[✗] [Update] Mud Maiden

Jistuma

23a4d08b8bcbfb29895c7e75887d1e43.jpg

(By aeryael, at Deviantart.com)

The Mud Maiden

General Aspects:

The Mud Maiden is a woman made of mud, with a peculiar red orb in the middle of it's chest. It's sentient, but can not talk, and does not attack anyone, not even when defending herself. They live their life mostly alone, yet not of their own desire. Their looks and the history around monsters of the realms in LOTC makes the mud maiden a creature to be suspicious about.

The red orb in her center what brings life to the mud, it is her heart, mind and being. For a mud maiden to be formed, the red orb must contact with mud and create the figure. If the orb is seperated from the rest of the body, then the mud maiden will lose her form. Unlike golems though, the orb of the mud maidens can't be destroyed. It is also made of mud, when it's body is threatened with destruction, it simply flows away like water or passes into the ground, to later reform.

Appearance:

The Mud Maiden's appearance is that of a woman. The woman may have many different forms, with a lot of different characteristics. Thin or fat or anything in between. Long or short hair, it can be straight but normally curly or wavy due to the movement of the mud that she is. She can be tall or short, but she has a limit in how big she can be. Mud that is touched by the red orb is her's to command when in direct connection, but too much mud, and it's own weight makes the mud break out. Even small orc sized mud maidens would not be possible. All mud maidens have a red orb, also made of mud, normally in their chests. The orb may move through her body, normally to collect more mud at the hands or feet, but is mostly kept in her center. Her facial features are given by different shades of mud, perhaps of different types of it.

Interractions with the world and combat:

The interractions that a mud maiden have with the world are not that extensive, but it exists. Being a magical creature, a mud maiden does not eat like normal mortals, she consumes mud through her red orb to keep her shape. While the maiden can pick up items, heavy items such as bricks, swords, even daggers, are too heavy for her mud connection, and as soon as she would pick a thing like that up, her hand would break free from the rest of her body. She can carry things with her, normally inside her own body, but she can't use almost no type of tool. A mud maiden has a home, somewhere with water and mud. It's just a location which she returns to, but she can wander around the world. Destroying her home, makes her move to another.

As for combat, a mud maiden has no means of defense or attack. She may try to run away or shake in fear as she is hit. Hitting a mud maiden on the other hand, has very little effect. A sword would get stuck inside of her, and the swinging of it would be like swinging at mud. The sword would enter her body, and the mud would start to flow around it. Someone willing to dispose of her would more quickly frieghten her away than start hacking at her until her form would have so little mud that she would disapear. Attacks on her do make her feel pain. A mud maiden can also not pass through gates or small places, it would hurt her too much and she would lose her form.

A mud maiden can not PVP someone else, if pvp'ed, they can try to run away, and if defeated, it roleplays as a lot of mud being removed from the maiden and the red part flowing away. They lose their memories just like a normal death if their form if broken.

Death:

Mud maidens can't really die, but they can be driven away, many times with ease. Destroying her home makes her not return there, but simply telling her to move and never return with anger and threats might be enough to make her not return. Destroying her shape means she disapears and makes her forget anything she saw before it happened. Drying her, makes her into a sort of mud statue, but soon enough, be it with rain, or through humidity in the air, the orb gets loose and escapes. Getting the red orb inside a container is virtually impossible, as soon as a bit of the orb gets trapped inside a container, the redness of the mud transfers to another bit of mud.

There is only one instance of death for a mud maiden, and that is when she commits something alike to suicide. It is a proclamation of love above all else. She presents her core to the person she loves, and with it, loses her shape forever. The core once presented turns hard like a solid rock, and very smooth. While the orb exists in this state, the mud maiden will not have shape. Breaking the orb and it will turn back to mud, and with it a new mud maiden will be reborn, with new looks and memories.

FAQ:

Can I play a mud maiden?
Yes, just make a creature app in the MA section if this is accepted.

So I can't PVP a mud maiden?
You can, but that's just bypassing roleplay with a fight against a creature that can't fight back.

Can a mud maiden have items on her?
Yes, don't exagerate. All you can't do is PVP someone with them.

Can I bathe in a mud maiden?
No. There's not enough mud. You can bathe in the same mud pool that she lives in... why you would want to, I can't figure out.

