[Creature Lore] Lagat Skhelll

๖ۣۜ§osa (E.G.I.E.)

Lagat Skhelll

ezgxQjP.png

The Lagat Skhelll is a biologically advanced variant of the Duhnah Skhellll. Through out many years of Anthos drowning, natural selection and mother nature took its course, creating what is now the Lagat Skhelll.

Duhnah Skhelll Lore: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/86197-wild-life-and-monsters-of-anthos/?hl=%2Bwildlife+%2Banthos ((Make sure to scroll down some to find it))

Before, and even during the events of Anthos drowning the giant desert tortoise (Duhnah Skhelll) was beginning a new natural genetic change. Once Anthos was enveloped in water, there were few of these tortoises left in the entire world. Duhnah Skhellls that lived off the coast of other land masses slowly began developing new traits.

In-between their "fingers" slowly grew small webs that allowed for more easier swimming. Their shells, or essentially their backbone, began growing sharp, spiny edges that appear around, and even on the shell. Also, their tails grew longer in size, equipped with fins and flexible movement for much simpler swimming. They also come in various different sizes, from the smallest being nearly an entire human, to sizes as big as a common day Leatherback Sea Turtle

These creatures can stay underwater for around six to eight hours, but they must surface for air. Although they sleep sometimes wedged under rocks (underwater) or secondarily, they rest on the surface. Hatchlings typically sleep floating on the surface, and they usually have their front flippers folded back over the top of their backs.

On the contrary to their land living counterparts, when they die, their shells don't grow weak and brittle after their deaths. Instead, when a Lagat Skhelll dies, they sink to the sea floor, in which they lay there and decompose, while their shell, much like a rock, begins to accumulate and produce algae. In many, many years, the shell may turn into a habitat for any other smaller sea creatures. So instead of the shell's color washing out and the shell itself becoming frail, it stays in its rather normal state. Which allows these shells to be used as whatever.

Recap:

Habitat

Tend to live in any body of large, open water. Usually stray more away from very open seas and more to large lakes with surrounding land. They use beaches and the lower dunes to nest and lay their eggs. Lagat Skhelll's deposit an average of 1-2 eggs a nest, and tends to make around 2-3 nests each mating season. 

Diet

Anything smaller then them. Most commonly smaller fish. Sometimes though they will eat a very slow moving prey on a nearby shore.
When prey comes within reach, the Turtle lurches forth in a surprisingly fast motion, typically snapping at its prey. The Turtle will often move around violently and attempt to simply crush its unfortunate victims in its gaping jaws.

Temperament

Untamable, and aggressive. Just like mostly every creature, it knows no sympathy and is ruthless. They're very protective of their young and usually would sacrifice their own life before their young. 

OOC Notes

Sorry I didn't write too, too much. I figured since this "Creature lore" isn't really a new creature at all, just a biological advancement over time I wouldn't have to change much of their original, brief lore.

Any questions, or ideas, comments, anything, comment bellow!

Good but natural selection isn't something that sparks massive evolutionary leaps in the span of a few hundred years. Maybe in LotC universe? Idk

Always a +1 for EGIE.

Good but natural selection isn't something that sparks massive evolutionary leaps in the span of a few hundred years. Maybe in LotC universe? Idk

This is where I pull the "It's fantasy, anything can happen" card and hope it works xD

This is where I pull the "It's fantasy, anything can happen" card and hope it works xD

Well, maybe some kind of fantasy explanation could be proposed. Since it's orc-related, maybe Ankrus and/or Freygoth could be said to have accelerated their development? 

Well, maybe some kind of fantasy explanation could be proposed. Since it's orc-related, maybe Ankrus and/or Freygoth could be said to have accelerated their development? 

But then you would have to think, for what reason did they accelerate this beasts development? To hinder the Orc's further? To give the Lurs a new hunting option?

But then you would have to think, for what reason did they accelerate this beasts development? To hinder the Orc's further? To give the Lurs a new hunting option?

I could think of something, but I'd have to write a whole story about it to make sense of it. 

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The concept of evolution of the specie simply doesn't fit withe time scale nor would the creature come from Anthos to Athera (we had to go through a tunnel, a portal, then a ship).