Know that one's life can end any day.
Know that we still BANG anyway.

Today we oath one member into Hallowvale Contracting. This man has passed their trials and have taken the oath. Let us pay respects to him.

x78KVl4.png

Adawulf the Iron-Blooded ascends to the rank of Vander.

"Let the unoathed strive to be like this man LOS LOS LOS. YAK YAK YAK."

R E P O R  T

HALLOWVALE

HALLOWGLADE FORTY FIRST BUG SQUASHING BRIGADE

ARD GHORROCK EXPEDITION DEPOSITORY

SUBJECT:     Narrative Report of Expedition, 41st Bug Squashing Brigade, 19th of The Grand Harvest, 1530

1. Our expedition force of the 41st Bug Squashing Brigade departed from Ard Ghorrock early in the morning. We left for Hallowglade after word from our Vandalore that creatures known as the Araxytes (large spider-like creatures) plagued the forested region below. He tasked us with the extermination of some as well as gathering the mother’s head. The expeditionary force was led by none other than I,  the Vandalore’s Champion, Decimus Bulg ‘the Kingfish’. I was accompanied by the Vander’s Adil the ‘Eagle-Eyed’, Adawulf the ‘Iron-Blooded’ as well as the Unoathed Rodney Altman, James Aylward, and Kiveck Irelia.

1. Our group gathered at the base of the mountainside. Throughout the forested region of Hallowglade was a thick morning fog. One could barely see through the fog even with the early morning sun’s rays shining bright. I gathered the group and then began to think of several various plans of how to pierce the forest without any, or with minimal casualties. To see within the fog, Adawulf was ordered to construct a makeshift torch out of a tree branch, oil, and cloth. I gathered the troops and decided it was best to puncture the tight forest routes in a line. I led first in the line, behind me  James, then Rodney, then Wulf (He was to provide light all around us being in the center of the line.), Kiveck behind him and watching our rear flank, Adil. Wulf and Kiveck were commanded to be our archery support throughout the expedition. Adil was tasked with guarding them in the event of the archers coming under attack. James, Rodney, and myself were to be the main core of melee offense.

1. With the plan set in stone, we marched. The fog created an atmosphere of fear, we had no clue what was watching us and where. Nafis had told us that Caliphate settlers had wanted to settle in this area, Hallowglade. No word came from them as they set out, and the only remains found were bones strung up in the trees by webs. We couldn’t see a thing, the canopy of thick oaken leaves didn’t help. All around us we heard clicks, scutters, and branches snapping. I led us slowly and methodically, every step mattered. We didn’t want to alert the creatures, but I was afraid they already knew we were there. I held my Zweihander close. he Soon, engagment was had as a spider slung web at the back of Rodney’s head, looking to have some dinner.  Like a pack of wolves but with eight legs, they scattered around us looking to catch one of us off guard. From the back I heard Adil and Kiveck scrambling to fight off creatures attempting to take us from the rear. Wulf kept the torch a lit, our beacon of hope, and began sending arrows every which way to any cretin that dared to come upon our Company. The spider still tugged at the back of Rodney’s head as he struggled to cut the web, it lunged at him and I lifted my sword with a wild strike to catch it in the air, it was naught as the Spider landed on the back of his head, covering the entire back and began to bite into it. I stabbed into it, but Rodney had sustained injury. The rest of the expeditionary had taken out the spider ambush with ease. The line had held, but still, Rodney’s wound needed aid.

