask about the new. Anything that you can spill?

Also, stay awesome and wonderful, keep up the good work!

Though that brings a good question, does that mean since there is no blood that the contract cannot actually enforce its will upon the victim? I mean ink is ink and doesn't connect the victim to the contract at all.

The contract connects to the victim, not the ink. The type of signature simply states what is being put at stake in the contract.

Normal Ink - Influences the mind of someone. They might forget things, start thinking diferently. Also used for the HIGHLY RARE trade of emotions.

Blood drop - Places the body of someone at stake. Punishments with drop of blood affect the body directly. They can lose movement, have part of their body be destroyed, have part of their body behave diferently. Greastest use of this type of signature is trade of body parts (like giving someone without an eye their own eye, big things like arms aren't possible.)

Name in blood - Deals with the soul directly. Not very common to use, since so much power is required. Basicly, punishments to affect the soul are permanent, and can be almost everything. Most powerful use of this type of signature is the soul contracts, which results in a ghost being created even if the signer dies.

Also should be said that the name in the signature does not matter. The person may be called John, but if he has read the contract and, depending on the contract, agrees with it, then even if he signs it with Albert, or just does an X it still works.

I question that has been everyone's mind. Though we all probably know the answer to this one.

Will there be a new race anytime soon?

Also, since I am writing this now. Might I ask, any current plans for new things? Any new magic or that sort of thing? I think we have already asked about the old, but I want to ask about the new. Anything that you can spill?

Also, stay awesome and wonderful, keep up the good work!

I don't believe there will be any new race soon.

New plans, well, read Ben's post in the news section, we're working on that mostly. No new magics unless very original and nice.

1. What are the four curses, original ones?
2. How was the concept of uruk spirits even discovered? (ooc and ic)

3. Is there any lore understanding the concept of dreams and the state of sleep?

4. Are dreams even technically a thing under mental magic?

5. What were the original nations?

6. How can every elf on the server that tries to have a kid, has a kid?
7. What type of cultures are there?

8. Is there a thread for up to date towns and nations?

9. Who'd win in a TDM fight at the same time: Iblees and cultists, khas and their gods, elves, dwarves, humans, or krug and the spirits and uruks?

10. Which is better for rp purposes: ooze or blob?

11. Is there a true uruk story written from start to finish? (_______s have said that staff have moved around uruk lore and all of the old original stuff is either removed or gone.)

1. What are the four curses, original ones?

2. How was the concept of uruk spirits even discovered? (ooc and ic)

3. Is there any lore understanding the concept of dreams and the state of sleep?

4. Are dreams even technically a thing under mental magic?

5. What were the original nations?

6. How can every elf on the server that tries to have a kid, has a kid?

7. What type of cultures are there?

8. Is there a thread for up to date towns and nations?

9. Who'd win in a TDM fight at the same time: Iblees and cultists, khas and their gods, elves, dwarves, humans, or krug and the spirits and uruks?

10. Which is better for rp purposes: ooze or blob?

11. Is there a true uruk story written from start to finish? (_______s have said that staff have moved around uruk lore and all of the old original stuff is either removed or gone.)

1. Humans - Short life, Dwarf's - Greed and shortness, Elfs - Infertility, Orcs - Blood rage

2. How they were made I do not know, it was too long ago. IC, Krug was the one to first contact one and use them. From him, other orcs then learnt how to contact spirits.

3. Dreams are dreams, no lore has been made about them

4. Mental magic can affect dreams, and see them, but they aren't a part of mental magic.

5. Malinor, Krugmar, Urguan and Oren.

6. Because while the curse exists, the player decides when their character has a son. If they don't break lore (10-15 years between children, and 500 years old and you're fully infertile) then it can't be stopped.

7. All of them. There are too many to say.

8. Wiki may be a bit up to date, but it isn't perfect. That is why I ask many times for players to update the wiki when they can.

9. No idea.

10. Up to the player in question. One is agreesive, the other not so much.

11. I can not say.

are the triumvirate considered aengudaemons of the sun/moon/stars or w/e?

are the triumvirate considered aengudaemons of the sun/moon/stars or w/e?

They are considered Aenguldaemons yes.

They are considered Aenguldaemons yes.

Assuming the story regarding that is true, ascension to the heavens is able to occur to those who are holy enough? (Lore stand point, it can't happen ig, I know) 

Assuming the story regarding that is true, ascension to the heavens is able to occur to those who are holy enough? (Lore stand point, it can't happen ig, I know) 

The story is just a legend thought.

I have noticed that you can craft TNT (named as Explosives). Are cannons lore friendly? If they are, are they only limited to redstoneless designs? If they aren't lore friendly, can you explain to me why it's that case?

I have noticed that you can craft TNT (named as Explosives). Are cannons lore friendly? If they are, are they only limited to redstoneless designs? If they aren't lore friendly, can you explain to me why it's that case?

Cannons are not allowed (thought TNT is). They aren't allowed due to the fantasy theme of the server, and the fact that they were allowed before and it didn't work.

I recall that someone mentioned tattoos help shaman's with their magic, or supposedly powers some lataumen effects. Is this true, and does this mean that one could accidentally tattoo something on themselves that makes spirits like them or something, and they are unknowingly super buff because of it?

I recall that someone mentioned tattoos help shaman's with their magic, or supposedly powers some lataumen effects. Is this true, and does this mean that one could accidentally tattoo something on themselves that makes spirits like them or something, and they are unknowingly super buff because of it?

Never would an accidental tattoo make a spirit like them. The tattoos can be used as a way to applease the spirits thought, could be a kind of worship in a way.