[✗] The Rats Come Marching In

Dragonslayerelf

(This will be modeled after the wikipedia page for the races. I will see if you guys prefer that over my old style)

The Ratlins

Ratlins are the deft, quiet, but unbearably traitorous inhabitants of the Underdark1 which a has been destroyed as of late by an unofficial civil war caused by two leaders fighting over a girl. There are only 3 families that surived the war (counts as subraces). The Niteskuttlers, who tend to rely on what dark areas they find. They make decent assasins but when in a position of open combat, have a tendancy to run and die. There is also the Warrats, the family that is not great at open combat but can run around a man and get a few hits in. Lastly there is the Warkoors, which are generally the rats imprisoned and are the ones who built the tunnel complexes of the Ratlins.

Appearance

The Ratlins have all the general appearance of a rat humanoid, but have a few different mutations that have occurred in the families

[blakc fur, bright blue outer eye]   [slightly buff, red eyes, brown fur]  [brown fur, disproportionate arms, red eyes]

Niteskuttlers                                                        Warrats                                                                               Warkoors

Race Profession: None, but they can                Race Profession:None, but they can       Race Profession:

have an extra as they have empty heads                have an extra due to empty heads                 Miner

Profession Boosts: None, they have                 Profession Boosts: None, they have       Profession Boosts:

an extra skill                                                                extra skill                                                40% Miner                                                                                                                                                              -40% Lumberjack

Race Perks:                                             Race Perks:                             Race Perks:  

+ Night Runner: Speed boost at night                   +Ratlin Warrior: They have the        + Digger: they dig faster     

- Scrawny: They are very weak in face to                 ability to do a dodge every                - Scrawny: They are weak

face combat                                                                    5 minutes

Aging

A Ratlin is mature at about 6-7 years old and only live up to 30 years. By the time they basically grow twice as fast as humans. They have litters of 5-10. 2 or 3  survive birth and there is a 50% chance one will survive to 7.

Language

They have learnt the common tongue from hearing many people pass by, but a very crude version, and they only are able to have the vocabulary of an 8 year old human. They once had a rat language but it was lost long ago.

Religion

They are faithless, and  if they did have a faith they betrayed their god long ago. They have a tendancy to betray and backstab.

Mannerisms

Betrayal, backstabbing, and unfaithfulness is the life of a Ratlin.

Weaknesses

They are very weak physically and mentally and are not great at establishing things

It does not take long for Ratlins to build their population. The problem they have is maintaining it. Ratlins die every day due to diseases, infighting, mugging, robbery, terrorism, betrayal, assasination, revolts, revolutions, and tournaments.

Edited by Dragonslayerelf

ET is officially banned from throwing rat themed events on account of I hate it.

Off that subject I don't think we need anymore rats, snakes, moles or bats on the server and definitely not humanoid versions of them. Basically this is just furry humans tbh. I am afraid I cannot support.

ET is officially banned from throwing rat themed events on account of I hate it.

Off that subject I don't think we need anymore rats, snakes, moles or bats on the server and definitely not humanoid versions of them. Basically this is just furry humans tbh. I am afraid I cannot support.

What are the kharajyr then? And its not rats its ratmen. There is a difference!

As a mabinogi player, all I can picture is breaking dancing ratmen.

I assure that unless we start a rat dance hall that won't happen.

It's only a thought, which is hilarious if you understand the reference.

#Windmill

What are the kharajyr then? And its not rats its ratmen. There is a difference!

A race that had been supported since Aegis and has had donations, dedicated followers, and dedicated lore. Though, it has pretty much gone to the sewer now.

Comparing what you have here to what the Kha had, this is literally a speck of dust. If you want any form of recognition with a race, you're going to have to put in more work than this, along with making the post look nicer, cause right now the post looks very unprofessional. 

A race that had been supported since Aegis and has had donations, dedicated followers, and dedicated lore. Though, it has pretty much gone to the sewer now.

Comparing what you have here to what the Kha had, this is literally a speck of dust. If you want any form of recognition with a race, you're going to have to put in more work than this, along with making the post look nicer, cause right now the post looks very unprofessional. 

How would I go about making the post look more professional? I tried to add photos and pictured and stuff but it said "This image extension is not supported" every time. I would like some degree of help on that regard

I don't support a new race/creature because it just splits up the roleplay hubs even more. We don't need anymore races/creatures.

-1. no more races, interesting idea though, maybe if it wasn't a full culture, maybe just rare appearances played by ET members, I would +1 that idea

There are only the basic 4 races and then Kharajyr! Why is everyone so against more races? It would add a great deal of diversity to the universe and make a good starting point: Something you'll probbly learn the ropes with but not have a long lasting character unless you wanted to. Rat people rule! (and also if you havent noticed i'm starting out kinda small: 3 families with 1-3 people in them, which will hopefully expand. We'll see if it does good: If it doesn't, scrap it. If it does, keep it and maybe it'll replace the khas someday [they kinda are dying out])

-1. no more races, interesting idea though, maybe if it wasn't a full culture, maybe just rare appearances played by ET members, I would +1 that idea

ryan-shaking-head.gif

I don't think LotC needs more races, and if anything, the Kharajyr's should try to be saved, because they've got interesting lore, it's just because of people that do edgy **** and break said lore  that they're frowned upon.

As for your rat race, the lore itself is very bland and just unprofessional, if you really want to get that accepted, you need to flesh out everything much more and not make it a rainbow with so many varied colors. For now, it's definitely a -1.

Sadly, we already have too many races in LoTC.

Yes there are four, but not to mention the separate cultures, groups, beliefs, et cetera. That divides the playerbase a dozen times over.

Adding another race would only cause more splitting.

The lore itself sadly, just seems like a mix of all the races (except elf) in a big mix. 

Please make this a thing, I literally took at least 3 or 4 hours googling and typing and looking for images and a load of effort was put in. To put it simply: I really like rat people.

You only took hours, where people pin and plan out their lores for weeks, and if large- months.

I'm sorry but I can't support this :c

I have revamped it...something tells me this is not going to get accepted due to all the problems with it and I have a life to live, so I cant dedicate long periods of time like weeks, months, years, etc. and  there are also too many races already so...might as well quit on the rat people :I