1. We stuck to the outskirts of Hallowglade, finding a small mountainside creek. Rodney washed his wound, a large bite on the back of his head bleeding. I scolded the party for not wearing a helmet like myself, it should be mandatory when going on missions. Except for when killing Vodniks, they don’t do **** to your head. Resting for only a short moment, we continued on. Though the clicks within the trees were still prevalent, we continued wading through the woods, single file. Our formation continued on, one after the other until all of us froze. A sound unlike any other heard in Hallowglade, it was big. Far too large to be one of those head sized spiders from earlier, no. This one was the one we were after. The target, the momma spider. As little Luchino would say, it was the big Nonna of all the little spiderlings and spiders. We could hear it, it was far larger than any other. I took note of this, telling Rodney of what Temp Therist said, that no one had lived to see such things. We were going to be the ones to do such, I would make sure of it. Darkness covered the region, the night had fallen. We had to act quick, else wise we were sitting ducks for any spideys looking to climb up and poison us. The plan was as follows, I stationed our two archers (Wulf and Kiveck) a distance apart, each under a tree about a ten to fifteen meter spread. I had James guard Kiveck, and Rodney guard Wulf. Adil scaled a tree equal distance between the two archers, and myself wielded an arbalest. The operation was to be smooth, like surgery. The nonna spider queen was to charge one of the archer encampments, Adil was to leap onto its back and stab into it, and I was to put bolts into that thing. Everyone was put into position, and we waited.

1. The Nonna spider struck quick, it stormed at Kiveck once he was in her eight eyes. I quickly began to load the arbalest, and only hoped Adil knew when to strike… And that he did. He leapt from the top of the tree, landing on the back of the queen and staying on. She seemed to try and get him off, but that clingy Qalasheen kept steadfast. Kiveck began to launch arrows at the cretin, as James defended him with finesse. I shouted out for Wulf and Rodney, they began to maneuver their way towards the fight. I finished loading an arbalest, and began unloading on the creature one at a time. One bolt flew into it’s side, and I saw Adil stabbing down upon it with his arming sword. James slashed at the creature, but it’s exoskeleton was strong. As I shot it, it set it’s many many eyes upon me. I beckoned the creature forward, it could not go one on one with the Master race of a Vander, it was merely a spider. A bug to squash beneath my boot. I spit, and it leapt at me. I swung my zweihander forward to puncture into her abdomen. She pressed forward, pushing me to the ground but I twisted my sword deeper into her. I could hear shouting, and the creature lifted her leg and went to crush my skull. My helmet protected me, but the nose guard sunk into my flesh, ripping it open. A flaming arrow shot across my vision, sinking into the beast’s eye. It was chaos, I loved every bit of it. Adil stabbed into its back from what I heard afterwards, mounting it like a horse the entire time. The mother was getting swarmed by us, a taste of her own medicine but this time, I was Nonna spider. The Nonna flung Adil off into Rodney, and made off in an eight legged sprint. Spiderlings were summoned from the trees, surrounding James, Rodney, Kiveck, and Adil. Myself and Wulf made off for the nonna, and I shouted for them to just go, the spiderlings wouldn’t do a thing. But alas, they were stuck. Adil managed to fry every spiderling with blaze powder, and we met at the impromptu rendezvous, which just so happened to be my booming voice in the woods.

1. We continued to tail the queen, evading spiderlings and branches. She even was so clever to try and throw down a tree in our path, which we just went around. Rodney threw his axes, Kiveck and Wulf launched their arrows, I kept on her tail no matter what. I could even see Adil’s sword still stuck in her back, something he was not happy of. Wulf ended up pulling a jar of oil from his back, and launching it at the fleeing queen, covering her in it. A path of oil was made as she ran. She eventually let out several clicks, and her call to arms was met by spiders and spiderlings. They came from where we were running from, and Wulf lit the trail of oil, and in a burst of flame, we had roasted spiders everywhere. The forest was a bonfire, and now it was a race to catch our kill, and to evade the flames. We continued our chase, a single spider landing on my head and tripping me, but Adil got me balanced and we continued on. The queen was bleeding, she couldn’t last long. We had neared a clearing, where several more spiders launched out. One went for Wulf and yanked out his bow from his hands, another went for Rodney which he made short work of. James added support, generally being the man to help everywhere and every way. More of the miniature spiderlings swarmed our ankles, but I ordered for our party to not give them any notice, and to squash them like the bugs they were. To charge onwards, and finish off the creatures. With determination and our prize in our sights, glory surrounded us as we made our way to the final stop. The queen halted, turning to face her fate in the eyes. She lashed out, spitting web into my eyes! I couldn’t see, but Adil was by my side. Kiveck, James, and Wulf flanked her, launched arrows and bolts into her backside. She spit again, most likely at my Qalasheen ally, but I did not hear him scream, only a thud into the grass. I ripped the webs from my eyes, and saw her dive down to try and assault Adil on his head! Adil rolled out of the way, and I jumped up, and atomic leg dropped her upon the head, crushing her neck into an ichor goop, but her head was still intact. We were victorious, we were lucky. I ripped the head of the beast off with several twists, but something wasn’t right.

