Runesmithing

Lima

Sorry for the delay, two members including myself have been absent and further discussion is required regarding this piece. Expect an answer within the coming days; dependent upon if Kalenz makes a short return. 

Like the lore the dwarf runesmithing has always been interesting (( even if I dont play a dwarf )) its a nice little thing to spice them and the server up while not as strong as a enchanters are I like its utility and what you can do with, Along with the bound tools to the smith. but about the yemekar rune would its effect happen first if a object is about to hit it or the impact? like hitting some one with a hammer or your shield taking a arrow.

Like the lore the dwarf runesmithing has always been interesting (( even if I dont play a dwarf )) its a nice little thing to spice them and the server up while not as strong as a enchanters are I like its utility and what you can do with, Along with the bound tools to the smith. but about the yemekar rune would its effect happen first if a object is about to hit it or the impact? like hitting some one with a hammer or your shield taking a arrow.

1. Its not exactly a weaker form of enchantment as much as a completely different way to go around alteration in general. While on smaller scales enchanters are able to display power more efficiently in most cases, thahnium does allow for macro-level enchantments a degree easier [though still exponentially difficult.]

The system was designed to be different to enchantment, but similar in a certain manner. Its a theme we kept from 501's writeup to make it still rather unique. 

2. Yemekar rune's stone transmutation in combat.

It happens within a very small localised area to the rune, so maybe the field of energy it emits is roughly 3-5cm's on a heart rune. In a lot of cases I can't see it being used on shields, generally speaking I have this idea in my head that you would need to keep the weapon in a literal stone sheath, to make sure it isn't constantly activated and degrading. 

As for a object coming to impact the imbued object turning to stone, like a arrow, I don't see it being so sudden. It would take a few seconds for it to actually change, not a instant flash bang its stone kinda deal. 

Generally speaking the Yemekar rune (and I heard this from one other person) could be accessed of being some sort of OP gank weapon, but I would beg to differ. If you are hitting something with a warhammer its most likely going to break regardless of if a couple seconds afterwards it starts to turn to stone a little.

It doesn't really jump out as me as a particularly strong tool as much as just some flavour to combat, unlike something like a lightening sword that has almost become the meta to RP combat where they say "I parry you, your arm spasms, I stab you."

The lore has been [Accepted] . 

tumblr_m1e5h605dX1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I recommend talking to a member of the LT about it's implementation.