[✗] [Update] Mud Maiden

Jistuma

Appears my coup de grace was removed. Instead I'll phrase it less saltily.

Jistuma, I implore you to take heed to the community's sudden backlash in your suggestion of this lore, as it obviously isn't wanted. I hope you'll prove to be a good staffmember and listen to us, the community. Thank you.

wait isnt it just 3 people getting salty at something that doesn't really matter? >community backlash

Except, everything there except for Bryophites and Oozes actually created RP because it has the ability to interact with players and shape the world around them instead of just sitting in a pool.

Stationary NPCs could be a staple for "go out and find ________" quests and events. Events and stories can build around a certain character even if it can't physically move around.

I have no opinion on this particular piece of lore. Just putting that out there.

Jistuma, I implore you to take heed to the community's sudden backlash in your suggestion of this lore, as it obviously isn't wanted. I hope you'll prove to be a good staffmember and listen to us, the community. Thank you.

I am sure that the other LMs will take it into consideration when they vote.

Except, everything there except for Bryophites and Oozes actually created RP because it has the ability to interact with players and shape the world around them instead of just sitting in a pool.

Stationary NPCs could be a staple for "go out and find ________" quests and events. Events and stories can build around a certain character even if it can't physically move around.

I have no opinion on this particular piece of lore. Just putting that out there.

A NPC has the ability to tell you things and tell you what to do, what you must understand is this mud woman literally just sits around and doesn't interact with anyone.

haha yeah because 3 people are the entire community/a large amount of backlash, especially when 2 of the 3 people's opinion haven't mattered and won't matter in the future.

While I don't particular mind if this lore is denied or passes, I can attest that sythan's mud maiden actually provided RP in the past before. I wouldn't mind seeing them running around.

haha yeah because 3 people are the entire community/a large amount of backlash, especially when 2 of the 3 people's opinion haven't mattered and won't matter in the future.

Someone is being a little pretentious.

Why can you have mud maidens but I can't have an an ebliontologist extra terrestrial grey-skinned alien??

Eh, I don't see the harm in it. Gives ET something to RP if they want, gives player some unique RP. It might be special snowflake, but it can't really do any harm lol. Sounds like some being you'd meet in a forest and be like 'wot?', maybe get creeped out by it and run or somethin.

My main complaint is there is no actual lore in this lore submission. I'm confused.

EDIT:

Wait. These already exist? Without lore to them? So they're just being opened up to players instead of ET? I really don't see these things suiting players. ET can draw players to themselves, but normal players can hardly be like "you get a letter from a mud lady going 'come here pls', what do?".

Why don't you keep them as ET-only? Players can already play bryophites and oozes.

Far better lore has been presented and denied than this. It honestly confuses me as to why things like this are pushed for. 

I don't want to see this played, when our main races are being shrugged away in favor of animated teddy bears and pointless monsters. 

Why only "Mud Maiden"?

What about Mud Men?

781512053_e768065b5c.jpg

I do not agree with this gender biased lore.

Please add Mud Men too.

My main complaint is there is no actual lore in this lore submission. I'm confused.

EDIT:

Wait. These already exist? Without lore to them? So they're just being opened up to players instead of ET? I really don't see these things suiting players. ET can draw players to themselves, but normal players can hardly be like "you get a letter from a mud lady going 'come here pls', what do?".

Why don't you keep them as ET-only? Players can already play bryophites and oozes.

Here are the links where it was accepted previously:
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/121329-event-creatures-mud-maiden-and-dry-octapuss/ - This is a copy of 2 of 4 creature lore that was accepted, they were first placed in this thread:
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/120227-hair-leech-and-amber-wolves/ - If you read the first replies, you'll see mention of both the Mud maiden and the Dry octapuss.

So ye, this lore is to open up the creature to the players. I don't see this creature being possible to be played as an event character, because I believe this creature needs multiple plays to be an actual character and provide roleplay.