1. There was a large amount of shuffling in the trees, we had killed the mother. Soon, we saw all of them. The entire population of spiders began to descend to fight till their last stand against us. We turned tail and ran, our mission was over! A success. But we were being followed, we ran out of Hallowglade, all across Khalestine to Al Wakrah just in time for some wedding, but we were afraid the spideys would follow. They did not, and we returned to Ard Ghorrock, delivering the Vandalore our prize.

2. Statistics:

Target- Slain.

Friendly Casualties- None.

Injury- Two (Rodney’s head and Decimus’ nose)

Enemy Casualties- Way too many.

Reported by:

Decimus Bulg the ‘Kingfish’,

Vandalores Champion

Field Commander 41st Bug Squashing Brigade

Transcribed by:

Adil the ‘Eagle-Eyed’

Vander Council Member

Second in Command 41st Bugsquashing

Brigade

"Contract COMPLETED"

An anonymous client has rewarded Hallowvale Contracting with 2,000 Minas for the deaths of a known necromancer and frost witch couple. The seven Hallowvale Members that took part on the contract have earned 285 mina each with any remainder going into the Guild treasury (a total of 5 mina). All members seeking how to best rid a 'frostie' and 'necro' should seek out those that participated on the contract.

Edited by §hady Tale§

Name (Leave IG name as well): Esti
Race: Elf 
Skills: I'm adept with a windlass, and I can cook. 
Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Yes, I do.
Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: Please attach it to the owl I sent my application with. 

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: Please attach it to the owl I sent my application with. 

"Applicant you have been denied. Please fill out all components of the application correctly."

*A letter returns via bird shortly later bearing the revision *

An application is pinned to the Notice board outside Ard Ghorrock

Name (Leave IG name as well): Philly Fitzroy

Race: Human

Skills: I pride myself in the ability to cook, I am open to learning new skills.

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Aye, I do

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: Pin your reply to the board, I will see it

((Also, please message me your skype privately as a way for OOC contact.)) Think you've got it, if not just ask

A exquisite Lorraine cross is drawn below in detail. 

*A letter returns via bird shortly later bearing the revision *

An application is pinned to the Notice board outside Ard Ghorrock

Name (Leave IG name as well): Philly Fitzroy

Skills: I pride myself in the ability to cook, I am open to learning new skills.

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Aye, I do

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: Pin your reply to the board, I will see it

((Also, please message me your skype privately as a way for OOC contact.)) Think you've got it, if not just ask

A exquisite Lorraine cross is drawn below in detail. 

"All applicants have been accepted. Report to Ard Ghorrock on Khalestne's eastern border. God guide your travels."

"My Vandalore,

Today we encountered a force beyond our strength at the ruins near our fort. We saw a group of /things/ outside of Ard Ghorrock, 
The Dwarf suggested we engage. We rallied our forces and headed out of the fort to search for these people. When we found them,
the sky went dark and it was hard to see but you could feel the dark presence in the vicinity. We surrounded the
figures then with a sudden burst, shards went towards the dwarf striking him down.