Can I ftb with a mud maiden?
No. She's a creature made of mud, it's not possible to ftb with her.

Can a mud maiden make any other forms with her mud?
No. A mud maiden can only create and recreate her woman form.

Lore being done to update the lore and allow normal players to play the creature. This will be edited because the format will break, most likely.

Why are you making naked mud woman lore for a PG 13 server

*rolls eyes* It's mud, can mud be naked? If you want, I can write down that the figure isn't perfect, and that the only details exist in the face.

*rolls eyes* It's mud, can mud be naked? If you want, I can write down that the figure isn't perfect, and that the only details exist in the face.

In James' defense that is a bare-breasted beauty and should not be viewed on this community.

This seems literally pointless to me. All it can do is make its naked female form, it can't fight, can't die, can't hurt people. We all know its only purpose, even though you say it isn't possible, is so people can FTB with it and then take the RP to skype. Otherwise, this lore serves no real purpose.

Shouldn't this be submitted in creature index o: ??

Edited by Kimbap

In James' defense that is a bare-breasted beauty and should not be viewed on this community.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/121329-event-creatures-mud-maiden-and-dry-octapuss/ Already had posted this image before, the creature is even accepted.

This seems literally pointless to me. All it can do is make its naked female form, it can't fight, can't die, can't hurt people. We all know its only purpose, even though you say it isn't possible, is so people can FTB with it and then take the RP to skype. Otherwise, this lore serves no real purpose.

I accept your opinion, and many people have that opinion. If you believe it or not, this creature has never been made to FTB or to engage in any type of sexual behavior.

Shouldn't this be submitted in creature index o: ??

This one is to be able to be playable by normal players, as such, it needs a thread on it's own.

Edited by Jistuma

Uhhuh, but why do we need it? Is this just another snowflake thing or does it actually bring something interesting to the table other than being a muddy bryophite?

What are Mud Maidens significant for if they can't do anything except "be there"?

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/121329-event-creatures-mud-maiden-and-dry-octapuss/ Already had posted this image before, the creature is even accepted.

I accept your opinion, and many people have that opinion. If you believe it or not, this creature has never been made to FTB or to engage in any type of sexual behavior.

Heh alright. Lets have our biblical events of lady of the lake esque women destroyed due to "muh pg 13 nudity" and have naked mud women allowed on the server, makes a lot of sense Jistuma thanks.

Uhhuh, but why do we need it? Is this just another snowflake thing or does it actually bring something interesting to the table other than being a muddy bryophite?

What are Mud Maidens significant for if they can't do anything except "be there"?

I guess special snowflake type of creature. The roleplay created by them, is up to how the player behaves. To tell the truth, I'm possibly one of the only LMs not against special snowflake creatures because players will try to play special snowflakes one way or the other. Imp parasites, Dread Knights, Oozes, Dryads, Cervitaurs, Bryophites, etc, pretty much the same.

I guess special snowflake type of creature. The roleplay created by them, is up to how the player behaves. To tell the truth, I'm possibly one of the only LMs not against special snowflake creatures because players will try to play special snowflakes one way or the other. Imp parasites, Dread Knights, Oozes, Dryads, Cervitaurs, Bryophites, etc, pretty much the same.

Except, everything there except for Bryophites and Oozes actually created RP because it has the ability to interact with players and shape the world around them instead of just sitting in a pool.

The difference between imp parasites, dread knights, and mud maidens is that while the first two provide dynamic roleplay, the latter is just there for useless pixel eye-candy.

The difference between imp parasites, dread knights, and mud maidens is that while the first two provide dynamic roleplay, the latter is just there for useless pixel eye-candy.

Except, everything there except for Bryophites and Oozes actually created RP because it has the ability to interact with players and shape the world around them instead of just sitting in a pool.

Personal opinions I guess, you got yours, I have mine. I believe the creature can create roleplay and create change, you don't. I accept your critics, and so will the rest of the lore masters which will vote on this. I already know some of them think the same way as you.

Edited by Jistuma

please remove.

In all seriousness, if magic is being removed for not "Serving its purpose" can we remove this stupid self-gratifying lore sprinkled all over the server that never had a purpose to serve in the first place?

Edited by TeaLulu