Soldiers of Hallowvale were killed quickly by these dark forces. They had unhuman like strength then one took
off his helmet and I saw why they were like this. The three were wraiths but one seemed different, /it/ seemed to be a Draconic
creature. One of the wraiths charged towards Adil and all of a sudden one was upon me and I barely deflected its attack, 
I tried to swing at it but it was a futile attempt
my axe cut through the wraith yet it was unharmed, it started emitting a black smog so I ran away from the creature
blindly until I saw a Hallowvale mercenary cut down quickly by one of the Wraiths, I charged forth and swung my axe at
the Wraiths head and it stumbles down the hill slightly and I ran off towards one of the other wraiths and charged at it,
shield raised, I smashed through it and lost my grip on my shield, but I continued running to Ard Ghorrock to spread word
of these vile creatures.

Rodney"

In the valley shadowed by the castle known as Ard Ghorrock, the men of Hallowvale Contracting battered and beaten wear face masks covering their mouths. They stand before a pit dug into the ground filled with the the mutilated bodies of fallen comrades. Many were indistinguishable from each other from the bloodbath that occurred earlier that day. As the last of the bodies were tossed into the pit, the bodies were set ablaze and the surviving members of Hallowvale were left to watch the fires consume the wretched remains of the fallen.

13th of Snows Maiden, 1531

“A Declaration of Martial Law:

It is on this day that The Vandalore assumes total authority of Hallowvale Contracting and realm of Hallowvale also known as “Qimat Althuluj” until Martial Law has ended. In response to the attack from the draconic creature and unholy horrors, NO ONE is to leave Ard Ghorrock unless under the supervision of someone of the Vander Council or the Vandalore himself.

Patrols lead by those in the Vander Council or the Vandalore himself will be made during Martial Law.

Those below the rank of authority are NOT ALLOWED to lead any patrols or assaults on the eldritch horrors. Ard Ghorrock is to be protected at all costs until the beasts are slain.

ANYONE who is not of Hallowvale Contracting as an oathed member, an unoathed, a family member who is given permission to reside in Hallowvale, or a servant of Hallowvale Contracting WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT IF SPOTTED IN HALLOWVALE WITHOUT THE 'SEAL OF PASSAGE'. All members are to check the business' roster to see who is allowed passage through Hallowvale.

Those who bear The Vandalore’s ‘Seal of Passage’ will also be allowed passage and residence if needed in 

For Glory and Gold. For God, Family, and Comrades.

- Nafis, The Vandalore”

Kqflj13.png?1

Two ‘seals of passages’ depicting Hallowvale Contracting's Lion are sent via bird to undisclosed locations, accompanied with letters for their intended recipients. 

Know that one's life can end any day.
Know that we still BANG anyway.

Today we oath three members into Hallowvale Contracting. These men have passed their trials and have taken the oath. Let us pay respects to them.

RBf3jCT.jpg

(From left to right)

Lonan the Forgemaster ascends to the Vander Council.

Malik the Iron Emir ascends to the rank of Vander.

Ser Philly Fitzroy the Digger ascends to the rank of Vander.

"Let the unoathed strive to be like this man LOS LOS LOS. YAK YAK YAK."

Name (Leave IG name as well): Collin LaRosa (JakeFSF)

Skills: Aspiring breeder

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Aye, I do!

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: A bird, I suppose.

((Also, please message me your skype privately as a way for OOC contact.))

Name (Leave IG name as well): Collin LaRosa (JakeFSF)

Skills: Aspiring breeder

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Aye, I do!

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: A bird, I suppose.

"You're accepted, blondie. Ask Rodney or someone to set you up in the barracks."

Name (Leave IG name as well): Christopher Summers (Ender_Panda)

Race: Human (Highlander)

Skills: Axes, lumberjack, woodworking, chopping things.

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Yes

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: A bird, preferably, currently has yet a place of residence.

Name (Leave IG name as well): Johann Mengele

Skills: Asipiring humanitarian.

Do you meet the criteria to join Hallowvale Contracting?: Yes.

Leave an address for a return letter of accepted: 197 Ravensbruck ghetto, outside of Felsen.